The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

user settings no longer working

mook-eb16_ESO
mook-eb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
in which folder is the user settings been moved to in this patch the game is no longer taking notice of my settings?
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    should be users\"username"\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    but the game ignores all the settings
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    addons none of my addons are being used anymore something went wrong with this patch
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Is there a problem with the patch as the game is no longer looking at my users settings default path see above.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems the settings have been moved to C:\ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online\live why?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    addons none of my addons are being used anymore something went wrong with this patch

All out of date mods get disabled in an update. Just reenable them at the main menu.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes yes read the post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All out of date mods get disabled in an update. Just reenable them at the main menu.

Hmm. My addons don't get disabled by patches, just by DLCs.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    the addons are not disabled they are missing because of the folder change this might actually be to do with ransom wear/folder protection by windows defender. I will investigate further later and keep you updated.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Hmm. My addons don't get disabled by patches, just by DLCs.

I didn't say patches, I said updates. Wolfhunter was Update 19. It reset all my out of date addons as it did with everybody else who was screaming in chat about them not working on the first day.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi so if you have folder protection turned on, I'm using windows10 (windows defender security centre>ransomware protection> controlled access>on) the game will be unable to write into "users\"username"\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live", if you have to repair or reinstall from scratch instead it it will use "C:\ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online\live" . You can add an application as a an exception in the windows defender control panel, but if folder protection turned on before you install the game you will need to turn this feature off if you require individual settings per user. Maybe this will help someone.
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on August 21, 2018 11:06PM