The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Stupid High Health Recovery Build" Will it work?

RighteousBacon
RighteousBacon
✭✭✭✭
I recently thought up this health recovery build for a stam dk (made a magdk version too). In general the stats look nice: 6k health recov with troll king proc, 40k health, 9k-13k stam and magicka respectively.

What do you guys think? Is it viable? I'm usually a damage oriented player in pvp, but I thought I'd try making a fun troll build. I'm not concerned with killing people on this build honestly.

Here's the link to the build creator data sheet.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=84254

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery troll builds had a brief hey-day when BGs first launched, so the devs toned down some of those sets and buffed defile to help deal with it. I'd be very interested in finding out if its still viable and fun.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery in general will be better now that some defile sets and reverb have been nerfed.
    Edited by Jjitsuboy98 on September 1, 2018 12:19AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Where's the "nCP don't have tanks" crowd now?

I want to see a video of this in action.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What will you do outside a 1v1? Other than health regen and HP your stats are a joke. You won't survive light + multi-dawnbreaker that will even happen in BGs lol...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Build is awful, will have terrible heals and can’t sustain at all. 13k stam is nothing
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    As a heavy armor Stam NB, yes it works well, I can't hit 6k health regen in non CP, but I can hit close to 5k. With a health pot and gold food. And it does work well just remember if you have three curses on and a guy attacking it means nothing, as it should.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Build is awful

You seem to have overlooked the part where I mentioned with was a troll build
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    And it does work well just remember if you have three curses on and a guy attacking it means nothing, as it should.

Yah I gotcha, I’m not expecting to make a new meta or anything. Just wanted to see how much I could push the limits of health recovery and still be able to debuff some kids while some random Zerg does the damage.

I hate zerging but this is pretty much a Zerg tank sort of support build
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    You’ll still die & wont kill anyone at all, so why?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were some Health Regen builds 2 years ago

It's far from META nowadays
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently thought up this health recovery build for a stam dk (made a magdk version too). In general the stats look nice: 6k health recov with troll king proc, 40k health, 9k-13k stam and magicka respectively.

What do you guys think? Is it viable? I'm usually a damage oriented player in pvp, but I thought I'd try making a fun troll build. I'm not concerned with killing people on this build honestly.

Here's the link to the build creator data sheet.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=84254

Tk, permafrost and orgnum....11k health recovery... you're welcome.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Build is awful

You seem to have overlooked the part where I mentioned with was a troll build

Who you trolling, yourself? Lol you'll kill nothing and 2 people will easily destroy you... let alone once you get three people on you ..... not a good tank build.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read what you said man, but with “9-13k stam and magika” you can break free and then cast 3 magika skill and 2 stamina skill before being out of resources, then you just die. That’s if you don’t block. If you cast igneous 3x you might get 3 stam skills.

6k health regen is a lot but if you can’t mitigate any damage or add any real healing then you can’t really stay alive with just 3k health per second, you’d die before or during the second CC, less than 30 seconds against even just a single opponent under best circumstances.

Your vigor tooltip is gonna be less than 800 per second. If someone can do 10k dps(they can because you can’t mitigate or make them defend), then you’ll die in 10 seconds
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 1, 2018 4:33AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ok. I messed around with an orgnum/tk/fury Stam dk.

Problem I found was that there are two seconds between each health recovery tick, but the hr doesn’t activate unless I get below 50% anyway... so too often I would get burst down in that window if I was fighting too many high dps builds... and i didn’t have enough dmg to kill most competent solo players...

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Problem I found was that there are two seconds between each health recovery tick, but the hr doesn’t activate unless I get below 50% anyway... so too often I would get burst down in that window if I was fighting too many high dps builds... and i didn’t have enough dmg to kill most competent solo players...

Pretty much this. I feel like building for health recovery via other means and having troll king for the oh *** moment is the best way to go.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This was my experience the last few days trying a health regen build too.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

This was my experience the last few days trying a health regen build too.

My health regen tank works pretty well
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    My nb test build is running 5k hp recovery with 5.5k weapon dmg fully buffed with around 1.3 mag rec to cloak alot.

The only downside is the 27k stam pool.

Run that with health lingering pots and they need a insane burst to kill you :)

Cloak + High health recovery is a tanky combo
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's an annoying DK on Xbox NA that runs a 10k health recovery build in BGs (probably less in no-CP).

He eventually dies but it takes forever especially with him using Meditate. It's effective in Flag Games and Land Grab but he doesn't help one bit in Deathmatch.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I find someone with more than 40k HP, I simply ignore him. It's a waste of time, simple as that. I can kill 10 in the same time it would take me to kill that guy, if I ever kill him.

Most of this unkillables who usually have 50k+ HP have a fun time for a week or two before everyone knows they do zero damage and are unkillable, so waste of time and avoid. Simply walk around them. Yes... Walk, they won't hurt you.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    When I find someone with more than 40k HP, I simply ignore him. It's a waste of time, simple as that. I can kill 10 in the same time it would take me to kill that guy, if I ever kill him.

Most of this unkillables who usually have 50k+ HP have a fun time for a week or two before everyone knows they do zero damage and are unkillable, so waste of time and avoid. Simply walk around them. Yes... Walk, they won't hurt you.

I do the same thing lol. It’s just like if you get in a dual with another player and realize neither of you will win. Just gotta go your separate ways and look for a less evenly matched fight. I’d honestly fight 5 eh players than 1 good one lol
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    When I find someone with more than 40k HP, I simply ignore him. It's a waste of time, simple as that.
    Not in my experience. They must still have a good build and be competent playing a PvP tank. If they are wearing this because they are new to PvP, they usually don't survive. Such builds tend to be vulnerable to stamina pressure builds, because many can't heal properly without Absorb Magic.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've looked over your build. Since you asked straight up, "Will it work", I'd have concerns. Mainly because of the lack of sustain. The question is, what do you want to do, though? Frustrate a glass cannon NB in a 1v1, or tank multipe players for as long as possible? I would lose any pretense of doing damage and make it a complete tank / troll build. Doing half-decent damage AND being a troll is IMO only possible with warden, using Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards (not sure about next patch though).

I've modified the build (quite a lot). This is completely untested, of course:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=91345

Don't use regular healing skills. Vigor and Rally will be useless in a health build. Use Absorb Magic and Green Dragon Blood, because they scale with health.

There is a general question with choosing Beekeeper + Green Pact + 64 points into health. Is it a high health build, or is it a health regen build? If you truly want to focus on the high health, you could go vampire and take advantage of Invigorating Drain. Meaning you'd choose other sets that give you more health, such as Plague Doctor + Warrior Poet. On the other hand, if it's a health regen build, you don't necessarily need the high health to go with that. That said, I've stuck with the high health scheme for this attempt.

Since I made so many changes, let me give you the reasons:
    • Nord gives you more tankiness and the same health regen passive as Orc.
    • A health enchant on the shield boosts the health-based heals on that bar.
    • I tend to go with Sturdy shields as a matter of principle.
    • I am suggesting this will be a blocking build. This means low stam regen + half-decent mag regen.
    • Get stamina from Igneous, follow it with Dragon Blood or Absorb Magic. I think the Igneous shield is significant, therefore the better morph.
    • Heroic slash for the maim and ulti gen, now and again. Weakening enchant for further maim.
    • Prismatic enchants, since you need magicka and stamina, and you simply get more stats that way.
    • Let's not pretend a damage dealing ulti would work. Shield Discipline lets you spam Absorb Magic to heal. Light's Champion heals / grants you Major Protection. Take your pick.
    • Need Absorb Magic as a health-based heal.
    • Resto staff lets you restore magicka.
    • Structured Entropy to stack health and get better heals.
    • Hardened Armor, not Spiked, since we aren't trying to do damage.
    • Deep Thoughts is too hard to pass up in this type of build, I feel. Used to get stam and mag, not so much health.
    • Time Freeze will just hard CC everyone where you are standing. Fossilize is the other option, 1v1, as the two stage CC buys you time.
    • In my experience both Wings and Talons would be too expensive to run in this type of build, and you have Maim already covered by Heroic Slash. I put Wings on the backbar anyway, as I could not think of anything else.

So I've dropped almost all the skills from your build. Vigor and Rally, because I don't think they'll work in a health build. Reverb Bash in favor of Time Freeze. Pierce Armor, Venomous Claw, and the Ultis, because we're not trying to do damage. Talons, because it is expensive and people just roll out of it or are immune (Forward Momentum).

One caveat: You'd have to check whether Citrus Fillet actually activates Green Pact.
    Edited by fred4 on October 11, 2018 3:08PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Bp1yVfT.jpg
    This is in Battlegrounds, so no help from CP, and all epic. As a stamblade since beta, fooling around with this is hilarious :D
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's tempting to try to follow as much as possible the setup @fred4 explained so thoroughly, for a max health BG build (50K?), with an Imperial DK as a starting point.

Does anything need to be changed due to the recent patches, and potentially the coming Elsweyr?

Edit: typo
    Edited by Spearpoint on April 17, 2019 12:12PM
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just by running troll king, going a certain class, and using arteum you can get up to 4k and spec full damage....
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    4 k hp regen is like 2 k hp per second. Like vigor with normal attack build.

Just for example with master weapon i get bleed for 1000dps per second on me.
    With 2 bleads and 1 poison on me it is like zero recovery. So may be you will not diy becouse of 1 player but even with 10 k regen 2 players easely kill you.

Thouse player will have damage 2-3 times better than you, and will heal from just vigor for 2000+ hp per second or more. Like your 4000 hp regen.

It is not bad, but not perfect. If you do no damage = you always are dead.

So hp regen can be like part of your gameplay, but you need do damage, so you will need resources and high attack or some proc sets.

I play in style like that - but there are problems with good players. I can kill 1 on 1 and can by killed. If you do not kill 1 on 1 - than enemy runaway, or his friend comes and 2 on you 1 you will be dead. If 2 on 1 and no dmg from you - they just focus dd first and than kill you.

So it is possible to use hp regen, but with no dps you always fail.

It is good against low skill players and to run around stones. People will hate you for that :) but no other stuff.
    Edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on April 17, 2019 12:44PM
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    See the different type but same idea as this. There are nb in vivik - like 60 k+ hp. Full tank. He do no damage at all, but have a good heal from % hp. For example 24% by 3 seconds like 8 in second.

8% from 60 000 is 4800. The same like 10 000 hp regen, but ton of hp.

I can not kill it by my own. I can hard hit him but he start run + meditation. So vaste of time. He can not kill me even if i go to make some tea.

But 2 of us i and my girl have enough damage to kill him. If he will not run around stone on some clear ground. But i do not think that even 3 like him will kil one of us :)
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half a year old necro. Not bad.

At least in Elsweyr people can be in game necromancers in addition to on the forums.
    Edited by Corpier on April 17, 2019 1:22PM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting build nonetheless. I’d focus more on disruption if I were playing that spec. Include leap and talons for sure. Maybe switch out troll king for blood spawn and add the barrier that gives ultimate, IDK without trying the spec.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 19, 2019 9:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten