Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrading Jewelry?

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I am only level 25 on my jewelry crafting so far. Do i need to be level 50 to upgrade CP 160 jewelry? Also when i put a ring up to upgrade it shows 0 for green, blue, purple mats which i have them in my craft bag, why is that?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to refine the grains in your craft bag into platings (green, blue, purple, gold) before upgrading jewelry.

It's a 10 to 1 ratio of grains to platings.

I think you can upgrade CP160 at level 25 jewelry crafting level ... but without the platings expertise passive maxed, you're not getting the most bang for your buck platings-wise.

Platings are by far the most expensive upgrade material in the game.

If you can wait till the Wolfhunter patch drops on Monday, the upgrade cost goes down by half (ZOS made some revisions here to benefit jewelry crafters): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/426790/pts-patch-notes-v4-1-2/p1

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 11, 2018 9:15PM
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to refine the grains in your craft bag into platings (green, blue, purple, gold) before upgrading jewelry.

I think you can upgrade CP160 at level 25 jewelry crafting level ... but without the platings expertise passive maxed, you're not getting the most bang for your buck platings-wise.

If you can wait till the Wolfhunter patch drops on Monday, the upgrade cost goes down by half (ZOS made some revisions here to benefit jewelry crafters): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/426790/pts-patch-notes-v4-1-2/p1

Ok thanks, i think i have have forgot about refining the grains is why. and i was waiting to get higher level to refine anything to get the best out of it and to upgrade. Its just slow leveling it. Definitely will wait until Wolf hunter, i am on console but that will be the time i will get him about ready finishing mages guild and undaunted so its good timing.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only level 25 on my jewelry crafting so far. Do i need to be level 50 to upgrade CP 160 jewelry? Also when i put a ring up to upgrade it shows 0 for green, blue, purple mats which i have them in my craft bag, why is that?
    Based on your words, I decided that you are newbie in the game
    So
    Do NOT even try to upgrade any jewelry now! This would be 100% waste of lots gold.
    Purple jewelry are easy to get
    When you would be bigger (much more than cp160) and more experienced and would be 100% sure about your build and that it wouldn't be nerfed in the next 5-6 months - then you can try to make your jewelry gold.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!