The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

White Tiger Loyalty Mount....?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
Striped-Senche-Carry.jpg

A lot of people love this mount
And a lot of people don't want it given out again

So
A reskin that is obviously different?

White tiger with dark grey or black saddle?

White Tiger Loyalty Mount....? 133 votes

Yes
84%
laurajfCatsmoke14SigtricEthoirSkuaWuffyCeruleiSantieClawsScardyFoxAlienSlofAnkaridanvrineAybleSheezabeaststarlizard70ub17_ESOLivvyIdinuseAtallantabeckamayElsonsonine9six 112 votes
No
11%
AcrolaskwisatzBlackpineVenscalPaazhahdrimaakCadburymeekmikoEthyarioncoop500o5stangThannazzarHeresyallWildRaptorXPajorLorel 15 votes
Other
4%
AjaxandrielmitebaGarishSarevoccredspecter23MagicalLija 6 votes
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    White, or marmalade, or maltese...all sorts of tiger color morphs could be used. It was dumb of them to use the basic tiger as an exclusive mount, given how popular it is and how common tigers are in the game.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There was/is a white tiger asset in the game files, don't see why not.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rich used a costume as an example for the 'free things' section of the Crown Store they're adding for ESO+.
    So it's not a cumulative or stacking program like the old retired system.

The old system wasn't particularly cumulative either as all you had to do to get the tiger was have 300 days of paid game time credited to your account just before Tamriel Unlimited launched. A credit card and a trip to Target in the winter of 2015 was all you really needed.

We already have Pay-To-Mounts in the game with the seasonal crates, I don't think we need another type of Pay-To-Mount.

(Pax West video; jump to around 45:30)
    signing off
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's kind of ridiculous that tigers are so common in the game, but only a small number of people were ever able to get a tiger mount. People like me who joined the game later never even had a chance to get one. They should release a different color variation (so the original loyalty reward still stays special).
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Special items should stay "special" and should not be re-released at all. That should be true even for special crown store items.
    (Luckily, I have that tiger, and use it from time to time - but I like the black Senche better.)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have it, but also don't care if others have it as well. If they wanted to give it out again, I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have this tiger, I’m happy about it, but I don’t mind if others could get the exactly same mount. Even if everyone else had it, this would not make it any less special to me. I get why some players don’t want it to be available to others, but I would be so sad if it was out of my reach If I had missed it. So tigers to everyone!! ;-)
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    How about a tiger that can be earned other ways?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. There have been plenty of senche mounts reskinned from the original. They’re still not the original just like our Circus of Cheerful Slaughter will remain unique even with the cheap knockoffs.

2. Zos cannot give out the original striped senche mount as a loyalty reward again since those like me that have it have no use for a second one. It would essentially say the most loyal long term subscribers are valued less.

Whatever Zos would give as loyalty reward will he liked by some and no so much by others. They shouldn’t and won’t give old rewards again and that’s just life.
    Edited by idk on September 4, 2018 5:25PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could deal with newer players getting a tiger; as long as they met the same requirement- 300 paid/subbed days.

• NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. There have been plenty of senche mounts reskinned from the original. They’re still not the original just like our Circus of Cheerful Slaughter will remain unique even with the cheap knockoffs.

2. Zos cannot give out the original striped senche mount as a loyalty reward again since those like me that have it have no use for a second one. It would essentially say the most loyal long term subscribers are valued less.

Whatever Zos would give as loyalty reward will he liked by some and no so much by others. They shouldn’t and won’t give old rewards again and that’s just life.

The suggestion is for a new reward. A white tiger, not a normal one :p its not the old one. Its new
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    JKorr wrote: »
    I could deal with newer players getting a tiger; as long as they met the same requirement- 300 paid/subbed days.

I could go with this idea as long as people earning the tiger had to put out the same effort (ie. commitment of $$$) as I did to earn my tiger.

Also I think a black tiger with orange stripes would look even cooler.
    KIKnnPJ.jpg

Or even a golden tiger,
    PQQcQuC.jpg
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The suggestion is for a new reward. A white tiger, not a normal one :p its not the old one. Its new

I’m aware which should be clear from my post. I actually wondered why you even mentioned Thebes original senche mount since it’s not really relevant. ZOs is never going to give that mount away again.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That golden tiger up above is one incredible-looking animal. You made me want to do a google search for "tiger mutations."
    This is called a "maltese tiger"

44430637772_84a0e2bd6b_o.png

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 4, 2018 11:12PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Likewise here; I see no reason why newer players should be completely denied a chance at it.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Going to bump this thread (hopefully, it's still relevant?) to suggest that what they could always do, is to give people who didn't recieve the mount, and who have been subbed for at least 300 days, the original tiger mount.

Then, they could give people, who have been subbed for a further period of time (whether another 300 days, or whatever other suitable length of time they may decide) another, different, loyalty mount.

Another colour/variety of tiger, perhaps?

...and in fact, they could keep doing that, every 300 days (or whatever), of sub.

That way, everyone who has subbed continuously, for x number of days, is valued equally.

...and people who have been continuously subbed from the start could be due about 4 more tigers, at this point, lol.

If that didn't make the most loyal long term subscribers feel suitably valued, I don't know what would...?
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 2, 2019 5:42PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Heh, for now they only keep feeding us with tiny statues and calling this "rewarding on a more regular basis". Pfff...
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wouldn't exactly be hard, get the white non combat pet tiger, scale it up, stick a saddle on it, BOOM! Done
  • Ragnar_The_Red
    A few years back, I mentioned on the forums having the opportunity to earn the original Tiger Senche on console - and got slaughtered by people for it. It's refreshing to see some owners of that mount being open minded about others having the chance to earn it. Perhaps new posters, or perhaps some took the sword out of their number 2 hole.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ooo I like the black tiger. :o
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Striped-Senche-Carry.jpg

So

Pretty much is not happening anytime soon, If ever.

First, it is bigger than a 3 inch statue that Zos has been giving us and it seems Zos will be giving us those tiny statues for awhile.
    Second, they can sell that mount for a pretty penny and player will pay for it.

So those are my two solid reasons I doubt it will ever be a loyalty reward. Well, unless they do something like give it to everyone who has subed for that last 15 months which would really *** off players that missed a month. lol.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Striped-Senche-Carry.jpg

So

Pretty much is not happening anytime soon, If ever.

First, it is bigger than a 3 inch statue that Zos has been giving us and it seems Zos will be giving us those tiny statues for awhile.
    Second, they can sell that mount for a pretty penny and player will pay for it.

So those are my two solid reasons I doubt it will ever be a loyalty reward. Well, unless they do something like give it to everyone who has subed for that last 15 months which would really *** off players that missed a month. lol.

You never know, it might happen. :)

It did before, after all.

Try to think positive...

For one thing, as long as everyone was made aware of it, it would be an incentive for people to sub and then stay subbed, long-term.

Which would, obviously, be good knews for the revenue stream of the game.

At the moment, some people sub for a while, gather stuff in their crafting bag, furnish their houses to the ESO+ limit and then unsub again, for a while, until they need to do all that again.

Offering something like this would make that less likely to happen.

In fact, people who were intending to take short breaks from the game might still renew, rather than cancelling; just so they could get the next tiger when they got back (or soon after).

Rather than cancelling for a few months and then subbing again and losing the days they had accumulated before the break.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 6:13PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be annoyed if the loyalty mount was sold.

I would not be annoyed if a reskin was sold! I'd probably even buy one.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would also like to see something other than a horse, camel, bear, gaur, wolf, sench, and indrik
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they took away the loyalty subscription concept. Did they ever say? Seems like a really good way to keep people subbed even if they take a break from the game lol I really wish it was still a thing when I was playing actively.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I have the tiger and don't want it to be made available again, but a reskin? Sure, who cares. The tiger is really just one of MANY senche reskins. What's one more? As long as it's not the same, I don't care.

I hope ZOS continues to keep the loyalty rewards as REWARDS for the players they wanted to thank for sticking with them the whole time it was a sub-only game on PC.

However, they could do reskins and I think that would be fine. If they reskinned the Dwarven Sphere and made ebony or blue-light special versions, and even made them shinier and more impressive, I'd still prefer the one I earned as part of the loyalty program because of what it means to me. When I ride my tiger, it reminds me of the early days, with resource caps, no armor dying, items in containers all free for the taking...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    A few years back, I mentioned on the forums having the opportunity to earn the original Tiger Senche on console - and got slaughtered by people for it. It's refreshing to see some owners of that mount being open minded about others having the chance to earn it. Perhaps new posters, or perhaps some took the sword out of their number 2 hole.

I think most players who earned the mount, including me, are not wanting it to be given out again but are ok with reskins. IF they were to give the original mount out UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS, then I'd be ok with it. BUT, it's clear that the free items we're getting as part of ESO+ are not cumulative and thus someone could easily just sub for a month to get a particular reward.

So, these monthly rewards aren't loyalty rewards, so I don't want the original being given away again under the current conditions. Reskins, though, are quite fine and looking at some of the pictures, I think some of the potential reskins would be quite nice and even better than the original.

I understand players wanting the tiger, but I would hope that they understand that it's different than any of the limited-time mounts or crate apex mounts. It was earned by subbing to the game for 300 days, although I've heard of players claiming that they were able to get it by purchasing time cards to extend their sub to qualify. If true, it certainly was not in line with the original intention of the reward and it's disappointing that ZOS would allow it, although if someone were willing to fork over that much cash for it, then why would ZOS not be willing to take their money.

The tiger has special meaning to me, and I know that players who just want it because it's a tiger won't (or refuse) to understand. Also, interesting thing to note is that the tiger shows up in the "special" category of the mount collection and not with the other senche that can be purchased in-game. It also has text to indicate it was a loyalty reward. So, it doesn't sound like they'd ever release it again. Of course, ZOS could always change their mind. Also, they've reskinned the senche quite a few times, now (crazy crate versions aside), and the fact that they haven't done any other tiger version seems to indicate they don't even want to offer a variation of the loyalty reward. They've done tiger pets, but not any tiger mounts. Seems like they could sell more of a tiger reskin than some of the recent reskins (like the cougar).

ETA: Some of the early posts about people wanting the mount on console just said - sell it in the Crown Store. That's what a lot of players who earned it took issue with, myself included. I was willing for console players to EARN it, but not be able to just fork over 2500 crowns (what most senche mounts have sold for).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 4, 2019 6:25PM
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like other tiger owners here, that mount is special to me. It symbolises our early dedication and not joining the game later. Its not about the sub time, its about supporting the game from the start. When they announced console would be delayed they offered a free transfer and digital game if you started to play on PC in the meantime, so there was no real excuse for not supporting them if you're truly dedicated.
    I hope this helps to explain why the tiger mount is a touchy subject.

But white tiger mount? Sure! Smack that baby in the crown store and I'll get it. Even if its an eso+ exclusive that will be fine too! Heck, daily login reward would be fine too!
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Like other tiger owners here, that mount is special to me. It symbolises our early dedication and not joining the game later. Its not about the sub time, its about supporting the game from the start. When they announced console would be delayed they offered a free transfer and digital game if you started to play on PC in the meantime, so there was no real excuse for not supporting them if you're truly dedicated.
    I hope this helps to explain why the tiger mount is a touchy subject.

But white tiger mount? Sure! Smack that baby in the crown store and I'll get it. Even if its an eso+ exclusive that will be fine too! Heck, daily login reward would be fine too!

I played at the start.

Right at launch.

I stayed subbed for the full 6 months, but had to leave after about 3, as my laptop at the time simply wasn't up to it.

I didn't even unsub - PayPal just didn't allow the automatic resub, after 6 months, I guess?

Had my laptop been up to it and had I stayed and got the mount, I would have been absolutely fine with everyone else getting it, too, whether they started playing at launch, or not.

I know it would be easy for me to just say that - but, people who know me (or have read my posts on other games forums), know this is how I genuinely feel about things, in general.

Not everyone gets their validation from an "exclusivity" label.

We played at the start of a game - we didn't invent a cure for cancer. :smile:

Edited by Tigerseye on January 5, 2019 1:56PM