The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo crypt if hearts vet

qbit
qbit
✭✭✭✭✭
Well guys it’s time for me to grind this vet dungeon for monster helm. And I’ve got to do it solo. Because I’ve got some social anxiety that has me afraid to group since I worry of making a fool of myself or wasting time of others.

So I’ve soloed a lot of non vet dungeons using alcasthq.com builds for mag sorc PvE damage dealer. It was hard. And I fail at it a lot. But much has been learned.

Now I realize that using the pet sorc build from the same site would probably be better when running solo in PvE content. I built the best makeshift pet sorc build I can at my current level of CP 170. And I really like it and the simple rotation. My sore finger joints are happy with this new way of soloing content.

I see the equipment and CP point allocation are similar between that site’s damage dealer sorc vs pet sorc builds. I have enough skill points to make it so I can switch between the builds for solo versus group content!

So now to get the equipment. I need that Ilambris monster helm from the vet dungeon. And I got to solo it due to social anxiety and how much time it will take. And I’ve got to get lucky and get the shoulders too.

So my question is if it’s possible to solo the crypt of hearts 1 vet as a pet sorc at level 170. I’m going to find out tonight but I’m at lunch and researching on my phone and thought I’d ask here too while I wait until this evening.

Also, I’m scared of grouping and have only done it for world bosses in Summerset and twice guild mates have had to come help me with a dungeon I got to last boss while soloing. I always felt I was wasting their time for help. And I’m scared of dungeon finder grouping.

So that’s my question can I solo vet crypt of hearts at my level and can anyone help me get past social anxiety of grouping. But really I just need the ilambris monster helm. And some practice so I feel comfortable in groups and eventually can help the noobs like myself.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't suffer from anxiety as you do, but I had some of the same apprehension you've described before joining my first random group. We've all heard the stories of some loony PUGs where someone is screaming at another player. I have yet to witness that, but it was those stories that made me leery of doing group content at first. That, and the relatively long learning curve of the game itself, the lack of knowledge of mechanics of new trials or dungeons, the "you need to have X DPS with X CP and X gear before even trying" warnings, and the innate desire to not disappoint a group, even if you don't know who that group is.

In my experience, I've found that most of the groups I've run with are polite and very patient. I remember running nHOF for the first time and had no idea what I was doing. Died several rounds in a row on the last boss before I figured out what I was doing wrong. I probably deserved to get a snide comment thrown my way, and maybe even kicked, yet neither happened. We beat the boss and I thanked the other 11 for their patience, assuming they were silently seething. Instead, others admitted they had no idea what they were doing either and had died as much as I had. It was a relief.

Eventually I dove in and ran more trials in Craglorn. A lot of guilds recruit through those and you can use the trial run as a literal trial run of the guild. Found some good guilds and routine players to run trials and dungeons with. I found the group content far more entertaining than soloing and regretted not jumping in earlier. Even when I run PUGs, I've found its more common to have players who are more experienced with the run teach mechanics instead of the long sigh and vote to kick. And I've learned far more by doing it than reading guides.

I know Vet mode can bring in some tryhards and more aggro players, but even those types of players are mostly up front with the group about what they expect. If you are honest as to your skill or familiarity, they will either carry you or say sorry and kick and replace you before the run begins. There are only 2 instances I've seen someone get dumped on or laughed at: (1) someone who joins Dungeon Finder and lies about being a tank or healer when they are a DPS, or (2) respond to a vet group invite and be a ridiculously low level player (like a non-CP level 24 healer for VHRC).

In all, I can assure you that none of my preconceived fears of group play turned out to be true. Again, my advice is to join a friendly guild or two. Players will get to know you and you them, and you will have a constant pool of people to group with. Good luck.
    Edited by El_Borracho on September 4, 2018 6:56PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last boss would be a rough solo at CP 170 (though not impossible). Everything else is pretty straightforward, though if you are having trouble on nonvet dungeon solos, even the trash mobs are going to give you a hard time in a vet dungeon. The damage and NPC HP is a lot higher.

It's a very, very easy group dungeon, though. I would honestly equip a resto staff, queue as a healer (matriarch for burst heals, Mutagen and Healing Springs as HoTs) and just plow through it with a pug group. If you get an average group it'll take 20-25 minutes, and half that if you get lucky and find a couple endgame DPS.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I started solo'ing vet dungeons, Crypt of Hearts was the first one I really struggled with. Everything seemed pretty doable, right up until those jerk twins at the end. They killed me a lot. Eventually I learned enough about them to get it done, though. Here's a few tips I'll offer...

- Blue's heavy attack will wreck you if it connects. This is by far what killed me most when solo'ing these guys, and it was always aggravating until I learned what the problem was. The animation for his heavy attack is a little desynced or something, so if you're not blocking/dodging before the animation is ~60% completed it will freeze your character in place like a dope for a second while you skillfully catch his axe with your face. You can block most every attack in the game at the last second, but not this one. Block (or dodge) early.

- Red will shoot a line of flame out that hurts pretty bad. The further away from him you are, the more time you have to see it coming and avoid. Don't be up near him unless you need to be, and your life is easier. It isn't a problem at all if you just side step it, since it's a narrow line.

- Whichever one you kill first, the other enrages and gains some of his fallen brother's powers. Minimize the time you spend in this phase by getting both of their health real low before you kill either. Makes the whole thing a lot simpler, but maybe slightly less fun.

- Make a few attempts with the Hard Mode scroll. I do my vet clears with HM enabled (but I was higher CP when I was attempting this), not because I'm a badass (I'm not) but because I'm honestly a little mentally slow. It takes me a while to catch on to things sometimes, especially with so much going on during a fight, so HM really highlights what the dangerous attacks/mechanics are. It's hard to ignore stuff when it kills you outright. A few deaths in HM can save you a LOT of failed attempts in non-HM. When you're ready to make a final go of it, non-HM will feel noticeably easier too! A nice side benefit.

If you do decide to solo it, I hope those tips help you. I can't help you with the anxiety side of your question, but I will recommend you try to find some chill people that don't mind mistakes, long learning curves, and explaining mechanics to people who need it. I promise you, they're around. Don't spend time with jerks, elitists, or people who just generally don't fit your vibe. Not worth your time (or theirs) to hang with people you don't jive with. But this game is a lot more fun with even a single good friend. I hope you find them.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoH I is easy to solo though you might need to get used to it. Just kill me he twins at the end at the he same time.

CoH II is probably impossible to solo due to mechanics on the final boss around 35%.
    Edited by idk on September 4, 2018 7:43PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that people tend to like others more after doing favors for them. In other words, you asking people to help you out is likely to make people like you more. It is unlikely they they are feeling put out. If they were people who would feel that way, the probably wouldn't offer to help. Getting to help you likely makes them feel good about themselves. People like feeling good about themselves.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've healed every non-DLC dungeon and a couple of DLC ones. I've been criticized TWICE that I can recall, in both cases when I didn't yet understand the mechanics to White-Gold Tower.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all these responses! I got the info I need and also now some more confidence that I'm probably worrying about nothing with regards to grouping up in the dungeons. I've got a thick skin for insults and kicks from the group, but I absolutely would hate to feel like I'm wasting someones time in a dungeon. Say they only have like an hour to play that evening and I'm cutting into it. I don't like to be that guy when I've got so much time to git gud and solo the stuff before taking up their time.

Maybe I can try to solo the vet dungeons once I've got all geared up and am CP 780. I'm going through a bit of a thing right now and just don't like to leave the house unless it's for my 8 to 5 job. So I have like all the time in the world to git gud, as they say. Thankfully girlfriend is supportive of me basically never wanting to spend time with her or leave the house...

Well thanks again, everyone.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fwiw, I started to solo vets around CP 300 I think, and I still was comparatively bad at the game. Public Dungeon bosses were just unbeatable for me at times (lol). DPS was a mess, I hardly understood how to distribute CP, and I don't even think I was using good gear back then. But that's how I learned. Jumping into veteran dungeons and seeing what was kicking my butt and where I needed to improve is what turned things around for me. I learned more quickly from then on.

You don't need to wait until CP cap to solo stuff. If you got time and patience (and some decent gear), it can be done at any level. I recently started trying to do things on an alt account -- with no CP -- and I can now agree with what people always told me; it's more about your knowledge and performance than anything else.

Good gear, stats, CP, etc. all help, no doubt. But you gotta learn it all anyway, and sooner is better than later. You don't wanna be that CP capped player who still needs to learn basic competence that many others learned at around CP 40. Trust me. ;p
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    Thanks for all these responses! I got the info I need and also now some more confidence that I'm probably worrying about nothing with regards to grouping up in the dungeons. I've got a thick skin for insults and kicks from the group, but I absolutely would hate to feel like I'm wasting someones time in a dungeon. Say they only have like an hour to play that evening and I'm cutting into it. I don't like to be that guy when I've got so much time to git gud and solo the stuff before taking up their time.

Maybe I can try to solo the vet dungeons once I've got all geared up and am CP 780. I'm going through a bit of a thing right now and just don't like to leave the house unless it's for my 8 to 5 job. So I have like all the time in the world to git gud, as they say. Thankfully girlfriend is supportive of me basically never wanting to spend time with her or leave the house...

@qbit ,

What platform are you on? If you happen to be PC/NA I can hook you up with some incredibly non-judgmental people to help run what you need.

Hope whatever you're going through get's better.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For this dungeon on vet, as long as you stay alive, it really doesn't take long. Like 15 minutes tops. It is one of the easiest to do so no-one should kick you. And if it takes an hour to do, you probably aren't the problem or at least not the only problem.
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    So that’s my question can I solo vet crypt of hearts at my level and can anyone help me get past social anxiety of grouping. But really I just need the ilambris monster helm. And some practice so I feel comfortable in groups and eventually can help the noobs like myself.

What system and server are you on?
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse, I'm on PC/NA. I'm @q.bit in the game (there is a . in the userid) if you want to add me or send an invite.

I soloed the thing on normal mode last night. It was literally the easiest one I've soloed, but this was also my first time using my new pet build in a dungeon. I can see why people call that easy mode in PvE.

Things only got hairy at the end because the two dudes didn't die quite at the same time. The middle guy died first and I was having trouble getting the pets to tank the dude constantly running after me. I almost feel I would have been better off just killing that running guy first since the chasing me around was a bigger hindrance than the dodging the middle guy's attacks.

I'll try a few other things tonight. I have some adjustments to make after that run and I need to sell some mats to buy some uncraftable gear. I did run back in and try vet mode jenkins style, but it was like 1:30 am and my eyes were dry and I could barely see. All I know is my pets were killed by the first mob and then I was shredded to pieces. But I may have fell asleep at the keyboard... I wasn't sure what happened since I was so tired. Screen just turned blue and death recap started scrolling after like 20 seconds, lol.

Yeah, I think I've still got some build adjustments to make before I'm ready to group up. I also need to probably not use the pets while in a group. I'm trying to skill and gear the character so I can use pets for solo or be traditional DD without pets for group. I hear that groups don't like pets and tend to kick people that use them, but please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

My DPS with pets on trash mobs can get surprisingly high (30k). Actually not sure why with trash mobs sometimes CombatMetrics shows really high numbers DPS that simply never happen on the target dummies. I assume maybe something is procing on low health mobs, but the Alcast builds I'm using don't use any execute procs I'm aware of. Only procs I know of are Power Surge heals. I don't know. This is the first time I've really started digging into my build and thinking in depth about it since I've finally got enough skill points, money, mats, crafting traits, etc. to do real tweaking and experimentation. The game is really getting interesting for me at this stage, and this kind of discussion with seasoned players really helps.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play as much as I used to, but I'll add you tonight. Getting a few friends to run the dungeon with you and get you the pick of the helm drops shouldn't be a problem, if we're ever online at the same time : P

My DPS with pets on trash mobs can get surprisingly high (30k). Actually not sure why with trash mobs sometimes CombatMetrics shows really high numbers DPS that simply never happen on the target dummies

What's probably happening is you are getting AOE damage that inflates your numbers--for instance, I main a magplar. If I'm spamming sweeps on a single target, I may get say 20k DPS on that single target. If I'm hitting 6 targets, I'm doing 20k DPS to the closest dude, PLUS 10k DPS to the other 5 dudes for a total of 70k DPS!

So in your case, your wall of elements/lightning heavies/pet pulses/lightning flood/lightning form are all generating way more DPS in the metrics than they are doing single target (which is what people generally mean when they refer to DPS parses).

There are a few fluffy trash packs in the game that you can cheese up 6 figure DPS parses.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the AoEs on multiple guys are exactly what is inflating my numbers. Didn’t think of that. I’ve got a ways to go on DPS lol. Thanks for the insight.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very possible, just the last bosses are long to fight since you'll have to keep them separate or risk a 1 shot.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think I've still got some build adjustments to make before I'm ready to group up. I also need to probably not use the pets while in a group. I'm trying to skill and gear the character so I can use pets for solo or be traditional DD without pets for group. I hear that groups don't like pets and tend to kick people that use them, but please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

People don't kick people for running pets in a group. And if they do, they are probably trash players that you wouldn't want to run with anyways.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should seek out and join a guild. Most social guilds don’t have any requirements about DPS or performance when grouping for dungeons. The main requirement is just to have fun! :) If you would like, I can send you an invite to our guild, Greybeards & Gals. We are a guild mainly for the mature gamer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill the moving hard hitting boss first (trying to keep the two health as close as possible until then)

Personally, infernal guardian is my go to monster helm, as I solo I hit Shields *a lot* - never have a naked health bar

Guardian helps maintain dps while using Shields.

Pets have an odd aggro system I'm not entirely sure on - seems if I hold block/ don't attack for a few sec, the pet (s) can aggro a boss. Also not entirely sure how it loses aggro.

All of these dungeon bosses have a pattern - though I can't remember this one's. (Example though; blessed crucible, final boss is EZ when you block the charge up attack and side step the lava - The whisperer is dodge the hallucinogen, block the damage and run after the web pulls you in)

Eventually you'll recognize all the attacks and will find such things to solo way easier than now.

You'll get it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht thanks for the info. I hear from that Alcast site that heavy attacking an enemy will cause the pets to draw agro from that enemy. It would be nice if we could send each pet to a separate guy but that would be OP. I’m not sure if this works or not and I know I was screwing it up. Despite not dying on my normal solo run, there were times of chaotic keyboard mashing and panic as I ran from the boss trying to get my thoughts in order. So no doubt I was messing up the heavy attack thing. There were times each pet was on a different boss. It’s kind of odd going from no pets to two pets. The pet build doesn’t have a complex rotation of abilities so I’m standing there just dropping AoE and light/heavy attacking while turtleing up in shields.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was talking about Vet Crypt of Hearts II... which is impossible to solo, by the way. Spider Daedra boss webs you and you die.