The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

set combination question

HansProlo
HansProlo
✭✭
Hi,

forget about which class, but what do you think about:

Troll King
Orgnum
Light of Cyrodill or anything other with more damage

backbar: vigor rally introspection

idea: instead of blocking I channel introspection and with orgnum and troll king plus if needed vigor and rally I should be quite unkillable and can never run out of ressources
channeling introspection gives me 45 percent damage reduction, about 65 to 70 as a whole.

heavy armor for high resistances

frontbar something with burst damage, single target / or AoE dots but only when in groups because I would never kill someone …

what do you think about it?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You won't be as tanky as you think. Don't forget there is also defile. If you ask me, nothing can replace blocking. If you aren't blocking, once you take damage equivalent to your health you're instantly dead, and that is not hard for a zerg or even 4 people dropping dawnbreaker + 1 stamplar's light to accompish on anyone. Only if you are blocking will you survive those scenarios.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    You won't be as tanky as you think. Don't forget there is also defile. If you ask me, nothing can replace blocking. If you aren't blocking, once you take damage equivalent to your health you're instantly dead, and that is not hard for a zerg or even 4 people dropping dawnbreaker + 1 stamplar's light to accompish on anyone. Only if you are blocking will you survive those scenarios.

blocking and major protection are about 5-6% total mitigation away from each other once you account for battlespirit and your resists.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

i think it must be about 5000 heal per second or more while taking only 30-35% damage. I mean, you dont have to survive a zerg, just for BG to help your teammates catch up or kill stuff. And when the focus is gone, DPS yourself.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Vamp MagNB Sap Tank and trade Cyros Light for Hist Sap... could be fun.

I actually tried the health regen Org/Troll on my StamDK a long time ago, it was, okay.. Open world is different from BGs though, a health regen tank might be more viable having a max of 8 people beating on you.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

blocking and major protection are about 5-6% total mitigation away from each other once you account for battlespirit and your resists.

Yeah, but blocking has the added benefit of stopping stun. If he doesn't actively heal even with that much passive regen he will die to 2-3 people that focus on him. Not that hard to find yourself in that situation in even BGs.
    HansProlo wrote: »

i think it must be about 5000 heal per second or more while taking only 30-35% damage. I mean, you dont have to survive a zerg, just for BG to help your teammates catch up or kill stuff. And when the focus is gone, DPS yourself.

Even 5K passive regen is not enough to ignore blocking in 50+ BGs. I know because I go there with more than that and I still get melted once 8 people focus on me (and it will happen if people notice you aren't dying). You still need to actively heal once you are focused on. Actually, all it would take to kill you if you aren't blocking is enough bleeds stacked to negate your passive healing and focused damage on you OR enough damage equivalent to your HP in an instant (multiple ultimate dump, but its easier for enemies to achieve this if they stack mages wrath + drop your hp into execute range and you know this will happen in BGs). In his case this will be a bigger deal because they can simply interrupt him and kill him while he is breaking free.

That's ignoring the fact that he might be completely ignored or simply immobilized spammed and jumped by 8+ people where he cannot simply sit and channel in other modes like capture the relic and crazy king, and that any organized BG team will defile him the moment they notice he has a lot of passive healing. Any organized team will also simply stack DoTs + execute, defile, ult, etc. - no amount of healing gonna stop that. Trust me when I say this: 4+ dawnbreaker is fatal and even if you survive it, you will die very soon from the DoT and execute spam after. He can slot shield ult for these moments, but he still would need to actively heal because you can still be interrupted with shield ult up.

Now he can try it, but he will have limited success. Even less success if his objective is winning BGs because he won't be helping his team in BGs at all. BGs is a team environment. His build will contribute nothing to the team, but the bigger problem is the fact that he would have to be channeling 24/7 to get both the damage reduction and the health regen. That simply isn't realistic unless you are facing people who have no idea how to interrupt and defile.
    SneaK wrote: »
    Non Vamp MagNB Sap Tank and trade Cyros Light for Hist Sap... could be fun.

I actually tried the health regen Org/Troll on my StamDK a long time ago, it was, okay.. Open world is different from BGs though, a health regen tank might be more viable having a max of 8 people beating on you.

Hist sap is a more solid idea in my opinion too. Considering all the snares, immobilize, and stuns he would do better wearing this set than one that is conditional. In fact, I think that hist sap might be one of the most overpowered pvp sets in the game right now and am surprised no one is crying for a nerf yet.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bash is also a very solid counter to meditate

TK + Org is an old school combo and doesn't really need much more to go for it.

If you're doing BGs you gonna need something like Bone Pirate for stats or something like caluurion to kill

I was considering Impregnable well-fitted, tk, org, but not enough killing power
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

If you're doing BGs you gonna need something like Bone Pirate for stats or something like caluurion to kill

I was considering Impregnable well-fitted, tk, org, but not enough killing power

would you say that tk org and a damage set would be ok?
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

would you say that tk org and a damage set would be ok?

Yh definitely, I used to run Catrick Scott's build and had great success with it. It was troll with orgnums and viper but you can put whatever dmg set you want.
    Edited by devilsTear on August 18, 2018 2:29PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

forget about which class, but what do you think about:

Troll King
    Orgnum
    Light of Cyrodill or anything other with more damage

backbar: vigor rally introspection

idea: instead of blocking I channel introspection and with orgnum and troll king plus if needed vigor and rally I should be quite unkillable and can never run out of ressources
    channeling introspection gives me 45 percent damage reduction, about 65 to 70 as a whole.

heavy armor for high resistances

frontbar something with burst damage, single target / or AoE dots but only when in groups because I would never kill someone …

what do you think about it?

Here's a nice troll build along the same lines

https://youtu.be/k-msr2CsuOI
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.