The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We Need Two Team Battlegrounds (4v4, 6v6)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In cyrodil, it works because two factions will want to unite to take on the faction that is dominating or has emp, in bgs like deathmatch it relies on people not being greedy as what will happen is if one team is too dominant the weaker team will jump in on the even weaker third team to try to steal some kills instead of teaming up and thus makes it a ever worse experience for the weakest team. A 4 v 4 or a 6 v 6 would atleast make it so that extra team will not be there to be leeches to the weakest team. Try counting how many times the weak teams team up together instead of fighting each other for scraps of score.

Keep the triad as its own game mode but make 4v4 or 6v6 two team deathmatch a option to spice battlegrounds up for more variety.
Edited by Aliyavana on August 20, 2018 12:44AM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3v3 and 6v6 imo.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Sick of having my kills stolen by Mage's Fury.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Nothing worse than the lower tier team just feeding the winning team.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8v8 and no death match. Keep the deathmatch in the XvXvX.

If we are going to have simplified BGs as OP is suggesting they should have good objectives. Skill and strategy become more significant.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

This is now a nerf sorc thread :trollface:
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice been ending up in a lot of 3 teams vs others with four more often then I like.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 4v4v4 as it is. You can do a lot of strategies. Anything goes!
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    I like the 4v4v4 as it is. You can do a lot of strategies. Anything goes!

I especially like the 3v3v4 strategy
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer 20vs20vs20vs20
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL No.

The SALT when people get FARMED for AP, battle after battle (after battle!) because premades vs half groups will happen much more!

Some of you guys asked for the changes we got; now complain about them.

The BEST thing that could happen is if there was NO MORE group queueing.

You always queue solo, and get randomly put into a group.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    In cyrodil, it works because two factions will want to unite to take on the faction that is dominating or has emp, in bgs like deathmatch it relies on people not being greedy as what will happen is if one team is too dominant the weaker team will jump in on the even weaker third team to try to steal some kills instead of teaming up and thus makes it a ever worse experience for the weakest team. A 4 v 4 or a 6 v 6 would atleast make it so that extra team will not be there to be leeches to the weakest team. Try counting how many times the weak teams team up together instead of fighting each other for scraps of score.

Keep the triad as its own game mode but make 4v4 or 6v6 two team deathmatch a option to spice battlegrounds up for more variety.

I strongly believe 8v8 is the best format with well designed maps that heavily incentivize spreading out. And when you have 8v8 format you can curb the issur of premades vs pugs without harming the queue times by simply limiting premade queuing to 4 man.

3 team bgs was the biggest mistake they made and i am sticking by that as i have since day 1.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    8v8 and no death match. Keep the deathmatch in the XvXvX.

If we are going to have simplified BGs as OP is suggesting they should have good objectives. Skill and strategy become more significant.

This
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    LOL No.

The SALT when people get FARMED for AP, battle after battle (after battle!) because premades vs half groups will happen much more!

Some of you guys asked for the changes we got; now complain about them.

The BEST thing that could happen is if there was NO MORE group queueing.

You always queue solo, and get randomly put into a group.

No actually they wont. When designed well, you dont have the premade problem because a premade can only ever have so much influence on a match where each team is 8 players and the premade is limited to 4 where the bg in question REQUIRES the objectives get played or a loss is guarunteed. A well desgined bg in this way, as has been done countless times across mutliple mmos, will create scenarios where pvp can not be avoided while still stressing the importance of objectives, unlike the ring around the rosey trash we have now in eso bgs for everything but DM.

Ap farming as you seem to be conplaining about would not exist because under the ideal scenario explained above, ap gains only come from end of match results so ap gains essentially comes from pvping while playing the objectives.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm good with the current system.

I'd rather not have a 6-8 man ball group premade running against the PUG I join with.

I don't have faith in them coming up with an ideal system for groups/solo players so I don't think we need any changes in regards to the layouts of the teams.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd rather not have a 6-8 man ball group premade running against the PUG I join with.

I don't have faith in them coming up with an ideal system for groups/solo players so I don't think we need any changes in regards to the layouts of the teams.

properly designed 8 man BGs are not reduced to ball groups though. This has historically been proven. Its why you absolutely, positively do not implement TDM style BGs with such a player count. If 8 players want to ball up in a BG, assuming the BG is designed properly, with objective points in place, said group will earn a swift loss.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

properly designed 8 man BGs are not reduced to ball groups though. This has historically been proven. Its why you absolutely, positively do not implement TDM style BGs with such a player count. If 8 players want to ball up in a BG, assuming the BG is designed properly, with objective points in place, said group will earn a swift loss.

Things typically aren't designed properly around here. They can't fix the current broken, why do we want a new broken? It would be a mess if inplemented.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Things typically aren't designed properly around here. They can't fix the current broken, why do we want a new broken? It would be a mess if inplemented.

Well yeah of course lol. this is all just wishful thinking. I was just giving a hypothetical. When done right 8v8 bgs in an mmo dont tend to end up being ball group clusterfucks nor dominated by premades.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

This is now a nerf sorc thread :trollface:

they need to add a new badge to the forum achievement system. it would be like "relentless sorc nerfer" for starting 25 nerf sorc threads. You're posting some good content. Great!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yeah of course lol. this is all just wishful thinking. I was just giving a hypothetical. When done right 8v8 bgs in an mmo dont tend to end up being ball group clusterfucks nor dominated by premades.

8v8 in other mmos typically have more healers. Lack of healers in bgs on eso is astounding.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recently begun to really enjoy BGs. I will admit the 4v4v4 is getting old. Would be fun if instead of creating these cookie cutter BGs if they just implemented some new match types.

I like the five we have, deathmatch/ relic/ chaosball/ crazy/ domination. But I agree they need to spice it up with 2v2/3v3/4v4/6v6/ or even 2v2v2 would be interesting. I'm sick of getting blown up by 8 players moshing through BGs as if they were part of a cyrodil raid group spamming AoEs.

I understand why they did the team's like that, to give tanks and heal tanks less chance at surviving. But it makes those of us who jump into DPS builds an unfair dissadvantage
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

I understand why they did the team's like that, to give tanks and heal tanks less chance at surviving. But it makes those of us who jump into DPS builds an unfair dissadvantage

Try slotting some heals on your dps character then. If you build for low surivability then guess what.... you're going to have low survivability.

Hutch679 wrote: »

8v8 in other mmos typically have more healers. Lack of healers in bgs on eso is astounding.

The amount of love I get from people since I main healers is hilarious at times. Played a few BGs earlier today and got the same guy on my team 4 games in a row, first two I was on my warden and we steamrolled since it gives everyone ridiculous amounts of survivablity. Then I switched to my NB and dude was like "aww why'd you switch"? I guess he though I was a DPS magblade, then he saw the monster heals and was like "hell yeah we're going to win again". It's always nice to be appreciated for playing supportive (main reason I quit MOBAs was due to people undervaluing and underappreciating supports).

Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

We'd see more dedicated healers with larger team sizes. In 4v4v4 with only three teammates and 8 potential opponents, depending on the pugs you queue in with to secure kills isn't a safe bet.

BGs should have been 8vs8 from the start. Larger teams also allows for more interesting maps, right now we just have tiny little arenas that might look different, but they all play almost exactly the same.
    Edited by ecru on August 24, 2018 4:47AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see another pvp arena of team v team. no low tier team draggin me down during a decisive fight vs the other competing team, no team playing sneaky waiting for the other team to fight to do objectives/kills.

and also it would be less zergs in the objective games where people would be more forced to rotate control points.

in my opinion, game mode wise, both neverwinter domination/guild wars2 5v5 are the best modes are there, and I would love to see something similar in ESO
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be interesting, I would endorse such idea.
    Same is with group duels, 2v2 and similar.
    For the benefit of folk who dislike duels inside banks and similar, these may be restricted to player houses.