The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Daggerfall water area issue - halp!

Brigda
Brigda
✭✭✭
I am losing my mind. I am trying to build a dock in the back of the Daggerfall Overlook as I've seen many, but no matter what I do, when I come out of the trap door I'm embedded in my planks. I've tried sinking planks under the planks as I've been told, but it works MAYBE 30% of the time. This is maddening. Does anyone know the trick to build a dock out there and not keep sinking through?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I put mine at an angle in front of the door, would be nice if the door was higher. I'm guessing anyone who didn't do it on an angle has the same issue you are having, some may just prefer the aesthetic enough to not worry about it.
    Edited by Runs on August 28, 2018 12:29AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have an answer, but a suggestion. I know what you speak of, for I have been a victim! lol

Have you tried slipping something else under the first few planks other than planks? Eg: the large coral sheet upside down, it's flat.

If the game insists on a player being positioned in the water, then perhaps go with it. Something along the lines of, build a spa or pool there, with a flat bottom and steps leading out onto the platform/deck.

Hope for your sanity that someone comes along who know the answer. :)

• Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    The angle thing worked! Even a slight angle of like 1 degree under the other platform did the trick. You still load in and have to float up some, but at least I don't get trapped with my neck in the dock anymore.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use the stairs from Summerset. You can sink them to just below the door and create a sort of "ancient ruins grotto" out back that ends in an attached dock.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried a bunch of things and hate them all I just deal with jumping up after I go through the trap door.

Really stupid they didnt make the trap door higher like an inch

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS was smart, they would make the area down there conducive to a dock or platform. You can still fall into the water if dont build anything.

All they have to is move the Spawn Point up a little, the position of the door does not really have to change. Simple 5 minute fix.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"