Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob question

heartburnkid
heartburnkid
✭✭✭
How do you get into a trial?

And why can’t we just que into one via lfg? Would love to run one soon....what kind of gear drops in them and how long are they? How would difficulty compare to say, a heroic dungeon (4-man)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials don't have a group finder option. People usually try shouting out in zone in craglorn for trials.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its basically a 12 man dungeon, if you join a trials guild I am sure they can teach you all you need to know.
    Xbox One Na
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see a lot of lfg requests when new trials come out. Less so the rest of the time. Ask around, lots of groups need 1 more for trials and aren't that picky for the 12th. Gear from trials is mostly junk, but a couple are best in slot. Google details about trial sets for your build.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials don't have an Group finder because they usually require more co-ordination than your average 4-man dungeon. The best way to get into one (with a full group) is scream LFG in zone chats where trials exist (no I'm not joking) or join a guild that does trials.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you get into a trial?

And why can’t we just que into one via lfg? Would love to run one soon....what kind of gear drops in them and how long are they? How would difficulty compare to say, a heroic dungeon (4-man)

We can't queue into a trial through groupfinder because, well...have you ever tried to use groupfinder to get a random group for a DLC dungeon? How'd that turn out?

If you haven't, it normally doesn't turn out that well. Trials involve 12 people, all of whom need to more-or-less be able to fill their roles, coordinate their movements, coordinate their gear sets, and work together as a team. Its a whole order of complexity greater than 4-man dungeons.

So Trial groups form up in guilds or they form up in zone chat through LFG. That has the benefit of letting them vet members as they join, figure out what's needed in the group, and coordinate better than they could from groupfinder. I suggest either looking for a guild that runs trials or answering an LFG in craglorn or summerset (the two zones most trials groups often lfg in right now).

Trials and gear: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Trials

Difficulty varies, from trial to trial. If you have a group you want to join, you'll want to ask what minimum DPS requirement they have or what tank/healer sets they want.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Since you haven’t done one before and haven’t asked in guild chat, do this step by step:

1. Travel to craglorn or summerset
    2. in craglorn zone chat type “dps lfg nAA, nSO, or nHRC”; if in summerset type “dps lfg nCR” (if you are a healer in dungeons you can change out the dps for healer, for normal trials it should be fine. I would advise against pugging as tank until you have done the trial a few times)
    3. Once you get the invite, ask in group chat what the discord (if any) channel is (I highly recommend having mic and discord ready to go, it will make learning a trial so much more fun and you meet people who can teach you a lot... never once have I heard some say ‘google it’ on discord)
    4. Travel to the leader when they are in the trial area.
    5. Kick some trial monster butt.

Sets you want to keep are:
    For stam:
    Vicious ophidian
    Twice-fanged serpent
    Advancing yokeda
    Reloquen

For mag:
    Infallible aether
    Mending (healing mage) [healer set]
    Siroria
    Olorime (Orolime?) [healer set]

Other sets can be used for niche builds, but the ones mentions are top tier sets.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several unnecessary comments from this thread. Please keep this discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the good comments above I want to warn you about something. Yes in craglorn you can join any of the constant and popular spammed NORMAL trials and you'll be carried mostly but you will have no clue when or why things go wrong and this doesn't prepare you for ever joining a trial on Veteran where you absolutely need to understand what is going on.

Therefore I cannot stress enough that you first read up on the tactics of all trials on any site such as www.alcasthq.com for instance and join that trial after reading up. Then you will start to notice things you otherwise wouldn't and you will avoid making stupid mistakes that kill everyone.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the good comments above I want to warn you about something. Yes in craglorn you can join any of the constant and popular spammed NORMAL trials and you'll be carried mostly but you will have no clue when or why things go wrong and this doesn't prepare you for ever joining a trial on Veteran where you absolutely need to understand what is going on.

Therefore I cannot stress enough that you first read up on the tactics of all trials on any site such as www.alcasthq.com for instance and join that trial after reading up. Then you will start to notice things you otherwise wouldn't and you will avoid making stupid mistakes that kill everyone.

Sounds like a good idea. Haven’t gotten into one yet, but will keep on trying!
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heartburnkid I'd highly advise getting into a guild that occasionally runs trials, or answering a LFG call for a NORMAL trial. AA, HRC or CR are the easiest to start with. You can find the mechanics on Alcasthq.com

Reason for saying guild or normal trial is people will be forgiving of lack of experience or needing to be taught mechanics, where as in a vet trial or a harder trial you'll be expected to know mechanics (unless it's a progression group or with a guild).

What platform do you play on? If Xbox EU I can get you into a trial tomorrow afternoon.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Silumgahr
    Silumgahr
    Like others said, join a guild or lfg in Craglorn. If you're in Na ps4 and have a guild slot open I can send you an invite. We run normal trials three nights a week and a majority of our members are new to trials so we take it slow and explain mechanics.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @heartburnkid I'd highly advise getting into a guild that occasionally runs trials, or answering a LFG call for a NORMAL trial. AA, HRC or CR are the easiest to start with. You can find the mechanics on Alcasthq.com

Reason for saying guild or normal trial is people will be forgiving of lack of experience or needing to be taught mechanics, where as in a vet trial or a harder trial you'll be expected to know mechanics (unless it's a progression group or with a guild).

What platform do you play on? If Xbox EU I can get you into a trial tomorrow afternoon.
    Silumgahr wrote: »
    Like others said, join a guild or lfg in Craglorn. If you're in Na ps4 and have a guild slot open I can send you an invite. We run normal trials three nights a week and a majority of our members are new to trials so we take it slow and explain mechanics.

UsPs4. Would be nice to get in! I’ll pm you my name.