The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Colossal Aldmeri Grotto

Alexsae
Alexsae
✭✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I've been with ESO about 5 months now, and this is my first big home. The Grotto was a challenge due to item count (naturally), but I'm happy with how it's come out. I still have 50+ spots for adding statues and fun achievement furnishings. So, here it is :smile:

id7jwl5rldo2.jpg
This is the first view coming off the ship.

m7r6uls7gzyk.jpg
After a long voyage, who doesn't need a good fight?

gy2uoao9lblq.jpg
And relaxation, too. Here's the entrance to the bathing area which used to be a shipwreck.

gmxbl7rg3kp3.jpg
The water in this bath gets its healing properties from the crystal. :wink:

aouixhuvbtiy.jpg
And the view from the other side. Wait, what is that off in the distance?

m4g6g9lzscim.jpg
It's a stairway leading to...

9303bh8iav0c.jpg
....the best view in the house!

oclgrmtw8rut.jpg
After bathing and exploring, why not relax on the garden patio.

ktwywyp38jph.jpg
Is that Skooma on the table?? No, of course not. Just an ordinary water pipe....

193qewkpmbg0.jpg
An overview of the ruins.

iamhtzc5y56k.jpg
xcod2p7hnvn3.jpg
tloourq89ekh.jpg
The Library.

5i4ho6voo2or.jpg
Dark Arts are studied above the library.

wsyclz2obqbr.jpg
Entrance to the main living area.

sgw15gk0duqs.jpg
Dining room.

ri0qzc1ae0hr.jpg
Bedroom

pyqn45d0o2yd.jpg
Kitchen prep area.

gd5t71vn5knf.jpg
Kitchen.

g4cg1s50mzdk.jpg
This post is long enough, and nothing too special happened inside the main ship. I plan to fill the long inside hallway with trophy busts one day...should I actually stop decorating long enough to PVE. :wink: The one thing I did to save space, though, is to make a closed door out of one of the bedrooms. :disappointed: Still, even with the item count problems, I have really enjoyed the Grotto! Hope you liked it.

Alexsae
PC NA
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Amazing job, especially for being with ESO only five months as you mentioned!
    Welcome to ESO :)
    I especially love how you were able to bring in various alliance furnishings, they all blend so nicely with one another as you've arranged them.
    This is a huge space to fill and create warmth and you've managed to do both splendidly!
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh wow i like what you did with the place. I still have yet to gather my thoughts on what to do with this place. Nice to see what others are doing!
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much! :smile:
  • CorinaB
    CorinaB
    ✭✭
    Wow, Alex, this is soooooo gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful screen grabs with us. I bought this house too, but I haven't used it yet. So I feel especially stupid asking you this, but what area did you use for the kitchen? It looks really nice!! Have fun in Tamriel.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome, love that view point (I’m yet to build a way up there in my grotto yet) and the walls on the ship ruin. Thanks for showing us pics of your awesomely decorated grotto :smile:
    CorinaB wrote: »
    Wow, Alex, this is soooooo gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful screen grabs with us. I bought this house too, but I haven't used it yet. So I feel especially stupid asking you this, but what area did you use for the kitchen? It looks really nice!! Have fun in Tamriel.

Looks like one of the ship halves that’s up in the cliffs based on the prep area pic (assuming the kitchen is next to the kitchen prep area)
  • CorinaB
    CorinaB
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Shadow_Akula! and I agree, that viewpoint is really spectacular.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no interest in the Grotto, mostly because it feels too masculine for me. Well, got to admit your home makes me re-think. It's so beautiful, feminine without being tizzy, and luxurious!

I particularly love the bathing area. Secret stairway to a spectacular view that I never knew existed on the property.

Well done! Beautifully luxurious. Thank you for sharing your talent. :)
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much everyone! Corina, I used the little shipwreck up on the cliffs for my home. I filled in the broken out area below the bedroom for the kitchen.