The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Stream Team & Current Twitch Drops Schedule"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Stream Team & Current Twitch Drops Schedule. We’re thrilled to officially unveil the current members of the ESO Stream Team. Check out this article for all the details on the program and when you can earn Twitch Drops just by watching some of your favorite streamers. Moving forward, we'll be publishing a bi-weekly Twitch Drops schedule so you know exactly when they're enabled, for which channels, and when you can expect to receive your Drops.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand things like these.

"Hey! How about you dont play the game and instead watch someone else play it! And we will reward you for doing so! Yay!"

My experience with this is that the twitch streams will just overflow with people wanting their drops and then leave as soon as they got it.
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The absence of one particular name on this list made me laugh :)
    Anyways. Thanks alot for this list <3 I had missed all the recent Twitch Drops.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome. Thank you for doing this.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to play the game by myself, instead of watching someone else playing it... Boooring.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I prefer to play the game by myself, instead of watching someone else playing it... Boooring.

You don’t have to watch. The stream can be running in the background iirc.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to all on the list, some well known names who put a lot of love and effort into their ESO streams on there.

Not a big stream watcher myself but will try and watch some more.

One question is the section about earning crates says
    Want to get your hands on some Twitch Drops? You can watch your favorite ESO streamer AND earn some in-game loot by checking out any of the below channels.
    So this is just the names which follow on set days or anyone, as "your favourite streamer" could read as any streamer to me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for clearing up some of the mysterious nature of drops and when/with whom they are available. This schedule is very helpful.
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    As a streamer this breaks my heart. Having them only on specific channels hits a big way I was getting people in when drops were live. I understand the move but it still makes me sad.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continue to be amused by the idea of being rewarded for watching someone else play the game rather than just playing it myself.

(I also think that incentivizing current players to have the streams running in the background rather than actually watching is a snazzy way to inflate views without actually attracting a whole lot of new viewers.)
  • bo_n_sai
    bo_n_sai
    Soul Shriven
    Way to hurt every streamer that isn't a social or pvp streamer :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any progress on getting Twitch drops made available for console users?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Congrats to all on the list, some well known names who put a lot of love and effort into their ESO streams on there.

Want to get your hands on some Twitch Drops? You can watch your favorite ESO streamer AND earn some in-game loot by checking out any of the below channels.
    So this is just the names which follow on set days or anyone, as "your favourite streamer" could read as any streamer to me.

It depends @Turelus and that's why it's nice to get these articles. Sometimes twitch drops are only on for specific streamers as part of a special event (like the ones listed in the article). Other times, twitch drops are turned on for all ESO Stream Team streamers (everone in the big list) and other times, drops are turned on for anyone at all who is streaming ESO.

The bi-weekly articles should be helpful in knowing what's happening now, as to who drops are coming from at certain times.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinazai wrote: »

"Hey! How about you dont play the game and instead watch someone else play it! And we will reward you for doing so! Yay!"

My experience with this is that the twitch streams will just overflow with people wanting their drops and then leave as soon as they got it.

I used to think the same thing until I actually sat and watched some twitch, way back during the ESO stream weekend that happened way back during first year. Why would I want to watch when I play?

Turns out I watch while playing. I watch when I can't play, turn it on for background noise just like many folks do with TV. Or interact with the streamer and their chat.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    This is cool, congrats to all the players who were chosen for this event!

Could we please clarify a couple things about Twitch drops? When I sat down at my PC and watched a full ESO Live, I was awarded 4 crates. I rarely have the opportunity to do this though, so I tried streaming to my phone a couple weeks later. It used up just about all my high-speed data for the month (don't worry, I'll get by) and I was awarded just 2 crates. I'm not sure if this was because I had to reload a couple times. Are we able to get drops with audio only or chat only settings when we're away from home?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most use it for white noise or just someone friendly to interact with between loading screens
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooo, fengrush is on there
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 21, 2018 6:37PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, you can leave the twitch stream running on the background nearly muted and get free stuff while playing the game
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 21, 2018 6:38PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

The ESO streamers I tend to watch aren't even on the list. Looking through the list, I am hard pressed to find ones that I have actually watched, and those I have, rarely more than once. Not that I watch them for drops, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the technology just not yet available for console Twitch drops or are there other companies that do it? I wonder, but haven't looked it up. I'll continue watching ESO Live regardless because Gina, you're hilarious. Can you have more loremaster Schick please? He's my favorite guest
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any progress on getting Twitch drops made available for console users?

I just assume they'll do it as soon as they possibly can, but don't know when that might be. They did say on the last ESO Live that they're still looking into it
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a limit on how many times we can get the drops in a day?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    show the console peasants some love. our money is just as green. without us lowly console people this game would've been
    a financial flop. many instances of the consoles being overlooked. i realize it's easier to do things for pc people,
    but how about moving forward do stuff with all "paying customers" or none at all.
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Guys, you can leave the twitch stream running on the background nearly muted and get free stuff while playing the game

Yea i know, but then... whats the point :dizzy:

Will i start playing the game more or buy more stuff if i see others playing the game?
    Or do they want higher viewing numbers on the streams so that non-eso-players will start watching it too and get intrested in playing themselves?
    Im just confused why so many developers are pushing streaming so hard. :D
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • Boollet
    Boollet
    Soul Shriven
    It turns out now, drops will only be "elected"? Then the question...How to get into this team? What about the Russian-speaking community? Where to apply or do you decide who is worthy?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t Jack Daniels on this list
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an idea on what specific content your Team members stream? Too many people on eso twitch streaming the same generic content.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • jwjackson5674
    jwjackson5674
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question, if were on PC NA, do we have to watch PC NA streamers? Or can we watch PC EU?
  • jvachez
    jvachez
    Soul Shriven
    Hello ! There a big problem with the streamer Yogscast ! He is streaming Minecraft instead TESO !
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, looks like there was a miscommunication. It was scheduled but is not happening today.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, coming to report the miscommunication on Yogscast streaming too. They are currently playing DnD live with 30 minutes left of "ESO streaming" time.

I did notice last week they did ESO on a Tuesday and people were upset with them because WoW had also dropped some big content. So Yogscast isn't the best when it comes to adhering to a schedule.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.