The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Glyphs for magicka sorc.

LightningAstros
Hello. What's the best choice glyphs front/off bars for magicka sorcerer?
Oblivion/spell dmg/magic dmg + restore magicka?
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    max mgk glyphs for the body and prismatic on the big pieces depending on the build, that is if the big pieces are infused
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if its the best, but I've always gone for infused resto spell-dmg - but I have curse on the back bar so always start the rotation with resto la/curse/barswap.

For front bar, I often go for the mag restore glyph to let me build in a bit more spell-dmg stats at the expense of recov.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Not sure if its the best, but I've always gone for infused resto spell-dmg - but I have curse on the back bar so always start the rotation with resto la/curse/barswap.

For front bar, I often go for the mag restore glyph to let me build in a bit more spell-dmg stats at the expense of recov.

Where I am currently at:

Armor, magic on small, tristat on infused big pieces. Jewerly, I either go three spell damage or 2 and one magic cost reduction (really helps in no CP BGs). Weapons, I go infused resto with a spell damage on back, and nirn staff on front with either an oblivion enchant or one of 2 or 3 poisons. Infused front bar with a shock enchant is also really strong, but infused gives no benefit if you do want to run poisons. I also like the extra spell damage from nirn for the rest of my skills.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Shock/ infused is great for that extra chance to proc inplosion.
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like shock front bar to take advantage of the destro passive "elemental force" which doubles the already high concussion chance from a glyph.

Backbar you can go spell damage as others have mentioned, or maybe poisons - escapist can be useful open world.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)