The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP and DC'ing

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, since you will never fix DC's, how about giving people the AP even if they DC. Can't tell you how many times I DC in the middle of a big fight and by the time I get back the fight is over.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, since you will never fix DC's, how about giving people the AP even if they DC. Can't tell you how many times I DC in the middle of a big fight and by the time I get back the fight is over.

Your mistake is not realizing that ZOS cares more about forum etiquette than gameplay experience in Cyrodiil.
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d suggest providing some details starting with sever, time, what was happening and was it DC to character select, log in or a complete client crash.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is nothing more frustrating than the game crashing right when you are at the end of a huge defense. And then to log back in 5 minutes later through a ton of load screens and menus (and sometimes secondary crashes as you are trying to get into the game) only to find out that the fight ended and you missed out on a 50K AP tick. Especially when that happens and the last hour of your game-play was essentially meaningless with zero AP reward for it due to a server issue.

What needs to happen is you should not be removed from the credit list for defense if you log back in within 10 minutes. Only for involuntary crashes. If you intentionally log out to start or leave Cyrodil entirely, you are obviously removed from the credit list. But if the game crashes you to dashboard and you get back in within 10 minutes you should still receive whatever defensive tick was awarded to other players.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I’d suggest providing some details starting with sever, time, what was happening and was it DC to character select, log in or a complete client crash.

PC/NA Vivec. Primetime. Ran up to a heavily contested keep, everyone froze, crashed to log in screen.

I'd be more precise, but well, thats a pretty common occurrence in Cyrodiil. Has been since...before Morrowind, actually.