The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sets that change abilities

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
How would you feel if zos added sets that changed how certain abilities or morphs function, and Im not talking about just damage boosting weapons like vma or vdsa. Like for example changing templar jabs to do 1/2 of the animation for triple the damage, or have dragon knight dragonblood heal allies for their missing health, or sorc dark deal to be instant and give resource over time... idk you tell me what you eould want to see in a set

Sets that change abilities 32 votes

Yes (and why)
34%
hedna123b14_ESObinhoLutallokylewwefanAnkael07TheStealthDudeLasinagolWrathOfInnosJobooAGSRaptorRodeoGodFinviuswe 11 votes
Yes for class abilities (and why)
12%
ElsterchenStrider__RoshinTasearLichbourne90 4 votes
Yes for weapon abilities (and why)
3%
Sarevok_Anchev 1 vote
Yes for guild abilities (and why)
3%
Somewhere 1 vote
No (and why)
34%
KatahdinBohnTjeedrzejSacredxJierdaniteso_nyaRamberBooPerScOOperMuSE_nr1Freddycruz89Starlock 11 votes
Other
12%
EnkilXvorgNaughty_RyderMashmalloMan 4 votes
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Less sets, simpler game, less lag.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I think it would add a great dynamic to classes and a way to leave certain things as is. It would also add build diversity and create more spammers...
    Great idea
    Also creates useless gear for people who only play one class and engenders more nerfs and balance issues...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes for guild abilities (and why)
    I don't think a set for weapon abilities is required, since we have master, maelstrom, and asylum already. Maelstrom was in 2015 and asylum in 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get another weapon for the 4th set of abilities this year or next. I would like to see maybe a 3-pc jewelry set that alters some of the guild abilities.
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    No (and why)
    It sounds fun, but there are several issues ZOS needs to wrap up as far as balance goes and adding another layer to the already existing issues would not end well. If they get all this over/under powered sets, skills and classes to a healthy balance then what you are proposing would be awesome.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Yes, these could be fun. I figure we have 3 more weapon skill weapons coming, then they can move on to class skills or possibly guild or alliance skills.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Seems interesting, however I'd rather have just a 3rd morph or a specialization perk system to augment abilities. It would make toons a bit more unique. Passives with morphs essentially that augment skills the same way you mentioned.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Similar to what Diablo has done for all these years. 5 set pieces specific to skills/skill lines.

Make better conditions for proc sets too like Diablo. Instead of “on light attack/crit/direct damage”. Make the input more difficult so proc set gameplay is rewarding.

In short, copy Diablo. You took their Transmute/Transmog idea, why not take more!
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’d prefer a 3rd morph option rather than tying skills to sets. Way too many variables to go wrong there.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Yes, good idea because this increases the complexity of the game which makes it better.

The best argument in favour of cp pvp is that the cp factor increases the amount of customization available, thus making the mode more enjoyable.

From that angle, that might be true.

I would be in favor of something like this in limited quantities, after it had been tested.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something that alters class ults would be interesting. Like making Soul Harvest a range ult, or have Incap set opponents off-balance.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    I’d prefer a 3rd morph option rather than tying skills to sets. Way too many variables to go wrong there.

Also a good idea
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be a great way to allow fine-tuning of role-sterotypes. Balancing is going to be hard, tho.

Yet,with only 2-3 sets in each armortype per update, its going to take very long till the set i want pops up.

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (and why)
    I'm thinking that would be rather difficult to program and implement. More importantly, a set that has such a narrow scope of effect would be a hard sell, even for me as someone who focuses on character concept. I'd rather see some adjustments to existing sets I'd like to use, but just can't because they work so poorly in practice (e.g., morkuldin, overwhelming surge).
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    No (and why)
    It's a nice idea in theory. In practice a set bonus that has a major effect on a class ability would be impossible to implement. There is no way to balance the effect across all classes. And if you create a set for each class there is not way to balance those sets in a fair way. This is why we generally have sets that provide equal bonuses for all classes.

You could do it, and it has been done already, for common abilities (non class abilities).
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc