The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is the way of deathmatch now?

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
https://imgur.com/a/PfVsJ6h

and this one was even worse:

https://imgur.com/a/pV5Nb17

(Check total scores).

Why they felt the need to reduce the heal debuff length, beats the hell out of me. I felt heals were pretty balanced in PvP (except for how much points it gives people; I'm glad they upped that), now though, now it's just awful. :(
Edited by DarkJester1 on August 20, 2018 3:21AM
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what u are trying to say
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jinazai wrote: »
    I have no idea what u are trying to say

I think he is complaining about the presence of healers. The OP's main offensive skill is likely Snipe, which has had its major defile nerfed. So now when he runs into healers he is having trouble putting together meaningful combinations and working with his group to secure kills.

Low score matches are usually alot of fun. As long as I'm not on the only team without a healer.

PCNA

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing is way overtuned in PvP. If you ever have been in a deathmatch where each of the three teams has a dedicated healer then you know what I am talking about. Have had quite a few matches end where no team even had half the points to win the match and it went the time limit.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs to marjor defiles has mades things feel more balanced 4 me

del9 wrote: »

Low score matches are usually alot of fun

Agree 100%. Usually mean they're more competitive and teams could be more balanced against one another.

Wouldn't have a problem with being in the games that OP has shown. I have been in a few and they were enjoyable. What I don't like are those terribly inbalanced games that don't seem to feel competitive in any way, whether I'm on the winning or losing side.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a magden or a magden friend... you will have no shortage of defile
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low score matches are better than matches where one team has 500 and the other 2 have less than 200.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? So someone healed really good but they lost the match...I fail to see what's so "OP"?

Edit: Ah I see...nobody came close to 500. I love it when it's real competitive. Seems good to me.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 21, 2018 9:51PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Those are fun matches.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Agreed. Those are fun matches.

Its all fun and games until you get put in a team without one in the solo queue and now you, the stam dk, become the healer -___-
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long matches can be fun if it really is about fighting and not about tanking/healing bots
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Healing is way overtuned in PvP. If you ever have been in a deathmatch where each of the three teams has a dedicated healer then you know what I am talking about. Have had quite a few matches end where no team even had half the points to win the match and it went the time limit.

This game lacks proper CC mechanics. In most pvp mmos, you can't just break free from a cc. A cc will last like 6 seconds and you have to eat the full duration and the person that used their cc now has that skill on cooldown for 10 to 15 seconds. A player can be cc'd 3 times in a row, each cc having a half life duration. Meaning the first is 6 seconds, the second is 3 secs, the third is 1.5 seconds.

In ESO, you have multiple cc's; stun lasting x seconds, snare lasting x seconds, and root lasting x seconds. The issue with eso pvp, is you can't CC someone long enough without them breaking free to kill them when a healer is involved. They can potentially have enough stamina to always break free... that's a huge issue. You want balance? Fix the cc mechanics. They are crap in this game. Too easy to get out of cc, to easy to be immune to cc, damage is too high, healing is too high, skills cost too many resources.... it's just a mess
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

This game lacks proper CC mechanics. In most pvp mmos, you can't just break free from a cc. A cc will last like 6 seconds and you have to eat the full duration and the person that used their cc now has that skill on cooldown for 10 to 15 seconds. A player can be cc'd 3 times in a row, each cc having a half life duration. Meaning the first is 6 seconds, the second is 3 secs, the third is 1.5 seconds.

In ESO, you have multiple cc's; stun lasting x seconds, snare lasting x seconds, and root lasting x seconds. The issue with eso pvp, is you can't CC someone long enough without them breaking free to kill them when a healer is involved. They can potentially have enough stamina to always break free... that's a huge issue. You want balance? Fix the cc mechanics. They are crap in this game. Too easy to get out of cc, to easy to be immune to cc, damage is too high, healing is too high, skills cost too many resources.... it's just a mess

Wow having to endure an entire 6 second cc would be a death sentence. It sounds like you are much more comfortable playing a slower paced tab targeting type game.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Make a magden or a magden friend... you will have no shortage of defile

yes!!! adopt a MagDen and vote for Magden buff in general :)
    Edited by Volckodav on August 24, 2018 3:02PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »

Wow having to endure an entire 6 second cc would be a death sentence. It sounds like you are much more comfortable playing a slower paced tab targeting type game.

Can't "tab target" on xbox. I dont have any issues playing pvp. I wax people with multiple characters. But I still have frustrations about code development.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Walker Texas Templar" has big heals because in Texas...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is in those other games you'd be hard pressed to take a target from 100% to 0hp during the duration of the stun, and casting the stun itself has an internal cooldown; those mechanics do not exist in ESO.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »

ESO isn't a fps and it isn't "fast" compared to any other mmo. It has a 1s gcd like pretty much everything else. The only reason it seems fast or feels fast is because TTK is hilariously low. TTK being low also means that healing has to be absurdly good to make up for it, and we get issues like people either dying too fast, or not dying at all.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't be bothered to click links.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

The difference is in those other games you'd be hard pressed to take a target from 100% to 0hp during the duration of the stun, and casting the stun itself has an internal cooldown; those mechanics do not exist in ESO.

Exactly. You get it!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. You get it!

Glad we agree that what's considered a proper CC mechanic in another game has no place in ESO; the only proper CC mechanic missing on live currently is that immunity is not working at all how it's designed/balanced/has worked in the past.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭

(Check total scores).

Sorc again??

xD

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. You get it!

Glad we agree that what's considered a proper CC mechanic in another game has no place in ESO; the only proper CC mechanic missing on live currently is that immunity is not working at all how it's designed/balanced/has worked in the past.

CC breaking upon being attacked is another key element of long duration CCs.

Daoc has minute-long mezzes followed by minute long CC immunity.. But the mezzes broke whenever the victim took damage, which lead to a general aversion to dot builds in that game.

Crowd control wasn’t meant to lock someone down and prevent them fighting back, it was meant to turn. 8v20 into an 8v4 by locking the other zerglings out of the fight. It made target focus an absolute requirement.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Healer builds came out to play.
    Edited by JWillCHS on September 2, 2018 7:08PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You fail to mention in these other games that most of the time, damage breaks cc.
    In WoW, for example, I could sheep someone and yes, they have to eat that cc. But if I attack them, that breaks the sheep.
    Because cc in other games are used for defense, or to reduce numbers for a short advantage. Where in this game, cc is used as offensive openers, and a way to kill with little to no counter, except for break free...and that mechanic is iffy at best.
    Thogard wrote: »

Exactly. You get it!

CC breaking upon being attacked is another key element of long duration CCs.

Daoc has minute-long mezzes followed by minute long CC immunity.. But the mezzes broke whenever the victim took damage, which lead to a general aversion to dot builds in that game.

Crowd control wasn’t meant to lock someone down and prevent them fighting back, it was meant to turn. 8v20 into an 8v4 by locking the other zerglings out of the fight. It made target focus an absolute requirement.

Edit: Yes, this. Should've read this comment before I responded.
    Edited by Kel on September 4, 2018 11:59AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those battleground scores look very appealing to me. It shows, that the teams were matched evenly and all quite strong in offense and defense, maybe they all had a good healer too. Those are fights I look forward to, since they are competitive and catching. It really takes a good combo of a group to get an enemy down and even then, this does not mean a loss for the enemy team. I call this balanced. Sure the final scores could be higher, but I would not mind that actually. This is by far better than uneven groups, one smashing the others again and again, premade and good coordinating groups against randoms and disorganized groups. It also does not come down to which group can retrieve the power sigil first and then strike for a few points.
    There is another thread similar to this one, saying that scores are low because the sigils are missing, now it is the increased healing because defile is shortened, but it seems as if those people complaining about those scores do not understand, what a healthy and competitive battle means.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/PfVsJ6h

and this one was even worse:

https://imgur.com/a/pV5Nb17

(Check total scores).

Why they felt the need to reduce the heal debuff length, beats the hell out of me. I felt heals were pretty balanced in PvP (except for how much points it gives people; I'm glad they upped that), now though, now it's just awful. :(

The I'm afraid to die meta has hit bgs... big surprise.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.