Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Make Imperial Physique prevent stealth

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Make Imperial Physique prevent stealth

The imperial physique is a high risk high reward set that makes players glow bright blue in a beam of light to let others know a player has a lot of loot but also a higher amount of resources. Being able to stealth, especially during combat, defeats this. As an added penalty for the higher stats I believe this should prevent stealth, or at least continue the blue glow area as someone wanders about in stealth.

Feel free to to complain or agree below.
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you seriously asking for a nerf to stealth? Do you know what you are going to attract to your post!? Have you gone mad?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking for a nerf to stealth? Do you know what you are going to attract to your post!? Have you gone mad?

On a single set that gives enhanced buffs, sure, why not? I have a detect pot ready, what's the worst that could happen?
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I’d love this because I prowl the sewers and a lot of magblades run away in stealth with this set I’d say it’s a little bit much to completely gut stealth. And I’m sure if that happened then streak, mist form, and so on would be hurt too by that nerf. (Remember what happened when they changed that for scroll runners?)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I’d love this because I prowl the sewers and a lot of magblades run away in stealth with this set I’d say it’s a little bit much to completely gut stealth. And I’m sure if that happened then streak, mist form, and so on would be hurt too by that nerf. (Remember what happened when they changed that for scroll runners?)

Why not? It's a pretty powerful set which comes with some risks which certain classes can min max while still suffering it's penalty. Something that totally negates that visibility penalty isn't well balanced. If you feel it should also prevent other abilities that would be fine, but an obvious blue glowing light seems like it would be hard to stealth away.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if you can cloak in Imp Phys that should be fixed; you're supposed to be conspicuous in that set for all the buffs it gives - I mean it puts a giant spotlight on you.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality though, you'd have to prevent a core skill in each classes armoury for it to be fair.
    You can't take away a Nightblades ability to stealth - which is kinda their thing - gutting their utility, and leave every other class untouched to do as they please.

Plus there are already plenty of counters to stealth, available to every class in game.
    Whilst I understand your thoughts entirely, it does seem pretty unfair.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the blue glow ... So you can't see the player but you can see the glow ...

There's that much glowy blue stuff it would be like camouflage to the untrained eye
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth already has plenty of "counters", as all the forumblades will crawl out of the woodwork to remind you.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to respectfully disagree. There's plenty of non gank reasons why someone needs to stealth up for a minute. That's going to be punishing.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth already has plenty of "counters", as all the forumblades will crawl out of the woodwork to remind you.

Thank god the forumsorcs got here first then amirite?
    Mazbt wrote: »
    I have to respectfully disagree. There's plenty of non gank reasons why someone needs to stealth up for a minute. That's going to be punishing.

Good thing the benefits outweigh the risks then; imp physiques balancing counterweight is the risk of using it; if NBs are immune to that it’s likely a ZoS oversight & needs adjustment. It’s cheese for one class otherwise; should behave like a scroll carry imo: no stealth no streak.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite. If a Sewer World Boss walks by and I'm not ready, I'm stealthing in a corner til
    they leave.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nerf nightblade thread. Yay!!!! /s
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nerf nightblade thread. Yay!!!! /s

Im pretty sure the OP only meant remove the ability for any sorcs to use invis pots while wearing this set. That's how i read it anyway.

Nerf sorcs.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you gotta go pee, you'd just take off one piece and find a corner to hide in like normal.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this would be an issue if the IC was this busy 365 days a year.

In all my years running around the IC and sewers I don't think I've ever been ganked by anyone wearing IP.

As it is, I seldom see them running alone. The few who have learned that they'll be zerg'd down during the IC event. (There are exceptions I know)

its just, I've yet to witness NB's rocking IP....or I'm just too busy looking for marks to gank.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Why not? It's a pretty powerful set which comes with some risks which certain classes can min max while still suffering it's penalty. Something that totally negates that visibility penalty isn't well balanced. If you feel it should also prevent other abilities that would be fine, but an obvious blue glowing light seems like it would be hard to stealth away.

I think it’s fine. You’re not invincible in the set. Back before Morrowind on my mag dk I could fight groups of 10+ Reason I could was battle roar scaled off of max. Me having 50k mag and 24k stam I was unstoppable because ult gave me almost everything back. That was a massive nerf for the set but I know it was needed. The set is fine. Just fighting someone in imperial physique you gotta play smart knowing they’re gonna protect their stones at all costs and they have thumbs somehow because scrubs don’t just put the set on.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

If you gotta go pee, you'd just take off one piece and find a corner to hide in like normal.

Good point there, however...

Inb4 nightblades use a keybinding to take that piece on and off on PC! :trollface:
    At least the set will become a nuisance for them to use that way though.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)