The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pets are jumping around, in and out of combat. NOT A LATENCY ISSUE

SergeantPink
SergeantPink
✭✭✭
This thread is now in bug reports located here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433096/pets-are-jumping-around-in-and-out-of-combat-not-a-latency-issue#latest

ZOS. Please take a look at this video. Since the recent update to pet speed, pets are jumping around in and out of combat.

It appears to be more common when you are in an instanced zone. Dungoeons, Delves, Imperial City, ect. It happens after combat, and sometimes while in combat. The last combat situation shows the issue most prominently.

This is not a latency issue, its new with the update. My latency should be shown on the bottom of the screen.

https://youtu.be/-5Lh8drYXH8
Edited by SergeantPink on August 31, 2018 4:26PM
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that I've seen this as well.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Elboron
    Elboron
    ✭✭
    Have seen this as well, with my sorcs pet.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My volatile familiar has an issue with occasionally deciding that it is done dpsing and just standing by me the whole fight. It will stay bugged like this, I call it vanity pet mode, until I despawn it by taking it off my bar and respawn it.

Of course, the typical issues of dying to boss mechanics that there is no way to have the pet avoid, not attacking the enemy you indicate with a full heavy, keeping taunted enemies from proceeding to tank, and stealing heals still remain.

I really wish all these sorc pets would cease to be spawned pets and become pet looking ability animations like many of the warden pet like abilities. The sorc pets are really no stronger than normal abilities (the volatile familiar is actually a rather weak DOT I am considering dropping it in favor of frags). There is no reason we should have to double bar them and deal with all these malfunctions that ZOS is clearly unable to remedy. I mean, it's been 4 years guys, and these significant problems remain.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, my Clannfear does the same, can confirm.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Yep, my Clannfear does the same, can confirm.

Non NB issues . Thread closed. Dont worry never fixed. Sorc issues are open bugs for very long time , probably more 1 years. Some exists from game created. Only players complain about it in forums. ZOs not even acknowledge sorc issues or bugs . Following issues never be fixed. You will not even get a response for ZOs. Instead you will get a nerf saying blah blah . Good luck .

1. Lighting staff heavy attacks never registered.
    2. Liquid lightening sometimes never fired. You will lose magicka.
    3. Pets will not attack the person you put daedric prey or heavy attack. It has its own priority.
    4. When pets die, you will need 3 seconds to cast and respawn it.
    5. Pets one shoted by boss mechanics or ultimate.

Instead on next patch sheilds will be nerfed to appease nightblades. Nightblades will decide what needs to fixed and whats not. Any stealth detection skills or utility, will be further nerfed and game will be released only all NBs skills worked and fixed. This game will die because of NB & DK bias. Your biggest mistake in ESO is not choosing an NB or DK.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on September 1, 2018 8:01AM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this as well, along with other issues with my pet since the new patch.

Also, this one i supper annoying....as it just throws your rotation out of whack.
    2. Liquid lightening sometimes never fired. You will lose magicka.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get response for this?
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get response for this?

No . ZOs not even acknowledged issue. You are expecting a response. Many bug are there for very long time.