The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

class balance is broken?

Teutoburger
Teutoburger
✭✭
have currently a lvl 8 sorcerer using storm calling and destruction staff spells. i also use elemental expert champion skill that increases my damage by 14.73% and i kill normal enemies with 2-3 hits and 'elites' with 5 hits. thought it was wierd since enemies should scale. have tried champion skill master-at-arms with same amount of damage and it takes 4-6 hits to kill a normal enemy. tried a new templar which takes same amount of attacks to kill enemies.
wondering if i use wrong class skills, picked wrong champion skills or the game is unbalanced. think its the last part since how magic and melee damage has never been similar in the elder scrolls series, mostly morrowind to skyrim
  • Teutoburger
    Teutoburger
    ✭✭
    for example using mostly puncturing strike as templar and force pulse for sorcerer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All enemies are CP 160. At level 8, you are currently battleleved to CP 160 (+ however many CP you actually have). As long as your gear is close to your level, you are getting a lot of benefits for, battleleving that make you quite powerful at your low level.

Now, as you level up and gain more skills, you'll start losing the scaling benefits of battle leveling. However, your CP being placed will still make overland questing pretty easy.

In the TES games past, melee damage was just light/heavy attacks while mages were limited to spells. In ESO, stamina and magicka players both have powerful weapon skills on top of their class skills.

As a magicka sorcerer, I'd advise picking up Wall of Elements from the destruction staff. Its an area of effect damage over time spell, so if you use that on a mob and then use force pulse, enemies will take damage while you target each individual.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you are getting at? Are you suggesting that the overland mobs are too easy to kill? If so, I completely agree.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Teutoburger
    Teutoburger
    ✭✭
    they are when i play a sorcerer but not when i play a templar
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    they are when i play a sorcerer but not when i play a templar

Try this: equip lightning-staff with your templar, put skillpoints to ancient knowledge passive when you can,. When you engage mob, use reflective light -> elemental blockade -> spam puncturing sweeps.