Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should not be allowed to attack from safe areas or player is pushed off once they attack.

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
It's very common for ranged players to pick people off or cover ball carriers from safety of the starting area. Either they should not be allowed to attack from there or maybe they are pushed or teleported off once they attack.
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    My issue is mainly when you’re trying to grab a relic and you can be range-interrupted by someone still in their safe zone.

If you’re restricting us from applying damage, we should be restricted from applying snares/debuffs/interrupts as well.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some game modes this makes sense, but most of the time it's a natural response to spawn camping, and is fine.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I see snipers sitting up there and you can't do anything about it. Should be a timer 5-10secs to leave the area or insta death.

That will solve the problem. Something similar to the dolmen mechanic.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a mechanic to prevent spawn camping in Imperial City.

They must have forgotten about it.
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    In some game modes this makes sense, but most of the time it's a natural response to spawn camping, and is fine.

If you're bad enough to ge pushed back and spawncamped then you deserve it, you should not be allowed to do damage while others can't return the favour.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jinchuu wrote: »

If you're bad enough to ge pushed back and spawncamped then you deserve it, you should not be allowed to do damage while others can't return the favour.

If you're bad enough to sit there and get sniped you deserve it. You should not expect to force range builds into melee combat with you.

Jokes aside, when *four* people in a premade stuff you back to your spawn and have aoe and burst lined up the second you land (often after taking fall damage), you have to get creative. It's not like you can't fire back and hit them with your own range to make them turtle so an ally can get the relic.
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭

So you're saying that an understrength team that is pushed back to their spawn has to jump down and provide "tribute" to their full strength opponents. That is just going to lead to /sitchair up in the spawn.

For deathmatch, doing damage from you spawn point is entirely acceptabe. You could even say that if you pushed someone back to their spawn point and died to them doing damage from their spawn, you deserved it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"How dare your team of three not continue to jump down into the aoe our teams of 4 have laid down. It's your duty to throw yourselves into our damage and feed us points"

That's what you're saying right? Because that's what I hear. If you push a team to their spawn points you will take ranged damage from them. To avoid it, pull back. They will eventually jump down and you can kill them again. Seems fair.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've killed plenty of people in their spawn who were attacking me from their spawn.

Maybe roll with some ranged players instead of everyone being "spin to win" + Dawnbreaker?

My only issue with spawn attacks is the Quarry where the relic in my opinion should really be below (where the Sigil used to spawn).
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I se a lot of baddies who get pushed back to their spawn point trying their hardest to come up with excuses, put that energy towards getting better and that will stop happening.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would make the problem with spawn camping worse. Makes sense for some style matches but not all like relic flag and chaos ball no reason to stay in spawn area, but with the camping in death matches would make it wore
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only an issue in chaosball
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just change the spawn area to the same mechanics that the spawn areas in IC follow. Not able to cast any harmful spells while standing in it.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should work same way as invulnerability in IC(at district alliance spawn zone near sewers entrance): when you at safe zone you immune to damage and unable to use any skill.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very common for ranged players to pick people off or cover ball carriers from safety of the starting area. Either they should not be allowed to attack from there or maybe they are pushed or teleported off once they attack.

Should make it like the doors ways in Imperial City ... You get a buff and a debuff that stops you doing and taking damage

Think it's called invulnerability
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you think they would of thought of this idea? They already have the feature in pre-existing content so it's unlikely they overlooked adding this. Being able to attack from the spawn is clearly intentional, and it's a good thing because it creates a better balance between good and bad players. It prevents one team from farming another at their spawn. A coordinated group would be able to just stand at the spawn of a lesser team and just run them over as they are forced to drop down. This better group are still able to back off from the lesser's spawn and then move in to wipe them but at least the lesser team were given a chance to land without being instagibbed by an unloading of dawnbreakers and sub assaults. The lesser team are still going to be annoyed but they'd never play PvP again if they had to be humiliatingly farmed time and time again.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it like IC and the players in their spawn are going to just stay in their spawn and do emotes. Then they will likely leave and the match will be nullified wasting everyone's time.

The current system allows them to put out some damage so there is still hope they can rack up some points or steal a kill. This logic is the reason they don't quit right away.

That and most PvP players don't want the penalty.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disagree. This prevents spawn camping.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you scary to play pvp - dont q for bg than, go to cyro and join zerg.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that you can't spawn-camp PuGs with your pre-made. Oh wait, no I'm not actually *shrug*
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against being able to attack from safe spot in deathmatch since it little helps against spawn camping and it is pointless on land grab.

In other modes it is a problem and close to an exploit:

If you have someone who can range interrupt in a safe spot in capture the relic, it is a big problem(Does not work on all maps). On the fog map it is really bad. On person on top can stop every without problems and only range attackers can deal damage to him.

Also for Chaos ball it can be bad that a healer on top can not really be damaged.(Works on all maps)

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, never understood this. Sniping from spawn....