Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any way to help lag?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
Firstly my processor is quad core 4.2 ghz, 16GB ddr3 ram, gtx 1060, I have att uverese with an excellent ping ping level and 50 mbps download.

I also have all recommended ports open on my router.

I do not run max settings some things only on high, others medium to low.

My fps much more often then it should is dropping to 20 to 30 fps being annoying and my ping in this game (and this game only) is always 120+). I know many say 120 isn't bad on this game but several times a year I'm below 100 and it feels so so so much better.

Is there any tips at helping either fps spikes hitting me or a way to help ping at all?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could lower the max fps level, which is 100 by default to 60. You do that by changing "SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01640000"" will set max fps to 61(0.01 is default). By lowering this you will also lower the the stutter from fps drop since they will not be as big as if you go from 100 down to 30.

Lowering particle effects to lowest will help alot and I myself could not tell the difference of having them set to max or lowest. Bloom, shadows, draw/view distance also have big impact.

There are alot of tweaks for lowering graphic quality beside the ingame options,(Usersettings.ini, ccc/ncp for the gfx etc) but it will make the game not as visually appealing so that is dependant on how you want it.

Can check here for Usersettings.ini info https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/137649/usersettings-txt

For ping not much you can do in my knowledge. You could try those wtfast and other software that say they will help lower ping and such, I don't have much faith in those to work. But some say they do.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA