The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SUGGESTION] Harvesting maps

Negwereth
Negwereth
✭✭
Ok. So we have that great mod for PC, and a whole bunch of nothing for consoles. That's why I'm here.

Idea
This involves at least alchemy and enchanting as supporting skills. Let's imagine:

You have an Blacksmith Parchment Template and Chisel. When approaching ore node, you can harvest it or mark it on a template. When you first mark node in some zone, this very parchment becomes "bound" to zone and becomes "Harvester map",

This activity can be introduced with new passive in each crafting skill line, with a few tiers:
1. Allows you to mark nodes with 50% chance to destroy node;
2. Allows you to mark nodes with 25% chance to destroy node;
3. Displays an amount of marked/total nodes for zone;
4. Allows you to make routes using map;

Using map grants you permanent buff which displays nodes of certain type on your in-game map and greatly increases visibility of source nodes with beams like skyshard ones.
Buff expires when you harvest x4 amount of map marked nodes.

Add your ideas and you are welcome to bully me for this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the Harvest Map add on on PC. I've just run my farming routes enough that I've got them practically memorized.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not use the ‘keen eye’ passive instead ... which is part of the base game?

Yeah, I don’t really use Harvest Map either. Last time I used it was way back when the Ra Gada motif debuted.

As @VaranisArano said, most hardcore farmers already have their route memorized.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 28, 2018 5:33PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest map would be nice for certain, specific nodes. I like to farm at night (in-game time) with my keen eye passives maxed, and there are times the countryside looks ablaze with nodes, and I'd like to know which ones to focus on if, say, I'm targeting only ancestor silk and not alchemy nodes - those two can look a lot alike until you actually target them.

With a map, I'd know which ones to focus on, and conserve time by avoiding all the other ones in between.

Now, if console folks could just get a map of all the overland spawning treasure chests.....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)