Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Paradise in Coldharbour

Sharalei
Sharalei
✭✭✭✭
Working on creating a video of this property for you guys, but for now, some pics. Apologies in advance for the quality of the pics, I'm a noob at best! lol

This property was entered into my guild's contest to create a Garden. So, it's more about the garden feel than a house. For now it's my primary, and will remain open to all, if you care to take a closer look.

The entrance.
z66vgnrk1z4d.png

The Western side of the estate.
txdgut6djmem.png

View from the top tier of the western structure.
siruc0x2rled.png

The firepit area.
t7f6s1a94pxb.png

View from top of mushroom lookout on Eastern side of estate.
bxwrv2dqfvd5.png

Ok, crossed fingers and toes this works, as these are the first pics I've posted on these forums.

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Mankar Camoran Paradise, because it's in an oblivion realm :)

Very nice work BTW, well done indeed.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Mankar Camoran Paradise, because it's in an oblivion realm :)

Very nice work BTW, well done indeed.

Thank you so much! :)
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Shara!

Ok, now I’m going have to revisit; how did I miss those palms at your entrance?

Looking forward to seeing your video! Thanks for sharing B)
    Edited by Delphinia on August 26, 2018 2:09PM
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Well done Shara!

Ok, now I’m going have to revisit; how did I miss those palms at your entrance?

Looking forward to seeing your video! Thanks for sharing B)

Thanks Delphinia :) I guess we were all a little too busy to pay attention to every tree, with so many entrants! lol
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharalei
    I was told that there may be a video of this beautiful paradise...
    ...and I was also told that it may now be publicly accessible, if one were to post the link...
    ...allegedly.
    <3
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow if i didn't know any better i'd not realize that was coldharbor. Very nice work i love it.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see what you do when they finally give us a non-evil plot of land!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, amazing!
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, seems I can no longer EDIT my own post!! So need to post down here.

With sincere thanks to Cardinal and his stellar skills, here is the video of my gardens. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=CMES_kY5eho

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what you do when they finally give us a non-evil plot of land!

Ohhhh me too! Would be nice to actually create a real home, under real clouds! :)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea and well done in details, I could not do it better :).

I can only imagine how cool this paradise would look with Votan's Darker Night's addon, because the standard game illumination is unnatural, especially in areas like dark Coldharbour the nights should be darker. Imho only then you can express the difference of spaces, while setting various light points in certain positions to create special reference points to focus the attention :). Hope to see your house in darker filter :).
    Edited by Gargath on August 29, 2018 6:32AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Great idea and well done in details, I could not do it better :).

I can only imagine how cool this paradise would look with Votan's Darker Night's addon, because the standard game illumination is unnatural, especially in areas like dark Coldharbour the nights should be darker. Imho only then you can express the difference of spaces, while setting various light points in certain positions to create special reference points to focus the attention :). Hope to see your house in darker filter :).

Please pardon my ignorance, as I was not aware of the Darker Nights addon, and therefore know nothing about it. I completely agree that my creation would look better under darker conditions, true night time, so the lighting effects could work their magic.

What I don't know is, if this addon would override the game default lighting on other people's computers if they were to visit. Would those who visit need to be running the addon also in order to see the place as I've intended, or would the addon show the place darker regardless?

You have intregued me.....this addon sounds interesting. :)
    Edited by Sharalei on August 29, 2018 1:02PM
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely breathtaking! I loved it so much, I had to port over to stroll the gardens. It's even more beautiful irl...so to speak. :smile: What a fantastic job of changing Coldharbor into paradise.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you booking reservations for next summer? I think I found the perfect spot for my next honeymoon <3
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's obvious to me that the addon's darker effects work only on the computers which has it installed, so it doesn't override anything on the others by default :).

Here few samples of what the Votan's Darker Nights does with the surroundings inside and outside:
    7XoCwGK.jpg
    WuhOgNA.jpg
    H18Ivjp.jpg
    DTnIG9b.jpg

Good thing is you can set your own level of darkness from addon settings, the one which suits your needs best. The one on screens is mine, but yours can be different :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alexsae wrote: »
    Absolutely breathtaking! I loved it so much, I had to port over to stroll the gardens. It's even more beautiful irl...so to speak. :smile: What a fantastic job of changing Coldharbor into paradise.

Thank you Alexsae, I'm so glad you visited the gardens in person. :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    It's obvious to me that the addon's darker effects work only on the computers which has it installed, so it doesn't override anything on the others by default :)

Thank you for taking the time to demonstarte the effects of the addon. I actually love what it can do, and may even use it in the future, especially for creating spaces primarily for the purpose of showing pictures and videos here on the forums.

However, this creation was my entry into a contest. (btw, I can equal 1st place) With hundreds of people judging, it could be assumed that only a few would be using the addon.

Thank you though, for drawing my attention to it. I am curious enough to try it out, and perhaps in future, create enchanting night time scenes. :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Are you booking reservations for next summer? I think I found the perfect spot for my next honeymoon <3

A little birdy (a Rosella inparticular), told me that your homes are the go-to for those looking to learn how to put a garden together! "Delphinia has a way with flowers", I was told.

So thank you so much for the praise. <3<3
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good stuff. Reminder that recent update introduced permissions to homes that prevent people from messing with your lights! It would be nice if we could visit any player home by username and not be friends or in guild together. Just for epic houses like this.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How I'd feel in that ''paradise''

PReu0N7.png
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the juxtaposition of the Coldharbour sky and the oppulent feel of the grounds/garden :smile: You've done a fantastic job with combining the Alinor structural elements, statues, and the greenery--it looks amazing!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's lovely! I am definitely going to pay a visit to see it in person. :D
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    This is good stuff. Reminder that recent update introduced permissions to homes that prevent people from messing with your lights! It would be nice if we could visit any player home by username and not be friends or in guild together. Just for epic houses like this.

There is a way, via an addon called Port to Friend's House, then simply type in my name. A drop down menu will list all my properties, and you simply chose Coldharbour, and presto! As long as that person has the home open to the public, anyone with that addon can visit.

If you prefer not to download another addon, by all means I'm accept a friend invite from you.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Jaimeh and Minyassa for your positive comments. :)

Ankael ... rotf, too funny!