The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are u Glad the Sigil is Gone from Deathmatch

Finviuswe
Finviuswe
✭✭✭✭
Just a simple poll to try and find out how many people wanted the sigil gone from deathmatch. It always seemed like the majority, but I am wondering by how much. Maybe others could be wondering this.

I was always neutral towards the sigil because it was something that anyone had the chance to get, and it wasn't all that powerful. You could simply avoid the team that got the sigil until it ran out, and anyone who obtained the sigil buff was still very much killable (defenses not buffed). No other for this poll 'cause I feel it will skew the results unnecessarily.
Edited by Finviuswe on September 3, 2018 5:51AM

Are u Glad the Sigil is Gone from Deathmatch 136 votes

Yes, sigil is trash
92%
jediodyn_ESOSolarikenDeadlyRecluseCresAlendrinWuffyCeruleiRikumaruKoensolAshanneThestephenmcraeub17_ESOAnrosecamelliaKartalinturlisleyDarkmage1337MojomonkeymanpaulsimonpsNedicWildlingCinbriMinno 126 votes
No, I enjoyed having the sigil in Deathmatch (reason?)
7%
Iruil_ESOAnethumAlexTheLionMipMipLiquidSchwartzBeardimusregime211SouthernSoldjerhuschdeguddzjeWoppaBoem 10 votes
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Yeah, I was always one to learn the spawns/rotation and go for it and/or avoid the enemy team that had it, simply because the match revolved around it; but, I prefer it be gone and a straight-up raw 3-way fight, rather then everyone constantly camping the sigil spawn location. It was too abused and definitely became a crutch for some teams/players. Even me, depending on the character/build. :lol:

It sure made Quad-kills much easier to get, however. So use your Merciless title since it is harder to achieve now that the sigil is gone. Bahahaha :sunglasses:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Yeah, I was always one to learn the spawns/rotation and go for it and/or avoid the enemy team that had it, simply because the match revolved around it; but, I prefer it be gone and a straight-up raw 3-way fight, rather then everyone constantly camping the sigil spawn location. It was too abused and definitely became a crutch for some teams/players. Even me, depending on the character/build. :lol:

It sure made Quad-kills much easier to get, however. So use your Merciless title since it is harder to achieve now that the sigil is gone. Bahahaha :sunglasses:

Haha. I am leaning towards agreeing w you.

There's no doubt it's a lil more skill based now.

But there's no doubting that there was strategy involved in finding out where the sigil would spawn next, and keeping track of when it would spawn. Maybe that can be considered "skill" as well?
    Edited by Finviuswe on September 3, 2018 6:00AM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

But there's no doubting that there was strategy involved in finding out where the sigil would spawn next, and keeping track of when it would spawn. Maybe that can be considered "skill" as well?

Yeah, I had many clutch victories in beating other players/teams to the sigil spawn before they wiped the floor with me or my own team, or the 3rd team; but, then again, I've had numerous games against 4-stacked premades that would camp the sigil and were untouchable with it, which leads you/your team to focus the 2nd/3rd lesser team. Basically, everyone gang up on the weakest link and see who comes out on top, haha.

I knew all of the sigil spawns on every map. On Foyada Quarry, the lava map, you could even see the red-glow aura from the sigil from within the teams' spawn area, during the intermission lobby, so you could rule out the sigil's spawn points, etc. before the match even began.

I don't know if I'd call it skill, or simply just paying attention. Lol :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on September 3, 2018 6:10AM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash

Yeah, I had many clutch victories in beating other players/teams to the sigil spawn before they wiped the floor with me or my own team, or the 3rd team; but, then again, I've had numerous games against 4-stacked premades that would camp the sigil and were untouchable with it, which leads you/your team to focus the 2nd/3rd lesser team. Basically, everyone gang up on the weakest link and see who comes out on top, haha.

I knew all of the sigil spawns on every map. On Foyada Quarry, the lava map, you could even see the red-glow aura from the sigil from within the teams' spawn area, during the intermission lobby, so you could rule out the sigil's spawn points, etc. before the match even began.

Yeah for sure, I'm all for employing whatever tactic needed to win the game, it's all valid (if you ask me).

Keeping track of the sigil required implementation of strategy, from that angle, I thought it brought an interesting factor into the mix.

However now, there is the guarantee that every fight will be "even", at least insofar that one side will not have an absurdly powerful buff. I would have to say I prefer it the way it is now.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash

Yeah for sure, I'm all for employing whatever tactic needed to win the game, it's all valid (if you ask me).

Keeping track of the sigil required implementation of strategy, from that angle, I thought it brought an interesting factor into the mix.

However now, there is the guarantee that every fight will be "even", at least insofar that one side will not have an absurdly powerful buff. I would have to say I prefer it the way it is now.

I totally agree.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's mostly a good thing, except in deathmatch where spwan camping is the way to go now because there is literally no incentive to go awway
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Well it's mostly a good thing, except in deathmatch where spwan camping is the way to go now because there is literally no incentive to go awway

someone who voted no.

Spawn camping has always been a thing, I mean we did that when the sigil was in play, right?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Im in favor of no sigil,

even if it can be fun once in a while
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Im in favor of no sigil,

even if it can be fun once in a while

Then you agree with the majority.

It's fun only when you have it. The game was less fun as long as any of the other teams had it.

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pros: Deathmatch feels more competitve now without it. We no longer have to be watching our back for sigil-buffed blindsides and disengaging when it spawns.

Cons: On PC NA at least, the amount of healer/tank groups has skyrocketed in the past few weeks. The sigil would help bust up those groups, stagger their spawns, and make those matches interesting.

Overall I think the change favors slower magicka/heal/tank builds. I wouldn’t mind having it back in other game modes, and wouldn’t cry if it was put back in TDM

PCNA

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    IMO there shouldn't be catch up mechanics in PVP.

If you're getting smacked, you're just not good enough for where you are, but persevere until you aren't getting smacked; it'll come.

Giving anyone a buff that they can't get anywhere else doesn't help them progress, just makes them forever wonder where the next crutch is coming from.

Good players get the sigil 95% of the time and just avoid enemies that got it, to the point where it's useless to anyone but the good. The issues that people pawn off as a "sigil benefit" are just cases of bad matchmaking - Which we're all aware of.

The change is good.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be if I could get into battlegrounds.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Good players get the sigil 95% of the time and just avoid enemies that got it, to the point where it's useless to anyone but the good. The issues that people pawn off as a "sigil benefit" are just cases of bad matchmaking - Which we're all aware of.

The change is good.

I wouldn’t call sigil a catch up mechanic. You said it yourself, most times it benefits the better players.

If anything sigil served as a check to tank/heals spamming the queues.

But none of these are really worth taking a death when you weren’t out-played or mis-matched. So I remain neutral
    PCNA

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    del9 wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »

The change is good.

I wouldn’t call sigil a catch up mechanic. You said it yourself, most times it benefits the better players.

If anything sigil served as a check to tank/heals spamming the queues.

But none of these are really worth taking a death when you weren’t out-played or mis-matched. So I remain neutral

Yeah fair point, because of how easy it was to control, it wasn't really a catch up mechanic. I don't really know what they were thinking with the implementation - I guess for whatever reason, they thought their MM would be much better than it is and individual players/strong groups wouldn't dominate the system.

Healers are kinda a pain but tanks in no-CP don't seem a massive concern, at least to me.

But yeah they should be problems to solve with effective MM, not a sigil.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Glad it's gone. I can pretty much heal through most groups now except a few beastly players! ;)
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gave an objective to deathmatch and promoted teamplay instead of going off alone because you might miss out on a sigil.
    It also gave underdog teams a chance to come back. I’ve won more games since the sigil has been removed tho. Easier to smash without some snipe spamming scrub getting a spike in damage before I can even react

AND FOR &$@# SAKE ALL THE TANKS AND HEALERS
    Edited by LiquidSchwartz on September 4, 2018 10:26AM
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    im glad it's gone. If it needs to return, it should have a counter (IE much higher ability costs to counter the huge dmg increase).

I think that feedback goes for most of this game in my opinion. For example, if you want a gcd ignoring proc that happens passively, it should still cost resources on each cast.

Or valkyn meteor should be blockable if it will be undodgeable. Same goes for CC, should have one but not the other.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn is blockable
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like idea that there are no secondary objectives in this mode now.
    Old sigil was too strong, but I'm absolutly sure it should exist in another form, like few random buffs for group or much smaller additional damage etc.
    To make it more dynamic and make players move on map, without stucking in one place forever like before one team base or comfortable for trap one.
    It's boring now imho
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care. Doesn't seem to change much.

I do wish there was a free for all with 8 players randomly spawning at different locations.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Don't care. Doesn't seem to change much.

I do wish there was a free for all with 8 players randomly spawning at different locations.

I would be open to this and would definitely play it. Actually, something like that would put to rest a lot of the accusations of, 'X' player being bad (or good) because if you do well in an FFA format, nobody can blame your success on the rest of your team.

For me, not having the sigil has changed:
    • It is now more difficult to stage a comeback without the sigil, as that was a very overpowered buff that could quickly gain a team 50-100 points within a relatively short window.
    • Player skill is now a bigger factor than before. The sigil was a skillless mechanic that could improve the score of a weaker player beyond what they would normally be capable of.
    • The strategy of tracking the sigil's spawn location has disappeared from the game, so players are able to focus solely on combat.

I was happy it was gone. If it was put back in, I'd care to a minimal extent, maybe I'd even enjoy putting out some severely OP burst combos again.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    People spend time on fighting now instead of running around map in searching of sigil.
  • SouthernSoldjer
    The only way to counter some teams was to get the sigil and now that it's gone if you get up against a premade with scrubs on your team you just get destroyed.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    The only way to counter some teams was to get the sigil and now that it's gone if you get up against a premade with scrubs on your team you just get destroyed.

If you're against a premade with scrubs on your team, the sigil wouldn't of done anything anyway; also, the premade would have got it before you.

Another Matchmaking issue that has nothing to do with the sigil.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    My alliance rank is only 16 or something, so I don't get the greatest of opponents. I found that most people actually ignored it. I voted for it going here, as it's kind of chance to get it, but I used to enjoy grabbing it and dragon leaping a whole bunch of players! XD
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    People spend time on fighting now instead of running around map in searching of sigil.

for me it's most boring mode.
    there should be another objectives to make it more dynamic.
    old sigil was too strong. double damage is ridiculous, but...people had to think about where it can appear, how to positioning to have it first, how to use it effectively etc.
    like a squirrel in "Ice Age".
    She wasn't a part of story, but always was around or in the middle, in funny and ironic way.
    Movie coudn't be so nice without that squirrel yes.
    U're more than experienced in pvp, didn't u hate meat fights without anything more yet?

Deathmatch need something like that squirrel.
    Edited by Anethum on September 24, 2018 3:40PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sigil is trash
    I miss my game of cloaking and taking it from a group right under their nose. But I don't miss the sigil.