The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HOUSING BUILDING GUIDE with pics by HOUSING FINEST BUILDERS Guild

greekvamp_ESO
greekvamp_ESO
✭✭✭
Dear ESO Housing enthusiasts. :)

My in-game @ is Greekvamp and I am the creator of Housing Finest Builders Housing-only guild.
I have played ESO since the initial Beta testing, like many of you but since Housing Implementation, I devoted all my ESO play time building stuff! I am still far from an expert but I did manage to earn one of the winning position in the 2017 ZoS Housing competition, under "Fight Club" category with my "Mischievous Arena" build.

We had no housing addons and not many housing plans at the time but since then, ESO housing has progressed and improved a lot!
But still, there are a few issues we builders are facing while creating, so, having a few personal rules to follow while building, imo, is necessary.

Below are my five building rules for ESO that help me create a project that I and maybe others will like.
I would like to share them in case they can be of help to other builders.

If you would like to join us, pls in-game mail me @ greekvamp
B well!
GV - Creator of Housing Finest Builders Housing-only guild.

vz4dxgry90on.jpg
p3c4ackrf95o.jpg
ct3w62lnh1pv.jpg
id8qdyx40g3l.jpg
5ggfbitb65c7.jpg
47c10yqgips1.jpg
fj37wskuk1dw.jpg
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    You've given some great tips. Thank you!
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    Really cool!

Also I like how under the first rule image the first thumbnail is an arena. Now if only ZoS would put ability collision on their furniture pieces so that those of us who use abilities with "Ground" and "Area" targets can duel in these community built arenas.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really cool!

Also I like how under the first rule image the first thumbnail is an arena. Now if only ZoS would put ability collision on their furniture pieces so that those of us who use abilities with "Ground" and "Area" targets can duel in these community built arenas.

This would be great! I designed my Dueling Arena on the Coldharbour Surreal Estate just so that I would have an area where ground casted abilities wouldn't be an issue.

25d41foee5c1.png
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, VERY COOL. I would really like some of these screenshots in better resolution.

Though, I would disagree with rule #5. IMO, it's better to neglect some parts of the house or even remove access to them (wall off), leaving them empty, and (my rule number 5)
    - concentrate on 1 or 2 places in the house and make them as special and as detailed as possible, without looking at item limits

Just unleash the potential.

And another personal rule: Avoid putting things too orderly and uniformly (unliess it is intended, like in a library)
    Look at your surroundings. It has inherent disorder to it. Don't align all items in the house with a ruler. It gets that "sterile" feel if you set too much order to your place.
    Have a look at original furnished houses in Eso. There is always a certain chaotic touch to the place.

P.S. Why watermarks? It's not like you're selling this stuff. Seriously, it is quite annoying.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on September 13, 2018 12:47PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Really cool!

This would be great! I designed my Dueling Arena on the Coldharbour Surreal Estate just so that I would have an area where ground casted abilities wouldn't be an issue.

25d41foee5c1.png

@CGPsaint wow.
    Do you have a video of this house?
    How many slots did it take?
    Excellent work, would love to see it in more detail.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What server is this guild on?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Ayleid great hall library was spectacular!!!
  • Imagawa
    Imagawa
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    What server is this guild on?

PC NA
    TANK - that's all I do.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want my house to look Bethesda made because it's mine lol
    I don't need all these add-ons to create a wonderful home. Good advise but unless you're OCD these add-ons are not necessary.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would use the housing tools if could like get lessons on how to use it. as it is, it goes beyond my comprehension with axis and stuff like that. I have no idea how to use it. it's just hard for me to grasp.
    Edited by JJBoomer on October 5, 2018 7:16PM