The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Aldmeri Grotto’s Dunmer ships

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t think this has been mentioned before. I was adventuring around vvardenfell and noticed the ships there have the same spearhead (?) on the front of the ship as the wrecked ones in the aldmeri grotto, leading me to believe the grotto wrecks (the 2 larger mostly intact wrecks)are Dunmeri or at least some form of Pact ships. Yet the load screen says the grotto was a stop for the Altmer Navy.

This leads me to the question of why and how are these Dunmer/Pact ships there?

Edit: the cliff top ship halves appear to be Breton/covenant design too, again leads me to the question of what were these ships doing in these waters and how did they get here? (especially this Breton ship someone needs to explain how it got split in half and ended on top of a waterfall)
Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 26, 2018 1:52AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS using assets without thinking too hard about it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grotto is available for a home since its no longer suitable for navy use after being discovered by both the Pact and the Covenant raiders.

As for the Breton ship halfway up a cliff, one of the battlemages got high on Skooma...
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grotto is available for a home since its no longer suitable for navy use after being discovered by both the Pact and the Covenant raiders.

As for the Breton ship halfway up a cliff, one of the battlemages got high on Skooma...

Sounds like a nice back story. As for the battlemages on Skooma, I can assure you we have no such lowlifes in the covenant navy... I mean uh in the dominion privateer crew that owns the place now.....
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ZOS using assets without thinking too hard about it.

Most likely :neutral: would be good if there was an actual reason behind it though as the fully intact ship is dominion in design, while the destroyed ships are pact and covenant in design.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are just trophies taken from invaders around the island
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the grotto wrecks (the 2 larger mostly intact wrecks)are Dunmeri or at least some form of Pact ships. Yet the load screen says the grotto was a stop for the Altmer Navy.

This leads me to the question of why and how are these Dunmer/Pact ships there?

The Altmer Ships showed up, saw the Pact ships there, blew them up or captured the crews and sailed on.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very interesting question op. I gave you an awesome. I love a good mystery.