The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will an Acer Aspire 5 run ESO?

ReverseVenom
ReverseVenom
✭✭✭
My last laptop ran it for a while before failing to update because the system requirements improved. This was back in 2015, been playing on xbox for the past three years. I just got a new laptop for university and was wondering if it can run eso

it is an Acer Aspire 5
12Gb DDR4 Memory
1000 GB HDD
Intel UHD Graphics
Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6Hz with turbbo boost up to 3.4GHz (8th gen)

I have the launcher going rn and it is on 5 percent but I'm kinda paranoid after last time

just before the inevitable comment I wasn't thinking about eso when I bought the laptop it was just on a back to school sale for a really good price and picked it up
Nerf mudcrabs
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be OK. You need to make sure you have a gfoods Internet connection.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intel graphics card? Better be careful. Not sure it will run very well. I am guessing you will be playing on min graphic settings. I could be wrong, but Intel graphic cards are not good for gaming. All I can say is don't expect much but maybe be surprised.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • defragekbeb17_ESO
    defragekbeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I believe it will run it on low or medium settings as I play on MacBook with Intel HD 4000 graphics that was released on 2012.
    On Windows I have about 15 fps on Medium settings, when I play on macOS I have about 20-25 fps on the same settings.
    Your graphics is more powerful and recent, so you must get better results.
    Depends on the screen resolution, mine is 1280x800. If yours is higher, the performance might be lower. Anyway your laptop must be able to run it
  • Rivvqah
    Rivvqah
    Soul Shriven
    I wouldn't trust an integrated chipset tbh. I used to play on one, the game ran on low settings, but still had massive fps drop when things got heated, like on a dungeon or a world boss, with multiple people around. These chipsets just aren't made to render graphics. You can try though--it's probably still better than my old gear, so it may be able to run the game at an acceptable level. Just don't expect fireworks. :)