Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now that you are bringing back loyalty rewards

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
QuakeCon informed us that ESO will bring back loyalty rewards for ESO+ members, though we didn't get the details yet.

Since you are bringing back such a reward type, it's time to bring back the old loyalty reward pets and mounts as well, or at least some updated versions of them. Among the old loyalty rewards were unique models such as the Dwarven Sphere and the Ice Wraith, that have not been seen anywhere else in another reskin or version. I know many would like a chance of these models, personally I'd like the Dwarven Sphere for my collection of automatons.

Now you are bringing back loyalty rewards, it's a great opportunity to give these old models an update in texture and some cool new animations, and put them in the new ESO+ loyalty reward program.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a reskinned dwemer sphere
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 10, 2018 5:13PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

An energized one would make sense, and make it fit the other energized dwarven spider pet and the theodolite as well.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont forget the monkey, never been an other/reskinned monkey since
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are rewards for loyalty and dedication that we earned, please do not defame what is special.
    that dwarven sphere means alot to me and it took alot to earn it. i hope zenimax does not do as this thread is requesting.

the fact that people want these items is the reward in itself as was intended and should be something special that others cannot obtain.
    that is the whole point of it being special.

Edited by Gilvoth on August 10, 2018 5:48PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that dwemer sphere is perfect as is, i hope and pray that zenimax Never reskinns that sphere.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are rewards for loyalty and dedication that we earned, please do not defame what is special.
    that dwarven sphere means alot to me and it took alot to earn it. i hope zenimax does not do as this thread is requesting.

the fact that people want these items is the reward in itself as was intended and should be something special that others cannot obtain.

Someone sure is salty at the prospect of someone else getting the same toys as him, huh.

They are bringing back loyalty rewards in one form or another, deal with it. Sorry if you lose sleep over not feeling as special any more.
    Edited by Carbonised on August 10, 2018 6:18PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that dwemer sphere is perfect as is, i hope and pray that zenimax Never reskinns that sphere.

its ok, you will have your classic sphere and we can get reskins. I really want a sphere and you can have that version of it
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old loyalty rewards can keep the dull dwarven sphere, I want the energized one for new rewards:
    plosGdh.png

Throw a few cool idle animations on it and it's perfect.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monkey was for beta so it really isn't a loyalty reward (previously) and we did have a limited time monkey available at Jester's Festival - albeit a bit garish for some.

Since ESO Beta isn't something you can obtain now, I would like to see that exact monkey stay exclusive, but a recolour could easily be added.

The Subscription rewards that were originally given I have no issue with being given again when the milestone 3, 6, 9, 12 month subscription lengths are met :smiley:

Of course, I am now in Year 4 of subscription and hoping there will be some retro-active consideration. I don't expect a MONTHLY reward for the intervening subscription time but it would be neat to have a yearly milestone one (year 1 = Tiger Mount; Year 2 = ?; Year 3 = ?; Year 4 = ?) and all of them would be obtainable as people progress longer through their subscriptions.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    The Subscription rewards that were originally given I have no issue with being given again when the milestone 3, 6, 9, 12 month subscription lengths are met :smiley: .

That would be fair yes. I'm like 2-3 years of subbing into the game already.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mwo1480 wrote: »

Wasn't there a brown one at one point?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only monkeys are the beta one and the Jester one. A Blackwood Monkey has been datamined a long time ago but never appeared in game.

Edited by Carbonised on August 10, 2018 9:01PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Only monkeys are the beta one and the Jester one. A Blackwood Monkey has been datamined a long time ago but never appeared in game.

*checks* Must be remembering it from a datamine. Blackwood Monkey
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are bringing back such a reward type, it's time to bring back the old loyalty reward pets and mounts as well, or at least some updated versions of them.

There have been reskinned versions of some items already. The cat mount has had several new skins.

The previous versions should never be released again. They were for loyalty then. Further, it is best that Zos provides us with new items, not copies of the old item.

Yes, I like to use my original Senche mount knowing the number of players who have access to it is limited and anything similar is just a cheap copy.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like to see a flat 20% off the crown store with and ESO+ subscription
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Loyalty is loyalty regardless of when it happens. Loyalty a few years ago is not worth more or less than loyalty now. Those of us who have also been loyal customers deserve a chance to have the things that came from being loyal. It's not like those pets and mount will be any less pretty, which is their TRUE value. A tiger is so many people's favorite animal. It's a Chinese zodiac sign. It's a commonly used symbol. It's any number of beloved cartoon or childhood story characters. If someone with a tiger thinks that its main value is that nobody else gets to have it now, they are not true tiger lovers and are certainly no more deserving than others who would love to have one for personal reasons, NOT as just a gloating trophy to thumb one's nose at other players over.

Edited by Minyassa on August 10, 2018 10:16PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Agreed. Loyalty is loyalty regardless of when it happens. Loyalty a few years ago is not worth more or less than loyalty now. Those of us who have also been loyal customers deserve a chance to have the things that came from being loyal. It's not like those pets and mount will be any less pretty, which is their TRUE value. A tiger is so many people's favorite animal. It's a Chinese zodiac sign. It's a commonly used symbol. It's any number of beloved cartoon or childhood story characters. If someone with a tiger thinks that its main value is that nobody else gets to have it now, they are not true tiger lovers and are certainly no more deserving than others who would love to have one for personal reasons, NOT as just a gloating trophy to thumb one's nose at other players over.

Those loyal now have the opportunity to obtain what Zos provides now. Rewards from the past will remain solidly for those who were loyal then

Zos is smart enough to know that giving old rewards again would say to those that have been here the longest they are not as important as the newer subscribers. Zos also knows that if they gave new players an old reward this month when longer term players like myself get got something newer and fancier they would hear complaints.

So the best, and really only, direction Zos can and will take would be when they give out a reward it will only be for those who are subscribers for that period and will always be something new. It may be reskinned, but never recycled.

So my original sencha mount will still be exclusive.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who feel the need to show off in here. To the point of belittling others. Isn't that a life choice worth RETHINKING perhaps ?

"waaaaah but I'm UNIQUE"

There are NO. WORDS.

Otherwise, interesting to know that the loyalty rewards will be back. Quite curious as to how it'll go.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who feel the need to show off in here. To the point of belittling others. Isn't that a life choice worth RETHINKING perhaps ?

"waaaaah but I'm UNIQUE"

There are NO. WORDS.

Otherwise, interesting to know that the loyalty rewards will be back. Quite curious as to how it'll go.

I agree with dwemer pale that the dwemer sphere should remain unique, but he completely doesn't want any sort of reskin so his pet can be even more unique but you can tell if one is a old loyalty or new loyalty so I can agree with them there
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"waaaaah but I'm UNIQUE"

There are NO. WORDS.

Agree 100%, i honestly could not care in the world who has my pets or mounts.. Jesus its a game for everyone..
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The conditions in which the first loyalty rewards were awarded cannot be replicated.

1. The game was subscription only: you had to pay to play, no choice.
    2. There were no perks for being subscribed: no crowns, no craftbag, no XP bonus, nothing except maybe the privilege to beta test an unfinished game for a whole year :trollface:

Therefore, It doesn't make sense to ask for the same rewards.

Nothing wrong with reskins though.
    I personally would love to see:
    - a white tiger with better textures than the original one (that senche really looks out dated),
    - a dwemer sphere that doesn't bug out inside houses (the original one, when placed in a house remains in its spherical form, no further animation),
    - a black monkey with improved animations (like the jester one)
    - most of all, I would like to see new stuff, anything really, I love surprises :)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with reskins at all.

As I have said elsewhere, when I see someone with the tiger senche or the beta monkey, I know that is someone that was here at the very beginning. Yes I feel a certain solidarity with that player because the game was in bad shape back then but we believed in and stuck with it despite the problems.

Those particular versions should stay exclusive.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me think about the other day when I got a chuckle because someone started t-bagging my dwarven sphere in Summerset while I was fishing.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they go back to exclusive mount and pets as rewards. But I would personally like something new. As nice as the old rewards are (and I don't have any of them), I'd like to see something that we haven't seen before. Keep things interesting.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it’s retroactive. I started to sub because I thought the loyalty rewards were still a thing and I got salty when it wasn’t. They never should have left. Rewarding your paying subscribers is more important than rewarding voyeurs and leeches imho.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Someone sure is salty at the prospect of someone else getting the same toys as him, huh.

They are bringing back loyalty rewards in one form or another, deal with it. Sorry if you lose sleep over not feeling as special any more.
    This is funny, considering this is basically what your OP is about.

It's time for some new things, anyway, instead of just throwing different textures on the old stuff.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"waaaaah but I'm UNIQUE"

There are NO. WORDS.

The reverse is also happening here - with players belittling those who do feel that their time in the game when it was sub-only did actually and should still mean something. Your comment itself is doing the exact same thing you are accusing others of doing. And others here calling them children, etc.

Yes, this is a heated topic, but the belittling is coming from both sides, so let's not kid ourselves that those wanting these items now are somehow more mature than those who want them to remain exclusive.

Now, back to the topic. I'm torn on this because I see both sides. I think that if they do release these old rewards, two things will need to happen. 1) they are earned IN THE EXACT SAME WAY; and 2) veteran players who already have these rewards will be given new items, which will then have to be earned by newer players after they've earned the old ones. In effect, meaning that veteran players will always have something that others don't have due to them having played longer. I do think that the total time spent being subbed should continue to be rewarded if they are going to reward newer players with these same items. Yes, new players now are just as loyal, but you cannot argue that subbing since the beginning doesn't mean anything nor that it doesn't still deserve recognition.

Also, it's unclear to me from the twitter post if there will, indeed, be loyalty rewards. They indicate a free item every month - but what will that be? Will it be an exclusive item? Or just something already in the CS, like an outfit slot? Can anyone get the month's item if they just sub for that month? If so, how is that loyalty? They're just subbing for a month to get the item they want. I think we need more information.

EDITED for grammar and clarity.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 13, 2018 8:36PM