The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where'd Alessia bridge go??

Nermy
Nermy
✭✭✭✭✭
No one talking about the new map??

2018-09-01_6.png
Edited by Nermy on September 1, 2018 9:37AM
@Nermy
Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of troll potential with this change xD
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I see a lot of troll potential with this change xD

Happy days! :smiling_imp:
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the deal with the gates and bridges. Are the road gates impassable to all traffic until someone knocks them down? Are the bridges impassable until the gates are breached, or can you actually drop the bridge? Did the say?

I missed all this stuff. 4pm PDT way past my bed time.
    PC EU
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RaddlemanNumber7
    https://youtu.be/_LCwT-DvdC0

Eso stuff starts at 1:54:15
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RaddlemanNumber7

Eso stuff starts at 1:54:15

Awesome! Thanks for that :)
    PC EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love what isee

Finally some love
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map changes are interesting, but frankly won't do us any good if ZOS can't fix the persistent performance issues with Cyrodiil.

I mean, woohoo I get to fight in new places...and crash...and lag...and see new bugs.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map changes are interesting, but frankly won't do us any good if ZOS can't fix the persistent performance issues with Cyrodiil.

I mean, woohoo I get to fight in new places...and crash...and lag...and see new bugs.

Pretty much my thoughts, as well.

“Oh, this will be fun to try out except that I’ll never be able to.”

See you guys in BGs.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On that score, they claim to still be working on it. The words that they used make it sound like they are still looking for concrete causes because the problems only happen under high loads and are hard to capture. That does not sound encouraging, frankly.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct.

Though I do appreciate the sentiment after 4 1/2 years, something was actually added to cyrodiil to at least get us to try to fight outside the emp ring.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell us (who can't watch the video) what the change is?
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the deal with the gates and bridges. Are the road gates impassable to all traffic until someone knocks them down? Are the bridges impassable until the gates are breached, or can you actually drop the bridge? Did the say?

I missed all this stuff. 4pm PDT way past my bed time.

Bridges and gates will be normally passible but now You can completly destroy them with use of siege weapons same as You can repair them. They also added goat passes so even if gates and bridges are destroyed You can find the way around.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭

Exactly :(
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My toughts exactly. At this point new exciting stuff is completely overshadowed by the fact that cyrodiil DOES.NOT.WORK Fix the performance first and foremost.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can drop the 3 big bridges over the Niben. They don't actually say if mile gates become impassable when destroyed but, judging from that big black cross on one of the icons on the map, I'd guess they do.

In the high population campaigns I can see the gates, bridges and goat tracks sometimes becoming the focus of long stalemated confrontations, but they're not going to give offensive/defensive AP ticks. No siege limits there tho, so everyone can join in the never-ending artillery exchange.

I also foresee lots of time spent riding around trying to find a way to advance that isn't blocked.

To some extent I think it's going to keep the alliances apart from each other. It could actually mean less time spent in close-quarter fighting, more time riding around and firing siege.

No doubt it's going to change things, but at first sight it doesn't look to me like it's going to make AvAvA more fun or more rewarding.

The only bit that does look like fun is that Lunar Fang goat bridge. It's steep, narrow and with no hand rails, and there's slaughterfish in them thar waters.

I think the new outposts will mostly be ignored because they are totally isolated. Unless capturing them figures in a high reward quest.

The three flag towns are now linked to the transport network. This makes them even more of a PvP objective than before, which in turn means their daily quests become even more difficult during peaktime play hours. Some Chorrol quests go through one of the mile gates, and might become impossible to complete if the gate is blocked or under attack.
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Can someone tell us (who can't watch the video) what the change is?

Bridges across the river and the gates between the alliances (see map) can be destroyed and repaired. Due to Cropsford, they added new Outposts.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should also make the transit system dependent on the gates\bridges being in good repair.

For the majority of the time, these things will be destroyed (AD has always wanted to blow up the bridge) and the choke points move to the paths and tunnels.

They should also change the rules for:
    1. Obtaining emperor: to include the 'AP bonus ' outer Keeps.
    2. Losing emperor: by losing control of 4 of the 6 ring keeps and/or the 2 home ring Keeps.

Also, slightly amusing (after all this time) EP gets 'dinged' slightly as they have a town (Cropsford) 'forward' and AD & DC will have an outpost in forward positions.
    Dae - TM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like a bridge or 2 in stead of a gate on DC side. Likely mostly cosmetic to match terrain but the variety would be nice.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having recently commented that Cyrodiil hadn’t changed on iota since I quit 3 years ago, some new map elements are welcome imo. I just hope the additions aren’t rushed, postern bug is fixed by then, and no new bugs or imbalance are introduced alongside the changes.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already see something that needs to be addressed. SCROLLS.

If we will be able to destroy bridges & mile gates that will make retrieving & steeling scrolls significantly more difficult.

If you are unaware - scrolls are almost only taken / stolen during night or morning (night / morning cap) - when the population is low and there is almost 0 resistance.

What if. Just what if - the night / morning capping alliance will PvDoor the scrolls and then destroy all the bridges & gates leading to their territory ? It will make retaking the scrolls almost impossible and if something - it will take MUCH more time & effort to get them back. And seeing how scrolls were changed to give A LOT MORE points (20 for each own scroll & 10 for the every other stolen one) - it will be only a "buff" for night / morning PvDoor.... it is the last thing PvP needs... So please take this in to consideration.

Of course - making more stuff destroyable is a good thing - but it is a game changer - and a big one. So it will have a lot of consequences.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already see something that needs to be addressed. SCROLLS.

If we will be able to destroy bridges & mile gates that will make retrieving & steeling scrolls significantly more difficult.

If you are unaware - scrolls are almost only taken / stolen during night or morning (night / morning cap) - when the population is low and there is almost 0 resistance.

What if. Just what if - the night / morning capping alliance will PvDoor the scrolls and then destroy all the bridges & gates leading to their territory ? It will make retaking the scrolls almost impossible and if something - it will take MUCH more time & effort to get them back. And seeing how scrolls were changed to give A LOT MORE points (20 for each own scroll & 10 for the every other stolen one) - it will be only a "buff" for night / morning PvDoor.... it is the last thing PvP needs... So please take this in to consideration.

Of course - making more stuff destroyable is a good thing - but it is a game changer - and a big one. So it will have a lot of consequences.

They said there are goat paths to get through. Looks like they are a bit riskier by being more of a choke point but still a way through.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “Dude, where’s my bridge?”

“Where’s your bridge dude?”
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link but it's very low i can't even hear it hardly think they needed to turn the volume up when they recorded it
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can drop the 3 big bridges over the Niben. They don't actually say if mile gates become impassable when destroyed but, judging from that big black cross on one of the icons on the map, I'd guess they do.

In the high population campaigns I can see the gates, bridges and goat tracks sometimes becoming the focus of long stalemated confrontations, but they're not going to give offensive/defensive AP ticks. No siege limits there tho, so everyone can join in the never-ending artillery exchange.

I also foresee lots of time spent riding around trying to find a way to advance that isn't blocked.

To some extent I think it's going to keep the alliances apart from each other. It could actually mean less time spent in close-quarter fighting, more time riding around and firing siege.

No doubt it's going to change things, but at first sight it doesn't look to me like it's going to make AvAvA more fun or more rewarding.

The only bit that does look like fun is that Lunar Fang goat bridge. It's steep, narrow and with no hand rails, and there's slaughterfish in them thar waters.

I think the new outposts will mostly be ignored because they are totally isolated. Unless capturing them figures in a high reward quest.

The three flag towns are now linked to the transport network. This makes them even more of a PvP objective than before, which in turn means their daily quests become even more difficult during peaktime play hours. Some Chorrol quests go through one of the mile gates, and might become impossible to complete if the gate is blocked or under attack.

great post, thanks for the info :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place