The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Undaunted chest rewards

abzdeman
abzdeman
✭✭✭
We should be able to pick what shoulders we want but maybe it gives a random trait as the chest has a massive pool of shoulders.

I'll get 1 selenes but like 10 sellestrix not really rng is it?

I understand it's part of the grind but I've spent 200 keys and haven't got the shoulders I need. Not even the type of armour just ridiculous amounts of the same set.

Gg me.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how you feel, I just gave up on getting my shoulders. I play less and less each day. Like many have said it's a chore, and you really dont move forward at all. My luck sucks so RNG never on my side. I like the token idea people had, but sadly it wont happen.

Now here comes everyone to kill you and say they had to do it you do too. As well as the its not grind, play the game, get a guild, bla bla bla. You get the point expect the hate we can only play their way. Change is scary for so many people.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip:

If you play the game for a month and get 0 gear improvements, you're still going to be better at the game and the content at the end of that month.

Just saying.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm really at what doing dungeons? Is it going to increase dps? May have better skill big maybe since it's just pve. Also you cant test all skills if you font have the gear you need to see how it works.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the game, dont mind to grind if you played destiny you really dont mind the grind. The only thing is having to do the same dungeon then to get the same item 10x. They fixed this a little better in destiny they got the hint when so many people spoke out.

No ones asking for free stuff, we still have to run it. We just get to cash in and move forward with our character. I dont get the hate about this.

Many people complain and walk away. Pretty soon it's going to be only the ones against change that are playing and see how that effects the game.

Every game has to evolve at some point.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    West1389 wrote: »
    Hmmm really at what doing dungeons? Is it going to increase dps? May have better skill big maybe since it's just pve. Also you cant test all skills if you font have the gear you need to see how it works.

It will make you a better player, you'll have better reaction times, better know-how of the game and mechanics to where you start to realize you can actually hold your own, survive and do pretty decent without 2 pieces to a monster set.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again you can get better by just playing the game. What's so hard about wanting to get the monster shoulder? the op said 200 keys and nothing. That's some very bad luck. I gave up on getting mine. Didnt do 200 runs but maybe in the 100s. I just do other stuff now and dont Q in for dungeons. Many people prob feel this way that's why the long wait to group up for them.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's no way the OP pulled 200 times from the proper chest and didn't get the monster set they desired. I don't buy it. Maybe it's not in the exact weight and trait but such is life.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really in life I cant work towards something and get it? When I work my 40hrs and get my check it's not a random amount lol. When I go buy a car I dont spin a wheel and take my chances. It's not life at all, life is not based on RNG.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right - good point. In a video game everything should be predictable, easy, and always go your way - JUST like in real life!
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm didnt say that at all. Maybe they should make xp maybe you get xp maybe you dont.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't tell you how many keys I used but it's alot and I never got one blood spawn shoulder at all. Eventually I got them from golden vendor but the rng can be completely ridiculous.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make the whole game random, why not have some fun. Love playing the odds.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't tell you how many keys I used but it's alot and I never got one blood spawn shoulder at all. Eventually I got them from golden vendor but the rng can be completely ridiculous.

I agree but like I said in 2nd post good luck with other people seeing it your way.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are quick to save some random fisherman too lazy to buy/make some Hissmir rye a couple minutes of trial and error by labelling all baits and fishing holes, but they still want people to waste literally weeks or months of playing time with epaulette roulette.

Tells you where their priorities are!

Edited by Jaraal on August 14, 2018 9:10PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you spend a few keys you'll get something you can put on for now, go get the helm to go with it, and wear that until you eventually get your best in slot gear. EDITED TO REMOVE SNARKOSAURUS REX.
    Edited by Krayl on August 14, 2018 9:17PM
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha I knew that was coming we did you have also do.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the reason they give when there is not a good one. Back in the day they took horses or walked doesn't make me want to.
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    there's no way the OP pulled 200 times from the proper chest and didn't get the monster set they desired. I don't buy it. Maybe it's not in the exact weight and trait but such is life.

I have 8 characters I actively play. I do a lot of pledges on each of my toons. How is that unbelievable?

Nope I did not get a selenes shoulder arm cops not once. I did get heavy and a light. I could have also just farmed another helmet but that's not the point I'm making.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game reads your mind and doesn't give you what you need. It's not rng. In order to get what you want you need to give up on it first. Always works. Try it.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »
    The game reads your mind and doesn't give you what you need. It's not rng. In order to get what you want you need to give up on it first. Always works. Try it.

Lol I think it knows my toon and doesn't want to give me what I need. Have to go in naked to trick it, but still no luck.
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    took me over 400 keys to get medium divines kraghs when that monster set came out.problem is you don't run enough undaunted dailys if you did you'd have enough keys to get what you want.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

Lol I think it knows my toon and doesn't want to give me what I need. Have to go in naked to trick it, but still no luck.

By giving up I mean it. You should be like "Heck! I'll use something else." And a few weeks later when you want Valkyn Skoria for your other toon with no thougts of Selene in your mind, you will get your Selene shoulders.

For example at first I get 1 medium shoulder after using 150 keys. Later I wanted to get Stormfist shoulder I got 6 Selene shoulder 2 of them being divines. And I collect my Valkyn Skoria pieces when I first spent 150 keys for Selene shoulders.

That's just how it works.
    Edited by ankeor on August 15, 2018 11:09PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    took me over 400 keys to get medium divines kraghs when that monster set came out.problem is you don't run enough undaunted dailys if you did you'd have enough keys to get what you want.

That's a medium divine kraghs, what about just medium kragh?

OP is saying he wants medium selene and is upset over the heavy and light selene received. Partly it is an issue of stockpiling up more keys, but partly it is an issue of the OP should wear the non-perfect Selene shoulder until the selene arm cops come along. And be happy that it can be made into the desired trait instead of being stuck with Sturdy or Reinforced or Training or Invigorating.
    Xbox NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone to spend 200 keys ans has not received one shoulder in the set bjnus they want or even set bonus and weight l I’d say they have the worst luck ever if they’re using the wrong chest.

Trait is irrelevant since we can change traits now. Make sure your using the right chest.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    For someone to spend 200 keys ans has not received one shoulder in the set bjnus they want or even set bonus and weight l I’d say they have the worst luck ever if they’re using the wrong chest.

Trait is irrelevant since we can change traits now. Make sure your using the right chest.

The op HAS received shoulders in the set they want. They want selene and they got selene. They want medium, they got heavy and light, and have decided to complain rather than adapt.
    Xbox NA
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why adapt after 200 keys that's 200 chances and got no med that's bad odds. I know some of you are hardcore into the adapt and keep grinding. That's what you did, and want others to do the same, but it turns others away. So the other question will you enjoy a game with only the hardcore players?

The casual players, and the ones that have limited time to do things are a big part of the game. You lose them and the game will start to die slow.

Like I have said before people dont keep doing the same stuff forever they get bored and move on. They go find another game to play, and you all cheer for that. So let's cheer for when there are just the hardcore crowd and no longer do things.

The forums are a scary place to voice any opinion people attack ideas they dont agree with. That's why some say nothing. They get the usual comments git gud, LTP, dont be scrub, you want free stuff. I think the big majority of players that dont comment feel this game needs improvements on so much.

I logged in yesterday thought give it one more shot at the keys, said forget it logged off and unsubscribe to +. The family members I play with did the same. That's 3 of us so loss of $45 a month for the game. Now you can cheer, but that money was helping them out with the game. Just not paying to do the same thing over and over again and get nowhere.
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Why adapt after 200 keys that's 200 chances and got no med that's bad odds. I know some of you are hardcore into the adapt and keep grinding. That's what you did, and want others to do the same, but it turns others away. So the other question will you enjoy a game with only the hardcore players?

The casual players, and the ones that have limited time to do things are a big part of the game. You lose them and the game will start to die slow.

Like I have said before people dont keep doing the same stuff forever they get bored and move on. They go find another game to play, and you all cheer for that. So let's cheer for when there are just the hardcore crowd and no longer do things.

The forums are a scary place to voice any opinion people attack ideas they dont agree with. That's why some say nothing. They get the usual comments git gud, LTP, dont be scrub, you want free stuff. I think the big majority of players that dont comment feel this game needs improvements on so much.

I logged in yesterday thought give it one more shot at the keys, said forget it logged off and unsubscribe to +. The family members I play with did the same. That's 3 of us so loss of $45 a month for the game. Now you can cheer, but that money was helping them out with the game. Just not paying to do the same thing over and over again and get nowhere.

My arguement here is gonna be short and simple. If he is a casual player, why does he need a medium selenes shoulder in the first place. He has a heavy and a light and could probably run a 5-1-1 setup which is probably A LOT better for a casual player as youll get more stats like health. The ONLY reason he wants a medium shoulder is because he saw a post somewhere from a Min/Max player that said he NEEDS to run a 6-1 setup. So if hes a casual than what is the difference? He has the monster set he just chooses not to wear it and complain on the forums because his build isnt the exact same as that build he saw online.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should reread my post, I didnt say he was casual. He could be a player with limited time 2 different types. I'm not a casual but with kids in school, and wife I dont have much time. I hope she goes shopping so I can have a few hours to play. I want good gear for when I do get the time I can enjoy the end game type stuff. If I have to spend all.my time trying to get my stuff I can never get to end game.
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

First part of your post....kinda mentions casual and hardcore players...
    Edited by XGCAlbatr0ss on August 15, 2018 1:59PM
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes never said I didnt say casual it may be hard to read it all, but it's there that says time restricted players as well.