The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did Tamriel Unlimited purchasers get ripped off???

rahlforge
rahlforge
Soul Shriven
I have loved Elder Scrolls games since I was a kid, and this game is no exception. Being able to experience the world of Tamriel is amazing, but then why do I have this sour taste in my mouth?

I just came back from a long hiatus due to the birth of twin boys, to find they added Vvardenfell via the Morrowind DLC...awesome! I can return to my favorite area of Tamriel, because I have Unlimited, right???

Wrong. Very, very wrong. Not only is my Tamriel Unlimited now...well, limited...now my options for even GETTING Morrowind have apparently been hamstrung, as well!

So here's where my frustration begins...I bought what I essentially believed was the base game. Cool. Well now the base game comes standard with Morrowind at the same price I originally bought the base game for. Wait, but that means I should get Morrowind, right? Nope. I still have to buy it separately, and here are my options:

Pay about $30 for enough Crowns to buy it from the Crown store.
Buy the base game AGAIN for $20 (hey, didn't I do that with TU?).
Buy a hard copy of the expansion from Amazon (about $13).

So basically, the most cost-effective option requires me to purchase from an outside source and wait for it to be delivered. I feel like Tamriel Unlimited purchasers got Horse Armored, here. I already bought the base game, and you're now selling the base game packaged with the expansion, but I still have to buy the expansion for more money than it would cost me to just buy the base game AGAIN??? WHAT GIVES???

I have three kids. Game purchases are a rare thing for me, so I am very careful about how and when I buy them, and this, to me, is just an unconscionable way to treat your subscribers. Guess I don't get to go back to Vvardenfell after all...oh, well. Time to crack out my old copy of Morrowind: GOTY, I guess...

[edited title for offensive term]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 31, 2018 2:27PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rahlforge wrote: »
    I just came back from a long hiatus due to the birth of twin boys, to find they added Vvardenfell via the Morrowind DLC...awesome! I can return to my favorite area of Tamriel, because I have Unlimited, right???
    Actually, I'll have to give you a bit of more bad news, but it'll help you understand.

Morrowind and Summerset aren't DLC. They're called "Chapters", and initially, are not part of the ESO+ access to DLC.

When Summerset was released, Morrowind was downgraded as DLC, but still called a chapter, because ESO+ members can access it at no charge, but other players will be required to pay for the extension.

For a brief stint, and your timing really sucks to come back, pre-orders of Summerset also included Morrowind, so this would have split the cost of both to $15.

I don't know your financial situation, but the best solution to this is none of the above. Instead, become an ESO+ member. This unlocks all the DLC + Morrowind (but not Summerset, separate purchase) as well as the craft bag (which may not have been around before you left).

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll even sweeten the news: if you're on XBox NA, send me a message with your gamertag, and I'll gift you Morrowind when I get home this evening.

Consider it a gift for the twins, as I know you'll have your hands tied raising them, leaving you little time to play in your favorite area.
    :smile:

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new version of Tamriel Unlimited comes with Morrowind, and since there was never any promise that Tamriel Unlimited was going to be updated, you didn't get cheated. Next year, Summerset zone will probably be added too, so you might keep that in mind. The point is so that completely new players don't have to buy the game, DLC and 2 Chapters in one fell swoop to be caught up.

Now, ESO+ subscribers who were told that Morrowind is a Chapter so you have to buy it for cash because its totally not several DLC crammed together only to later see that Morrowind Chapter actually was a DLC+base game update+upgrade...yeah, they have something to complain about. And they did complain when ZOS announced that.

But the general feeling I've got about the whole thing is this: yeah, ZOS did a shady thing by switching up its marketing scheme without warning. Those of us who complained about the "Chapter" being glorified DLC sold for cash were right. But honestly, I wasn't going to wait a year to get Morrowind as a DLC. I'm not going to wait a year to get Summerset as a DLC. So, practically speaking, what's the point of getting too upset?

If you want to wait, I suggest you wait til next year when Summerset likely gets added to Tamriel Unlimited as well.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys... do you know that Tamriel Unlimited is discontinued? Now it's just The Elder Scrolls Online and it includes Morrowind. You cannot buy Tamriel Unlimited on official site. You buy from other resellers - it's your problem.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have loved Elder Scrolls games since I was a kid, and this game is no exception. Being able to experience the world of Tamriel is amazing, but then why do I have this sour taste in my mouth?

Wrong. Very, very wrong. Not only is my Tamriel Unlimited now...well, limited...now my options for even GETTING Morrowind have apparently been hamstrung, as well!

So here's where my frustration begins...I bought what I essentially believed was the base game. Cool. Well now the base game comes standard with Morrowind at the same price I originally bought the base game for. Wait, but that means I should get Morrowind, right? Nope. I still have to buy it separately, and here are my options:

So basically, the most cost-effective option requires me to purchase from an outside source and wait for it to be delivered. I feel like Tamriel Unlimited purchasers got Horse Armored, here. I already bought the base game, and you're now selling the base game packaged with the expansion, but I still have to buy the expansion for more money than it would cost me to just buy the base game AGAIN??? WHAT GIVES???

I have three kids. Game purchases are a rare thing for me, so I am very careful about how and when I buy them, and this, to me, is just an unconscionable way to treat your subscribers. Guess I don't get to go back to Vvardenfell after all...oh, well. Time to crack out my old copy of Morrowind: GOTY, I guess...

is eso your first MMO?

ESO is an mmo, when you buy the base game that is it. As mmo age expansion packs are added that need to be bought. This has been a thing since the early 90s. As the game ages, more so the MMO they tend to pack the game+ expac as new expacs get added. You claim to be on a long break because of the kids. (good parent btw) but no you have to buy the expac. You don't have to buy the game again, just the expac.

best bet is just to pay 2 moths of sub, and get morrowind, that's 30 right there. that way you get the expac, and the sub perks.

Trust me, i'm an MMO vet his is 100% normal and in no way is horse armor from oblivion.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    Guys... do you know that Tamriel Unlimited is discontinued? Now it's just The Elder Scrolls Online and it includes Morrowind. You cannot buy Tamriel Unlimited on official site. You buy from other resellers - it's your problem.
    *looks at Amazon.

There's a problem, but it's not the the buyer.

• Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new version of Tamriel Unlimited comes with Morrowind, and since there was never any promise that Tamriel Unlimited was going to be updated, you didn't get cheated. Next year, Summerset zone will probably be added too, so you might keep that in mind. The point is so that completely new players don't have to buy the game, DLC and 2 Chapters in one fell swoop to be caught up.

Now, ESO+ subscribers who were told that Morrowind is a Chapter so you have to buy it for cash because its totally not several DLC crammed together only to later see that Morrowind Chapter actually was a DLC+base game update+upgrade...yeah, they have something to complain about. And they did complain when ZOS announced that.

But the general feeling I've got about the whole thing is this: yeah, ZOS did a shady thing by switching up its marketing scheme without warning. Those of us who complained about the "Chapter" being glorified DLC sold for cash were right. But honestly, I wasn't going to wait a year to get Morrowind as a DLC. I'm not going to wait a year to get Summerset as a DLC. So, practically speaking, what's the point of getting too upset?

If you want to wait, I suggest you wait til next year when Summerset likely gets added to Tamriel Unlimited as well.

most ppl play eso as their first MMO, so they don't understand the "chapter" is an expansion pack, not dlc. MMO never had dlc, till the dlc craze of the ps3 and 360.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

most ppl play eso as their first MMO, so they don't understand the "chapter" is an expansion pack, not dlc. MMO never had dlc, till the dlc craze of the ps3 and 360.

This is not true. MMOs have had "DLC" before. Just not called DLC.

DDO for example had "Adventure Packs" which are the same thing and DDO came out nearly a full year before the PS3
    Edited by Valrien on August 30, 2018 11:51AM
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is my first MMO, and I didn't have a problem figuring out that Morrowind Chapter was several DLC being crammed together and called a Chapter and sold for cash so they didn't have to give Morrowind zone, Battlegrounds, and the Warden to ESO+ members for free.

A year later, suddenly, it turns out that Morrowind zone was a DLC after all.

My issue isn't with the idea of expansion packs. I bought Morrowind chapter after all. My issue is that all of us who pointed out that ZOS' new Chapter thing was just selling DLC+extras to get around having to give it to ESO+ members for free were right.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand OP is upset about having to by DLCs and blames it on Tamriel Unlimitred.

When Zos went to the B2P model it was clearly stated that the base game would not get any new content. New content would come via DLCs.

Access to DLCs since then has been via subscription or buying them via crowns (with the exception of the newer expansion model).

No where in there was it stated one would be able to get DLC access for free and if you can get it via a cheaper purchase from Amazon or elsewhere then that is great since every other DLC is pretty much crown store only.

BTW, if you buy crowns on sale then that lowers your cost for buying the DLC in the crown store. That is the pro tip of the day.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

he bought it a while ago. they said "i took a long break" after their his were born.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO is my first MMO, and I didn't have a problem figuring out that Morrowind Chapter was several DLC being crammed together and called a Chapter and sold for cash so they didn't have to give Morrowind zone, Battlegrounds, and the Warden to ESO+ members for free.

My issue isn't with the idea of expansion packs. I bought Morrowind chapter after all. My issue is that all of us who pointed out that ZOS' new Chapter thing was just selling DLC+extras to get around having to give it to ESO+ members for free were right.

Not how MMO work dude lol expansions are normal for MMO dlc is not. dlc and expansion packs are not the same thing. A dlc is a lesser type of microtransaction and expansion pack is bigger. It isn't "a bunch of dlc crammed in".

It is normal for MMO to downgrade or reduce the price of OLDER expacs. so you figured out nothing, do a bit of research of how MMO get updated before posting ignorance please.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

This is not true. MMOs have had "DLC" before. Just not called DLC.

DDO for example had "Adventure Packs" which are the same thing and DDO came out nearly a full year before the PS3

read me first post -_-
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

is eso your first MMO?

ESO is an mmo, when you buy the base game that is it. As mmo age expansion packs are added that need to be bought. This has been a thing since the early 90s. As the game ages, more so the MMO they tend to pack the game+ expac as new expacs get added. You claim to be on a long break because of the kids. (good parent btw) but no you have to buy the expac. You don't have to buy the game again, just the expac.

best bet is just to pay 2 moths of sub, and get morrowind, that's 30 right there. that way you get the expac, and the sub perks.

Trust me, i'm an MMO vet his is 100% normal and in no way is horse armor from oblivion.

My son wanted to play Word of Warcraft. I didn't even need to buy the game. I could just sub and have access to ALL THE EXPANSIONS except the latest one (Battle for Azeroth). No need to even buy the game or any old expansion. Just a sub 13 euro a month.
    Edited by Knootewoot on August 30, 2018 12:44PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

is eso your first MMO?

My son wanted to play Word of Warcraft. I didn't even need to buy the game. I could just sub and have access to ALL THE EXPANSIONS except the latest one (Battle for Azeroth). No need to even buy the game or any old expansion. Just a sub 13 euro a month.

and wow is a 15 year old MMO that came out in 2000s if you bought it when it originally came out you had to get each expac as it came out.

Again that is normal for games to drop in price as they age. WoW also added a plex system like eve online has. ff14 still has you buy the game, and each expac as it comes out, which is a newer mmo.

Do some research. You are acting a bit foolish.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.

Tamriel unlimited was about taking away the requirement to subscribe.

It wasn’t about opening up new lands to existing players, it was about opening up the base game to non-subscribers.

Quote from the site from back then:
    “The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has arrived for PC and Mac! For the first time ever, you can adventure in ESO without paying a game subscription. The entire original game and all six major content updates since launch (including the new Justice and Champion Systems) are just waiting for you to log in and enjoy. Rally your most trusted allies, take up your sword, and get ready to experience everything Tamriel has to offer with no restrictions!”

New justice system? Oh, they mean bounties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0c08A3vswQ
    Edited by Cryptical on August 30, 2018 1:01PM
    Xbox NA
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it come with a gimped Morrowind with no Warden class or anything?
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Well now the base game comes standard with Morrowind at the same price I originally bought the base game for. Wait, but that means I should get Morrowind, right? Nope..

Because you paid full price for something over a year ago now - you think you're entitled to expanded content since then because they've decided to make it a bundle deal AFTER your purchase?

That's not how business works. If you buy a hamburger this week, and there's a sale next week for 2 hamburgers for the price of 1, you aren't automatically entitled to the second hamburger because you paid the price last week... I mean come on... basic logic.

The people who come to the forums and moan about costs seem to go out of their way to believe silly things in order to generate outrage. I mean who on this planet, in any capitalistic society, would actually expect this? This isn't a standard anywhere in the world - so I have no idea why you thought that should "mean you get Morrowind." What a baseless assumption with 0 foundation anywhere to be seen.

You got the product you paid for at the time - just because an expanded and better offering is now available, doesn't entitle you to discounts on it or for the added content to be free to you because you bought portion of it previously.
    Edited by lagrue on August 30, 2018 1:23PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

is eso your first MMO?

and wow is a 15 year old MMO that came out in 2000s if you bought it when it originally came out you had to get each expac as it came out.

Again that is normal for games to drop in price as they age. WoW also added a plex system like eve online has. ff14 still has you buy the game, and each expac as it comes out, which is a newer mmo.

Every expansion was free if the next expansion was released as far as i can recall. So all you had to do was wait until the next expansion released, and the previous one would be part of the base game. That has been since the second expansion. I might be wronk though.
    Edited by Knootewoot on August 30, 2018 1:21PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly dropping £20 once a year for new content is hardly a nightmare for most budgets.

£60 for 3 years playing a hobby is about the cheapest one I've had.

And I only got MW for Battlegrounds, and SS for Psjics / JC not even the zone.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    Wait.

Tamriel unlimited was about taking away the requirement to subscribe.

It wasn’t about opening up new lands to existing players, it was about opening up the base game to non-subscribers.

Quote from the site from back then:
    “The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has arrived for PC and Mac! For the first time ever, you can adventure in ESO without paying a game subscription. The entire original game and all six major content updates since launch (including the new Justice and Champion Systems) are just waiting for you to log in and enjoy. Rally your most trusted allies, take up your sword, and get ready to experience everything Tamriel has to offer with no restrictions!”

New justice system? Oh, they mean bounties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0c08A3vswQ

But, but, but everything should be free and if I have to buy it I should get choose what price I’ll pay.

I do miss the days of subscription being required it eliminated posts like and I’ve found those willing to spend money to play the game are more likely to be interested in improving and putting the time in to do so. Not that all did or do.
    Edited by idk on August 30, 2018 1:27PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If I understand OP is upset about having to by DLCs and blames it on Tamriel Unlimitred.

When Zos went to the B2P model it was clearly stated that the base game would not get any new content. New content would come via DLCs.

Access to DLCs since then has been via subscription or buying them via crowns (with the exception of the newer expansion model).

No where in there was it stated one would be able to get DLC access for free and if you can get it via a cheaper purchase from Amazon or elsewhere then that is great since every other DLC is pretty much crown store only.

BTW, if you buy crowns on sale then that lowers your cost for buying the DLC in the crown store. That is the pro tip of the day.

Wolrd or warcraft has all their old expansions rolled into base purchase of the game. does that suddenly stop them from being expansions?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭

is eso your first MMO?

Every expansion was free if the next expansion was released as far as i can recall. So all you had to do was wait until the next expansion released, and the previous one would be part of the base game. That has been since the second expansion. I might be wronk though.

very wrong. all they did was drop the price. I played WoW 2 years, and ff11 for 8 years. ff14 for 5 years. (and a good 29 more mmo) all blizz did was lower the price or bundle it. I played WoW in 2006 i had to buy the base game, burning circle and wrath, then cata after. in ff11 i had to buy the base game and expacs when i switched from ps2 to 360.

in ff14 you have to buy the base game and first expac plus the new one. MMO adding the early expacs to bundles is normal doing a price drop is normal.

No company ever just hands you an expac for free, only reason you get morrowind free is they took out the warden class and made morrowind a dlc, with warden being a separate purchase. they down graded it because they bundled it.

again research into how MMO operate would be a good thing, you seem to be very clueless about it and are spreading misinformation.

I've been playing mmo since 2004, i have 30+ mmo under my belt from p2p and f2p. I'm well versed in how they operate.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people seem to be confusing Morrowind chapter with Morrowind DLC.

ESO+ only gives access to Morrowind DLC, not the Warden class.
    Morrowind chapter is the one that gives access to both the Morrowind DLC and the Warden class.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is eso your first MMO?

very wrong. all they did was drop the price. I played WoW 2 years, and ff11 for 8 years. ff14 for 5 years. (and a good 29 more mmo) all blizz did was lower the price or bundle it. I played WoW in 2006 i had to buy the base game, burning circle and wrath, then cata after. in ff11 i had to buy the base game and expacs when i switched from ps2 to 360.

in ff14 you have to buy the base game and first expac plus the new one. MMO adding the early expacs to bundles is normal doing a price drop is normal.

No company ever just hands you an expac for free, only reason you get morrowind free is they took out the warden class and made morrowind a dlc, with warden being a separate purchase. they down graded it because they bundled it.

again research into how MMO operate would be a good thing, you seem to be very clueless about it and are spreading misinformation.

I've been playing mmo since 2004, i have 30+ mmo under my belt from p2p and f2p. I'm well versed in how they operate.

no, they are rolled into base game and have been for at least half a decade now.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not how MMO work dude lol expansions are normal for MMO dlc is not. dlc and expansion packs are not the same thing. A dlc is a lesser type of microtransaction and expansion pack is bigger. It isn't "a bunch of dlc crammed in".

It is normal for MMO to downgrade or reduce the price of OLDER expacs. so you figured out nothing, do a bit of research of how MMO get updated before posting ignorance please.

I do appreciate you telling me that DLCs aren't normal for MMOs , when until Morrowind Chapter, DLC was indeed how ESO did updates.

So an expansion pack isn't just a bunch of DLC crammed together?

Then I guess Chapters aren't expansion packs because Morrowind Chapter turned out to be a DLC, a free base game upgrade, and a crown store upgrade all crammed together.

I don't have a problem with ZOS making it available later, necessarily. I'm just saying it was marketed as a "Chapter, totally not DLC, therefore ESO+ members have to pay cash" and then it turned out to be DLC + other stuff after all, like so many of us pointed out from the very beginning.

If ZOS wanted us to think of it as an expansion pack, they could have said so from the beginning. Instead, a year later with Summerset, they decided to treat Morrowind like it was an expansion pack which surprised everyone except for those of us who'd always said it was basically a DLC+other stuff bundled together so they could charge ESO+ members for it.

But frankly, I already had this argument when ZOS first broke up Morrowind Chapter, and I'm getting major deja vu. So unless you have anything new to add to the argument about how ZOS should have accurately marketed their plans for Chapters when they launched Morrowind as opposed to a year later with Summerset thus leaving people like the OP feeling confused and cheated, I'm going to let this be.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really simple. Subscribe and get access to all added playable content except the most recent expansion or pony up and buy the DLCs.

It’s realky that simple. As stated multiple times, Tamriel Unlimited was about giving us choices.

OP can make his. He seems to know the prices. He can subscribe if he chooses but his complaint is without merit.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of games in my Steam library I paid probably $30 for and got all the DLC along with them. I had to wait three years after they were released, but I got them for that price...

We should compare lists so that you can find which ones you bought for $60 on launch day with no DLC, and you can petition the publishers for a refund of sorts.

How would you feel if I told you I bought ESO with Morrowind DLC for only $10? (trollface) ;)
    Edited by qbit on August 30, 2018 3:02PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of DLC vs Chapter vs whatever...

Different editions of games are different. Just because you bought "Awesome Game" in 2016 or 17, doesn't mean that you're going to get any new stuff added to the 2018 edition.

(heck, I've run into that with other MMOs in the past, when they went f2p. If you could find old physical copies of their earlier editions for sale, you could still enter the old codes to get the old perks. It was nice to get the "if you were an owner before we went f2p" bonuses, even after the f2p switchover. Eventually the last codes are invalidated, but it takes years usually. )
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could try waiting until christmas time. I noticed last year they had good sales on.