The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Dragonknight Standard ultimate is useless in PVP

LoveForElderScrolls
Most of the time I use Dragonknight standard in a fight people get out of it quickly and that's why I don't see anybody use it in pvp. It needs to apply a huge snare and maybe a dot for it to work. This is my opinion if you have a good experience and know how to use it share your knowledge on this topic.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use Leap, alot better for PvP.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Use Leap DBoS, alot better for PvP.

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it should at least stun when it drops. I've heard people talking about making it a stamina negate (prevent stamina skills) but that is probably OP.
    PC/EU DC
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony is your friend.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shifting standard is helpful if running in an organized group
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use Leap, alot better for PvP.

If it's the purpose to use another ult in pvp, then why does the banner have major defile, pvp focused?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, I would be attempting to move out of the big, red, and flaming circle as much as possible, too.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    It synergizes very well with group play but you aren't probably going to want it solo/small man.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shifting standart is impossible to keep up on anyone with two working legs. Unless they want to fight under the flag, it won't happen. Using leap or a dawnbreaker is always more effective. Part of the issue is that it wastes a GCD and the aoe is too small.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 24, 2018 8:08PM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im using leap and, in Groups pf Enemys, Devouring Swarm :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Use shifting standard. Surprise surprise, in open world they won’t stand in it the whole time. Still, great for area denial and defending an objective.

Edited by worsttankever on August 24, 2018 9:01PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use it more intelligently if you’re relying on it. Force people into chokes where you can stop them from so easily walking out of it
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    To be fair, I would be attempting to move out of the big, red, and flaming circle as much as possible, too.

Stop, drop, and roll!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to back bar it. It is pretty good for keep defense. Drop standard on a flag and root players with talons and dps them with as much AOE damage as you can.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use shifting standard. Surprise surprise, in open world they won’t stand in it the whole time. Still, great for area denial and defending an objective.

Still good for role playing, I agree.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I like to back bar it. It is pretty good for keep defense. Drop standard on a flag and root players with talons and dps them with as much AOE damage as you can.

If a DK can withstand the sheer number of full raid on flag, I expect a glorious level of damage that will tickle the full raid to death. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it should at least stun when it drops. I've heard people talking about making it a stamina negate (prevent stamina skills) but that is probably OP.

Why would it be OP versus a negate that prevents magicka skills?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not DK Standard a tanking based ultimate, focused for PvE?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Fossilize or Talons + Shifting + Deep Breath + Volatile and if you have bar space left Proxy detonation. Works great on keep takeover. Smaller fights use Leap.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Fossilize or Talons + Shifting + Deep Breath + Volatile and if you have bar space left Proxy detonation. Works great on keep takeover. Smaller fights use Leap.

If any of those go off before you are laying there dead. :) Need more potatoes on the enemy side to do this.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its not that bad. You can use it in bridge/tower/keep fights, but its just not great for most play. DK lost a lot of control which made it less worth to use, and a pure burst ult like leap or defensive ult.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If any of those go off before you are laying there dead. :) Need more potatoes on the enemy side to do this.

True, but there are still a good amount of potatoes around. :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Use Leap DBoS, alot better for PvP.

If they're using standard they are likely going to be magicka.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amazing for trains
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I had made another thread about this awhile back, and although I do still feel the same way, the ultimate isn't useless, I have managed to use this even in solo play and absolutely destroy people. You just have to find the right gear and just make sure to to immobilize your opponent or decrease their movement by a lot. There are sets out there that will help, people complained about dragon knights not having any mobility, I just learned instead if I'm slow, I need to make whomever I am fighting just as slow or even slower and now the play style I have on my MagDk is damn good because of it and I use standard as my main Ulti, I do wish it didnt cost as much, but if it costed less, then you know zos would need to nerf some aspect of it, which would render the ultimate useless.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I have to disagree with this.

Yes; if you think you can use Standard in a mobile fight, or in a zerg, you are in for for headache.

But for 1vX it can be very powerful. When you are outnumbered and running around for LoS, YOU are determining were to fight. My experience is, that 3-4 players chasing you around an object, wilm NOT go out of the AOE. Why? Because no one with experience generally participate in a 3v1. At least they are far between.

My only problem with standard is the cost. And in most of my DK builds, i need to use ultimate on cooldown for the resources, making Leap into my main ultimate. But having Standard on backbar is nice for those locked situations were YOU determine where to fight, and also for pve - taking resources etc.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Standard is great. I use it in my tank build in battlegrounds for anything not deathmatch. If they don't get out of it, they're usually not going to survive. And if they do, well then the relic is safe, the flag is safe, or the chaos ball carrier is safe.

I agree that it sucks in deathmatch though.
    Edited by DarkJester1 on August 28, 2018 5:08AM
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Standard is bad they said. What is this 15k shackle on my death recap they said.
    Edited by Vilestride on August 29, 2018 2:33AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Lol. Standard is bad they said. What is this 15k shackle on my death recap they said.

Would you like a 23k Nova with that salt?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Harmony is your friend.

Harmony damage is buffed from the person casting the synnergy, not the person dropping it down. Just fyi