The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Level 150 sets, but not 160?

Rick_S1
Rick_S1
✭✭
If this has been answered before, I'm sorry but I didn't find it. I just crafted my first set of armor, and it shows character level (CP?) 150. Is there a trick to crafting Level 160 armor, or am I missing something? I can make them legendary, but I'm waiting to find out if there is something more to crafting sets than I've found. Thank you.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that would let you make CP150 gear, but not CP160, is if your character';s level is more than CP150, but less than CP160, so they can't use it. You'd have seen that enough times on the way up.

So it's probably just not clicking on the "+" to raise the level. it defaults low, as you only want to make CP150 for writs, or you'd soon run out of materials. CP160 uses ten times as much as CP150 to make the same item, but the resulting item characteristics reflect that. You wouldn't want to accidentally use the extra materials.

At lower levels, you may not have bothered with that control, as it doesn't make so much difference to gear you outgrow in a few hours of play. If you're over CP160, now it does matter!
  • Rick_S1
    Rick_S1
    ✭✭
    Thank you. My character is over CP500, so it isn't my character's level. I need to look for the "+", at the crafting station.
  • Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    Much like all other tiers, you have to increase the level by using more mats of that tier.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    150 gear is more for daily writs as 160 costs ten times more mats to craft
    So when on ruby it defaults to 150 to get 160 just go to mat section and click up one
    You know your right when you see how much it cost to make
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rick_S1 wrote: »
    If this has been answered before, I'm sorry but I didn't find it. I just crafted my first set of armor, and it shows character level (CP?) 150. Is there a trick to crafting Level 160 armor, or am I missing something? I can make them legendary, but I'm waiting to find out if there is something more to crafting sets than I've found. Thank you.

lol, just increace the amount of materials. CP150 was the first set you crafted? seriosuly?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Rick_S1
    Rick_S1
    ✭✭
    Rick_S1 wrote: »

lol, just increace the amount of materials. CP150 was the first set you crafted? seriosuly?

Yes. I've been mixing other sets that were available in other locations, to make two different sets of 5 of a type for their benefits. Getting Summerset recently, and the Jewelry crafting made my own crafting more worthwhile. Of course I'm sure that there were other ways to do this, but... LOL!
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    All that happened is when you went to craft is you didn't click on the + button to change it from 150 to 160. Once you learn how to use a certain material you learn ALL of the levels it offers. That means when you learn to use orichalcum in blacksmithing you learn how to craft anything from level 26 all the way to level 34.
  • Rick_S1
    Rick_S1
    ✭✭
    gamer559 wrote: »
    All that happened is when you went to craft is you didn't click on the + button to change it from 150 to 160. Once you learn how to use a certain material you learn ALL of the levels it offers. That means when you learn to use orichalcum in blacksmithing you learn how to craft anything from level 26 all the way to level 34.

I saw that. Thank you. A slightly brighter gold plus was harder for me to see. My eyes weren't what they used to be, lol!