The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

getting a new laptop for ESO

Munise
Munise
So recently my old laptop broke and i've been looking for a new one. I'm not really good with them and i don't know much about them and i just want to ask and make sure if this laptop is good enough to play eso. It's a laptop an acquaintance of mine has offered. I asked few friends about it and they say it's a decent laptop for gaming.

Dell Inspiron 7570 i7-7700HQ 15.6" FHD 8GB SSD 240GB GeForce 1050 Titan
leaving a link below too:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/dell-g5-gaming/spd/g-series-15-5587-laptop
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about technology anymore but not sure how to read what you said. I clicked on the link but it just sends me to the home page so I can't see the specs.

So what is 8 GB? Is that the RAM or SSD? Is the SSD 240GB? How fast is the processor? I am guessing at the moment that it's "ok" and ESO should play but without knowing more, will not be able to really say or not.

Doing a quick check my Googlefu is not working. It might be an ok video card. Or it could be an awesome video card. My guess it's an ok video card. I can't find the dates that say it's awesome, so it could have been awesome for back in the day.

All I can say is if you are just using this laptop for ESO, why not install the game, and try it out? See how it goes.

What I need is the processor speed. Is it 2.4 ghz for example. How much RAM it has? How much GB does the video card have?

My laptop is a 2.8 ghz goes up to 3.5 ghz. It has 16 gigs of RAM playing on an HDD drive not SSD. My video card is a nVidia GTX 960 with 2 gigs of ram on it. I play on medium to high settings. I tried ultra high settings and it plays but very slowly. So I knocked down the settings.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Davor on August 15, 2018 9:40PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I don't know much about technology anymore but not sure how to read what you said. I clicked on the link but it just sends me to the home page so I can't see the specs.

So what is 8 GB? Is that the RAM or SSD? Is the SSD 240GB? How fast is the processor? I am guessing at the moment that it's "ok" and ESO should play but without knowing more, will not be able to really say or not.

Doing a quick check my Googlefu is not working. It might be an ok video card. Or it could be an awesome video card. My guess it's an ok video card. I can't find the dates that say it's awesome, so it could have been awesome for back in the day.

All I can say is if you are just using this laptop for ESO, why not install the game, and try it out? See how it goes.

What I need is the processor speed. Is it 2.4 ghz for example. How much RAM it has? How much GB does the video card have?

My laptop is a 2.8 ghz goes up to 3.5 ghz. It has 16 gigs of RAM playing on an HDD drive not SSD. My video card is a nVidia GTX 960 with 2 gigs of ram on it. I play on medium to high settings. I tried ultra high settings and it plays but very slowly. So I knocked down the settings.

Hope this helps. [\spoiler]

Processor: i7-7700HQ
    Ram: 8gb
    Gfx: titan 1050

Yes it can run eso no problem.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for late reply. If the price is good and ESO runs no problem, then yea I would get it. All depends on price though.
    Edited by Davor on August 19, 2018 2:30PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those specs should play eso without issue, but you need to give some thought to thermal management. The onboard fans on a gaming laptop are almost never adequate for graphics heavy games, and cooling is a particular weakness for Dell laptops over the years.

As a side note, I didn't realize they made a Titan in a laptop form factor, very cool.
    Edited by Reverb on August 19, 2018 2:52PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

As a side note, I didn't realize they made a Titan in a laptop form factor, very cool.

The Acer Predator 21x is a 'laptop' with 2 1080ti's! Not really sure if you could call it a laptop though.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!