The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

looking for cyrodil pvp build for stam sorc

MrDenimChicken
MrDenimChicken
✭✭✭✭✭
hey all,

I just got my stamsorc max undaunted. I wanted to run a DW + 2h stamsorc build. I was thinking 5/2 heavy medium Shackle + Fury, or Fury + toothrow. Crit surge would seem like it would synergize well with crit, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if 5/2 medium heavy would be better tho, since one of stam sorcs major advantages is speed. But Shackle/Fury on medium would seem way squishier. For that reason maybe armor master + shackle would be better on medium?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance:)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally would go medium for speed and dodge roll. I personally like x2 Swift

Remember once you get approximately 6m away just about everything becomes dodgeable

Squishy isn't too much of a threat
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember once you get approximately 6m away just about everything becomes dodgeable

recommend any sets to start out with?
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor stamsorc with swift jewelry is pretty good as well.

I’d try prisoner set (jewelries and backbar weapon) with a 5pc heavy armor damage set on the body, and a frontbar 2pc depending on the weapon you’re running. Finally, troll king or bloodspawn for the monster set.

I’m in no means a stam sorc guy though so take that into consideration. xD
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

recommend any sets to start out with?

Bone Pirate is always a good choice
    Automaton is a good offensive choice
    Impregnable and fortified brass are good defensive sets

NMG, Alchemist and Brass, are good crafted sets if you need a cheap alternative

These are good sets to start off with as they are very consistent.

Troll king, bloodspawn and Selene are usually the top picks for Stam. I also like Slimecraw for Stamsorc.

I'm currently running:
    Impregnable, Eternal Hunt and Velidreth. Silver leash is my new favorite Stam sorc toy

Edited by Waffennacht on August 18, 2018 4:00AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually looking for one myself. Have had a stam sorc sitting around. Was screwing with Bow and 2hander with DOTs and Skoria but didnt care for it much with stamina. Wasnt procing as much as I would hope and the lack of burst is disturbing. Had it paired with shacklebreaker and prisoners. Thinking about doing selenes, dual wield and 2 hander and go for rapid strikes and dizzying swing for oomph.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think orzoga’s gold food is slept on by stamsorc. Wear two damage sets like fury and truth/heritance and troll king, then two swift so that sprint puts you basically at speed cap when using speed pots. My preference would be dw/2h for back bar value and spin to win. You get a reliable CC with rune cage and essentially infinite sustain from dark deal if you do it when you’re CC immune. You have great intrinsic magicka and stamina sustain from the food and bound armaments/sorc passives. Because you’re at speed cap you end up needing to streak far less.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I think orzoga’s gold food is slept on by stamsorc. Wear two damage sets like fury and truth/heritance and troll king, then two swift so that sprint puts you basically at speed cap when using speed pots. My preference would be dw/2h for back bar value and spin to win. You get a reliable CC with rune cage and essentially infinite sustain from dark deal if you do it when you’re CC immune. You have great intrinsic magicka and stamina sustain from the food and bound armaments/sorc passives. Because you’re at speed cap you end up needing to streak far less.

so running heavy + 2 siwft + speed pots puts you at cap speed? does medium + no swift + speed pots put you at cap speed?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so running heavy + 2 siwft + speed pots puts you at cap speed? does medium + no swift + speed pots put you at cap speed?

I think with 0 swift + medium Sprint speed you should be under cap by 10%, but only when sprinting
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Normal Speed is 100%
    Two swift is 20%
    Expedition is 30%
    -> 150/200%
    Sprint is 40%
    1 piece of medium (very probable) 3% sprint speed
    -> 193/200%

Normal Speed 100%
    No swift 0%
    Expedition 30%
    -> 130/200%
    Sprint 40%
    Medium Armor sprint bonus 15% (5 med) - 21% (7 med)
    -> 191/200%
    Edited by SodanTok on August 19, 2018 2:42PM
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ stam sorc should have hurricane up at all times.. so add minor expedition to that list (10%)...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Normal Speed is 100%
    Two swift is 20%
    Expedition is 30%
    -> 150/200%
    Sprint is 40%
    1 piece of medium (very probable) 3% sprint speed
    -> 193/200%

Normal Speed 100%
    No swift 0%
    Expedition 30%
    -> 130/200%
    Sprint 40%
    Medium Armor sprint bonus 15% (5 med) - 21% (7 med)
    -> 191/200%

thanks:) I appreciate it. So speed difference will be same but heavy will have 2k less stam since it has to go with swift to catch up.

I wonder if the dmg dropoff wearing heavy vs medium is really noticeable. I bet the sustain is but at least there is dark deal to help out.