The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BG medal adjustments suggestion for non-team deathmatch modes

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Morning battlegrounds players.

As many of you have noticed, battlegrounds points, with the exception of team deathmatch, are extremely skewed toward objectives and healers. This doesn't sit right with me for several reasons:
1. It promotes you to let team mates die so you can take the ball/relic
2. If you do a good job protecting your objective your not awarded points, you're only rewarded for killing someone after you failed to protect it.
3. It gives you no points if you leave a point you helped secure but your team showed up to assist in the capture, meaning get less incentive to spread out
4. You'd get more points for letting the other team take an objective and recapture.
5. It over all does not reward players for killing and attacking players on non objective areas, and sometimes not even then.

So to this effect, here are some point change ideas. The values don't matter too much to me but I tried to reward most for killing other players near objectives and had it drop off, but still reward, when off objective. This is not an attempt to make this a team deathmatch, these modes will never be that, but we shouldn't punish high damage fraggers who are still an essential part of wining.

Overall Changes
- A flat 500 medals for winning a match to all participants, nothing for 2nd or 3rd
- A medal multiplier by 1.25-1.5 for teams missing a member until the slot gets filled up (only applies for medals in that time frame)
- A medal deduction on a timer if you stay in spawn or away from objectives and fights for an excessive amount of time (starts at a minute and a half?) (Iffy given load screen bugs)

Domination/Crazy King
- Vigilant defender: 20 medals for killing a flag defender
- Defensive execution: 10 medals for killing an attacker on a capture point
- Meddler: 5 medals for killing anyone in the arena
- Kill assists: half the medals of the above I'd you don't get the killing blow. 
- Capture assist: 25-50 medals for helping capture a point you did not stay on (but still captured)

Chaos Ball
- Ball defender: 20 medals killing any player in the damage radius of the ball you control
- Ball denier: 10 medals kill any enemy in radius of the ball you don't control
- Ball meddler: 5 medals killing anyone outside the radius of the ball damage ring.
- Assists: half the medals of the above I'd you don't get the killing blow.

Capture the Relic
- Carrier protector: 10 medals for killing an enemy in range or the carrier
- Carry denier: 10 medals killing enemies in range relic 
- Relic defender: 20 medals killing enemies in range of your relic
- Relic attacker: 15 medals killing an enemy in range of their own relic
- Relic assister: half the above points for assisting in a kill be not killing a player
Meddler: 5 medals for killing anyone not near an objective.
- Relic toucher: 5 medals for attempting to pick up a relic
- Relic basher: 5 medals for stopping a player from grabbing the relic

Hopefully with these tweaks the non-deathmatch battlegrounds will be more profitable to any role a player takes instead of rewarding to just a carrier and a healer. Also notell the values here are examples and not set in stone by me, adjust men's can be made if the core concept is there.

Thank you for your time.
Edited by HeroOfNone on August 17, 2018 3:58PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me... it's more important to win the match than to do more points.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A multiplier for missing a player until the slot is filled can be exploited easily, especially by premades.

It just takes a second account and have that account drop at the start of the match.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    For me... it's more important to win the match than to do more points.

Hence a medal bonus for winning, which helps if you're going for leaderboards.
    idk wrote: »
    A multiplier for missing a player until the slot is filled can be exploited easily, especially by premades.

It just takes a second account and have that account drop at the start of the match.

The boost is only till another joins in and while you could make an alt and drop, you'd still be playing at a handicap until another solo queue joins in, which could be instantly with how the priority seems to go to fill up active matches. You'd get low benefit from intentionally doing it, but less discouraged when a guy rage quits.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit