The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reduce Iceheart Monster Set's Cooldown

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    The core problem with this set is not the cooldown, but instead that they have tied the damage component of the proc to the shield. Which means in dangerous PvE fights, a boss will eat through your shield instantly, and stop the proc. Even worse in PvP, the shield is halved, and will instantly vaporize, thus rendering the proc null and void.

In order to make this set at least somewhat viable, the shield and the damage proc need to be separated, so you get the full damage pulses, regardless of whether the shield holds or not.

Wouldn't hurt if the proc was dealt off of frost damage either, instead of critical damage. Would make a whole lot more sense.

Thematically yes, but it would severly limit the amount of builds that would/ could make use of it. Except wardens you would either need a frost staff or run Pulse. Having a chance to proc on every crit broadens the useability.

However, you're absolutely right on everything else in that post.

I've yet to see it used on any other class but Wardens. Or at least someone with a frost staff.

My sorc tank ran it. Good gods above, when you mix hardened, bone shield, and iceheart together...

What you are describing is a snowflake build, that might be fun for soloing world bosses and normal dungeons. But will get eaten alive in any DLC vet dung or vet trial.

What you are demonstrating is a complete disregard for 95% of game content using the word snowflake in an attempt to elevate said 5% of content. Worst part is you are incorrect in your assumption about its performance :)

Would you like to accompany this build (which btw you don't even know the sets or stats to) on a vet hm dungeon with me? So far it has completed regular MoL, vet icp hm, vet WGT hm, vet mazzatun, vet Cradle...

I know you try and pass on a combo of a health based shield (bone), mag based shield (ward) and monster proc as useful and viable for endgame content, and sorry, I'm not buying that bait.

I don't try, I succeed. As for bait, I offered a run and you said nothing about coming to see it :)
    Yes I disregard 95 % of the game, as you can run through it with no tanks, no healers and a bucket and broom as your equipment. In term of builds it's really only the 5 % of the content that matters. Regular MoL and vet ICP, come on, you'll have to do better than that if you want to prove something.

Well,
    But will get eaten alive in any DLC vet dung

And,
    vet WGT hm, vet mazzatun, vet Cradle...

So um.. not sure why the goalposts moved.
    Why don't you just show me someone who actually does build guides, who recommends using Iceheart as your tanking monster set? No? How about someone recommending shieldstacking for endgame content? No one either?

That no one recommends it means little. There are better defensive sets and better offensive sets for sure. Iceheart is neither.
    Or how about you take your shieldstacking sorc against my DK sword and board tank and see who dies first?

Do you mean in pve or pvp? That latter makes absolutely no sense so I assume the former. I offered to run with you so you can see it :)
    Iceheart is a snowflake set, feel free to use it if you don't care about stats,

You still don't even know my stats yet.
    I use it myself on my icewarden just for the lulz

, but don't try and pass it on as neither a "good" nor "alright" set for min/maxing endgame tanking (nor DPSing, for that matter).

strawman.jpg?w=349&h=283

Show me, at any point I my posts here that I claimed it was min maxed for end game tanking. You mentioned never having seen non wardens wear it. I am a non warden that wears it. Insulting my build immediately, calling it a "snowflake" was needlessly dismissive.

Now granted, everyone is allowed their opinions. If you think all that matters is leaderboard trial runs, cool! Have fun! And I genuinely mean that.

If you're going to change a set, examine what its purpose was, is, and the exact ways it underperforms. That will spark meaningful debate that will catch zos' collective eye.

It looks like the set was originally designed as a bone for mag templars and dks as a way to increase survivability in melee range and simultaneously add dps, if I were to make a guess. It won't be as good as lord warden or bloodspawn on defense and it won't be as good as zaan or grothdar on offense because if it were, no one would use a set equal in one area and null in another. The set simply wasn't designed for an end game dps to push the limits of their damage, nor a tank looking to get the most protection possible.

My only opinion is it works great for what I want it to do!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on August 10, 2018 3:22PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a nice set for preventing one-shots with a low health build. It would definitely work better if it had a 4-5s cooldown, so the shield could feasibly be up 100% of the time.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to reduce the cooldown, it can proc as soon as the original proc ends. If you make it 3 secs you would get a proc while you still had a proc going.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used it in vMA

Took it immediately off.

It went: proc - shield gone after 1 hit - no damage

I don't wanna have to protect my shield with another shield - wtf logic is that?

I would love to see the set better
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we keep it as it is (No Change)
    Lol wut? I'm using it in vMA it's best option. It works good. Leave ast it is.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol wut? I'm using it in vMA it's best option. It works good. Leave ast it is.

I just can't see myself using it over infernal guardian or Zaan (Zaan in a few boss fights)

Issues for me with it:
    Shield strength is less than 2/3rd of harness/Dampen on any class or hardened/empowered sorc
    5m range, very few enemies ever make it that close
    Even if I get 100% uptime with mods it's 1k dps, infernal guardian is approximately 3k dps at range and makes shield useage offensive

I mean that's just me.

Imo unless in vet 12 trials it doesn't matter much what you use.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds