Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Golden Gryphon Garret

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I have been postponing this one until after Wolfhunter, and that Culanda requirement nerf. Still not enough, but you get what you can. This will also be my only home in Summerset, I can't be bothered with the headache of Culandas to furnish larger homes like the town apartment, the grotto or the Psijic villa.

For an inn room, the Golden Gryphon Garret is pretty nice though, it has a good size and you can put a decent amount of decorations in it. It has some large flat wall area, which most other inn rooms miss, so you can put up a lot of paintings and tapestries.

As my other inn rooms, I tried and make this one as luxurious as possible, with the Alinor type of furniture. Many of them have large overhangs, which I tried to make useful, as a perch for the pet gryphon, as well as for storage for various objects and trinkets.

Overview of the room:
YyJQlQJ.jpg

The entrance seen from above. The large filled bookcase dominates one wall:
jD0SF33.jpg

Another aerial shot:
zQ63eQt.jpg

Mirrors and a painting on the walls near the bed:
wN2XNhc.jpg

Details of the nightstand:
MkZF58i.jpg

Gryphon tapestry above the bookcase:
zPataM3.jpg

A small relaxation area divided off from the bed and sleeping area. Small fountain and gryphon figurine:
GsENVlb.jpg

Lots of books for a magical scholar:
QIIYtBb.jpg

Vases, mirrors and an ancestor clock:
7dcsmKH.jpg

Sitting in the noble chair:
h5XQq2O.jpg

Relaxing with the pet kitten, while the gryphon takes to the air:
BicWRhE.jpg
Edited by Carbonised on August 15, 2018 12:45PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice how the wainscoting goes so far up the wall that if you hang a mirror, only an Altmer can use it? (Or Lyris)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Notice how the wainscoting goes so far up the wall that if you hang a mirror, only an Altmer can use it? (Or Lyris)

The mirrors have deliberately been placed a bit high on the wall. They are more for ornamental rather than practical use.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice! You have several items there that I've not seen the plans for ever on XB NA. The mirrors and the drinkware, for example, though I have looted one blue quality chalice sketch. Also, I've not seen any of the figurine sketches, though my husband did loot one of them on PC NA - the first plan he looted in SS, during the tutorial.

Thanks for sharing! I'm waiting for the update on console to start decorating my garret. I have most of the basic Alinor plans (beds, tables, chairs, etc.). What I have left are mostly the structural plans and decorative plans (figurines, drinkware, mirrors, table runners, etc.), which are predominantly purple. I may have about half of the plans, but prices on console haven't dipped much below 100k for purples and extend to 600-800k, even 1m for some. Now, with the update looming and the big nerf to plan farming that's coming, prices are starting to increase a bit. I've got mostly what I want, for now, and will have to wait for the furnishing documents (hopefully they will do this for the Alinor plans).

I did purchase the Townhouse furnished with crowns, and I've rearranged it to my liking. I still need to add some details, but for the most part, the furniture that came with the house was quite plentiful and covers the basics quite well. There are very few areas where I feel I need to craft basic furnishings (like chairs, beds, etc.).
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe

The mirrors are Crown Store exclusives. There are no crafting recipes for them in the game. The drinkware, I imagine you mean the 2 chalices or cups, are jewelrycrafting sketches. All the figurines have sketches as well, I only used a single one in this home, as well as the scrimshaw jewelry box.

The table runners also do not have any recipes, there are 2 in the Crown Store that look a bit similar to the Redoran/Telvanni ones, and there is one new one that looks like the gold and red Vvardenfell table decoration thing, but in silver and blue instead. That one also has no recipe, only Crown Store bought. I didn't buy any of these for this home, however.

Luckily I did collect all the Alinor plans a while back, I don't really have any gold issues any more, so I could afford the prices. In fairness, I still do hope they will release Summerset furnishing plans eventually too, like Vvardenfell, that would only be fair.
    I don't imagine I will use the Alinor plans much though, I don't plan on getting any more Alinor or Summerset homes. The sketches for jewelry boxes and figurines are nice, they can fit my other homes too, and I will most likely save all my Culandas for that in the future, but the Summerset type furniture I don't imainge I will use much, apart from this small inn room.

The first home I imagine will come next from me is the Exorcised Cottage in halloween time, I'm looking forward to making a thematic home that will look very unlike the other luxurious homes I have made so far. The halloween and witch themed furnishing look pretty hillarious, so this will be a fun one.
    After that, I will present my Clockwork Observatory, but I'm waiting for the Sotha Sil furnishing pack as well as the new CWC items that have been datamined to appear at the luxury vendor later this year, so it most likely won't be until november/december before I can finish that one.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Wow, @Carbonised, Great work as always! We thought the gryphon was an especially nice touch and can't wait to see your next decorated home.
    Staff Post
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Wow, @Carbonised, Great work as always! We thought the gryphon was an especially nice touch and can't wait to see your next decorated home.

Gryphon pet, gryphon figurine, gryphon tapestry. I like to keep with the theme ;)
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice! That is my main home at the moment. I plan on buying the Alinor Townhouse.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Carbonised Thanks for letting me know that the mirrors and table runners are CS exclusive (I only mentioned the table runners since I've seen pictures of them on ESO Fashion, but I hadn't seen any plans for them). I'm assuming that the Alinor bathing robes is also CS exclusive?

I look forward to seeing what you do with the cottage. I bought that last year, but I haven't figured out what I want to do with it. I don't really care for Halloween, so I had thought about doing something Wyrd themed, but just haven't felt inspired to do anything with it yet.

I'll also be interested to see your Orbservatory Prior. I haven't bought that one and only have the clockwork panel plan that everyone got tons of during the last anniversary event. :D
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe Yes the bathing robes on the rack are store exclusives too. As are all the paintings, other than the free one you get through the quest.

Doing the cottage depends on them releasing it again this year, as I didn't bother getting it last year. I do assume it will return with the holiday, however. The Halloween furnishing pack turned me onto it, I just like the whole pumpkin lantern, scarecrow, wraith of crows dummy theme, lots of interesting pieces in that one, could make for some great atmosphere. Without the pack, and the witches pack as well, the cottage would be much too boring to decorate I think.

The Observatory I didn't plan on getting either, at first. But then I started collecting CWC recipes, until I finally had them all, and then it made sense to buy it, since the CWC items also aren't too difficult or expensive to make. It is also a home with a very different and unique vibe, You can go really crazy with ideas here, lots of laboratory, experimental stuff you can create. Also, for a top tier home, it does seem to be quite restricted in actual space, much like Tel Galen, so I don't foresee a lot of empty space even with detailed decorating, which is always nice. Many of the CWC furniture are animated as well, and audible, so it makes for a great atmospheric home with lots of stuff going on, instead of other homes that are usually just silent and inanimate.
    But if anyone wants to do the Observatory, they really should either have all the CWC recipes themselves, or get the services of someone who has them. I recently helped out a friend with crafting CWC furniture for their Observatory as well. CWC furniture can be both expensive and rare at the traders, so it's best to be able to make it yourself, or know someone who can.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was 50 spaces instead of 15 :(
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »

It's 30 for ESO+. I used 30 slots in the pictures above. I wouldn't have minded 3-4 more slots, but I think you can actually manage to make this home look pretty good with just 30. As you can see, there's a lot of clutter and decorations in my home.
    15 slots is much too little, though. I wouldn't really attempt on decorating any home in this game without ESO+, it's simply no worth it. Even with ESO+ it's often a struggle.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

It's 30 for ESO+. I used 30 slots in the pictures above. I wouldn't have minded 3-4 more slots, but I think you can actually manage to make this home look pretty good with just 30. As you can see, there's a lot of clutter and decorations in my home.
    15 slots is much too little, though. I wouldn't really attempt on decorating any home in this game without ESO+, it's simply no worth it. Even with ESO+ it's often a struggle.

I mean like 50 spaces default and 100 spaces with ESO+. Looks very good btw.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

I mean like 50 spaces default and 100 spaces with ESO+. Looks very good btw.

I know what you mean. I'm just saying that even with 30 slots, it's possible to at least make something that looks alright. And thanks.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50/100 are the slot limits for the apartments, so I can see why they make the free inn rooms less than that. But, I think 25/50 would be better (or even 20/40), esp. for Saint Delyn's. They won't do that, however, as the free inn rooms with such limited slots is designed to encourage people to at least invest in an apartment.