The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden: War Machine or Relequen?

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What would be better, assuming non-perfected Relequen? I assume War Machine since the bear skill only costs 75 Ult?
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    What would be better, assuming non-perfected Relequen? I assume War Machine since the bear skill only costs 75 Ult?

I used War Machine with the velidreth+NMG/hundings etc, with great numbers what i don't remember rn, but i haven't tried relequen yet, but i would run War Machine cause its a support to other players and the bear is cheap hard hitting ult. As for stamden youll have to heavy attack 1 or 2 times on both blue and dub food.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JesQu wrote: »

I used War Machine with the velidreth+NMG/hundings etc, with great numbers what i don't remember rn, but i haven't tried relequen yet, but i would run War Machine cause its a support to other players and the bear is cheap hard hitting ult. As for stamden youll have to heavy attack 1 or 2 times on both blue and dub food.

I was thinking War Machine with either Ravaging or Advancing Yokeda and Velidreth or Selene
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Relequen is ridiculously strong. In all fights where it is relevant (i.e., where you are consistently light attacking the same target), it is the best base set to use.

The only different between imperfect/perfect is the max stamina bonus on the 5-piece. Imperfect will still easily get you 8-10k+ DPS *just from the 5-piece proc* in-raid and 5-7k+ DPS in a solo parse.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Relequen is ridiculously strong. In all fights where it is relevant (i.e., where you are consistently light attacking the same target), it is the best base set to use.

The only different between imperfect/perfect is the max stamina bonus on the 5-piece. Imperfect will still easily get you 8-10k+ DPS *just from the 5-piece proc* in-raid and 5-7k+ DPS in a solo parse.

And how much does War Machine add on average when using the 75 ult bear on CD?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get best results running both at the same time, despite the redundency of the 3 piece
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

And how much does War Machine add on average when using the 75 ult bear on CD?

Not that much. Otherwise Stamblades would be using War Machine instead of relequen, since the ulti they actually use in raid has the same 75 cost.

I'm not sure what the uptime is on a stamwarden, but at something like 60% Major Slayer uptime you're looking at a 9% damage increase on average, which combined additively with other percentage damage increases is probably 7.5% or so DPS increase, which is ~3k on a 40k parse and 4.5k on a 60k parse (in both cases, significantly less than Relequen).
    Edited by LiquidPony on August 28, 2018 7:13PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my testing War Machine was far inferior to Relequin for any single target fight. But so is everything right now, Relequen is significantly better for single target and its not close.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my testing War Machine was far inferior to Relequin for any single target fight. But so is everything right now, Relequen is significantly better for single target and its not close.

And this is dumb. Because no one cares about AOE. So this set on every Stam toon.