The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lore books that are quest/(alliance?) locked

Secilina
Secilina
✭✭
It has come to my attention that although a lot of books were moved/fixed in previous patches, there are still quite a few lore books in the base game that were never moved/fixed and were not required in the quest therefore easy to miss and get locked behind not operable doors. and even in later patches such as the very recent summerset there are a few lorebooks that even doing the quest again with a friend will not unlock.

These include such titles as:
"Orders to Halskar" - Eastmarch, Fort Morvunskar - Blindsided
"The Scaled Elves" - Sumemrset Sea Keep - Storming the walls
"Night Runner Captain's Journal" - Summerset Karnwasten - The abyssal cabal
"Nahirah's Journal" - Alik'r Desert

And there are also lorebooks that can be unaccessable to certain characters but available to others such as:
"House Hlaalu Merchant Camp" - Deshaan, Obsidian Gorge
"Ashlander tribes and Customs" - Vvardenfell, Balmora (may be quest locked according to the person that told me to add it to this list)
"No admittance -- This means you" - Rift, Lions den
"Information Request from Emeric" - Cyrodil, Southern Highrock Gate - DC base
"Updated Instructions from Dortene" - Cyrodil, Southern Highrock Gate - DC base

In my opinion there are 2 options here to fix old books and new books
1. Make all quests repeatable in some way so that if someone wishes to they can repeat a quest to get the book. This would need the loot for the repeated quest being only 414 gold like all the Trial weekly quests so as to not allow farming of certain quest items or some other such system. Implementing this system would stop all future quest locked lore books as well as fix all old locked lore books and allow many collectors to get the full collection
2. Add a secondary place for all lore books after finishing the quest preferably in the area that you either finish or start the quest

I am fully aware of the megathread related to this issue but it seems that that has stopped being looked at.

Also as for the Wolfhunter update. Moving the 3 lorebooks associated to the Sil-Var-Woad zoo quest made me lose the knowledge of those books and i had to group with someone to be able to redo the quest to get them back.