The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any stamblades run DW/bow in pvp?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m curious if I will need rally as an extra heal. I made my stamblade with intentions to do PvE but I might enjoy doing some pvp with him as well. I was thinking master bow and master dual wield paired with 5/3/2 or 5/5 setup. Would this be inefficient in the current meta? I understand I would need to learn the build and become accustomed to the lack of rally, probably relying on cloak as a defensive measure more than normal. Just curious if any one is successful with this so I know if I’d be wasting my time or not. If you have success could you fill me in on your gear and stats so I have some reference to look into for the future?

Thanks in advance!
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more damage you avoid, the less healing you need. you're a nightblade? play with Shade.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you can get by without Rally, prolly will need Troll King tho.

It will be harder to survive without the burst heal in medium. In heavy you need 2h for Forward Momentum to cleanse snares
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 30, 2018 2:27AM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor >>> all.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more damage you avoid, the less healing you need. you're a nightblade? play with Shade.

Probably would be a smart way to keep up the Master Bow buff too. I’d just be worried about running out of Magicka from running fear and cloak. I’ll try it out though, probably would be loads of fun
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Yeah, you can get by without Rally, prolly will need Troll King tho.

It will be harder to survive without the burst heal in medium. In heavy you need 2h for Forward Momentum to cleanse snares

Yeah I kinda figured I’d be running troll king or bloodspawn since I’d be in medium. Troll king would probably be the better option
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Vigor >>> all.

Yeah I will have vigor slotted for sure!
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play DW/bow in pvp and have for a few years. Draining Shot is highly underrated. Its a great heal, however... i wouldn’t run fear because it will make targets CC immune and you want to ensure you can use Draining Shot when you need a heal.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I run DW/Bow on my melee stamblade - it's really fun too in this patch.

You don't need Troll King or any defensive set either; 2x Swift jewelry, Cloak & Shadow Image are all that's really necessary for survival imo and Deep Thoughts (Meditate morph) means you can just go full burst with set choices and don't need to worry about sustain.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

You don't need Troll King or any defensive set either; 2x Swift jewelry, Cloak & Shadow Image are all that's really necessary for survival imo and Deep Thoughts (Meditate morph) means you can just go full burst with set choices and don't need to worry about sustain.

What setup do you find most useful? I feel like i get blown up a lot easier since Summerset. My BGs k/d usually looks about even instead of a high positive now, sadly
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

What setup do you find most useful? I feel like i get blown up a lot easier since Summerset. My BGs k/d usually looks about even instead of a high positive now, sadly

I run 5x Sheer Venom 5x Sunderflame (DW bar), Master Bow off bar & 2x Balorgh - works well enough :p

Cloak->Heavy Attack+SA Stun into Incap spin2win is pretty brutal (especially with Balorgh) & I also run Manifestation of Terror with this build as it synergizes perfectly with Deep Thoughts (people get feared if they try to bash you) & a low sustain hit & run playstyle.

Probably gonna make a build video for this when I have time next week - this build is the most fun I've had on melee stamblade in a long, long time (and I haven't had one negative or even KDR in BGs with it yet).
    Edited by DDuke on August 30, 2018 5:18PM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run 5x Sheer Venom 5x Sunderflame (DW bar), Master Bow off bar & 2x Balorgh - works well enough :p

Cloak->Heavy Attack+SA Stun into Incap spin2win is pretty brutal (especially with Balorgh) & I also run Manifestation of Terror with this build as it synergizes perfectly with Deep Thoughts (people get feared if they try to bash you) & a low sustain hit & run playstyle.

Probably gonna make a build video for this when I have time next week - this build is the most fun I've had on melee stamblade in a long, long time (and I haven't had one negative or even KDR in BGs with it yet).

Saw you using this build on the non-cp campaign, how's your sustain there with these 2 sets?

ps: and you killed me :neutral:
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Saw you using this build on the non-cp campaign, how's your sustain there with these 2 sets?

ps: and you killed me :neutral:

Haha, sorry :D

I play this setup pretty much exclusively in Sotha & BGs due to set choices - proc sets aren't nearly as powerful in CP environment (especially Sunderflame, which doesn't even get scaled with Mighty as the proc is flame damage).

But yeah, sustain... tbh it's not really a problem at all with more of a heavy weave oriented playstyle and Deep Thoughts slotted.

Deep Thoughts = practically infinite magicka/stamina sustain when you use it correctly. Just two seconds channeling the skill more than refunds a cloak cost (while also returning 4k stamina & 2k'ish health), which you can then use to reposition/drop a fear trap & channel again and so on. Really amazing skill - I wouldn't play any NB build without it.
    Edited by DDuke on August 31, 2018 5:14PM