The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CRAFT STATIONS UNUSABLE??

kts
kts
✭✭✭
So invested a chunk of money into these stations, its green when I place them but then when friends come over they find that they regularly can't use them?

ZoS? any explanation?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check you have not placed them back-to-front.
    They do have a 'correct' way of placing them. They will still be green when placed as they are within the parameters, just facing the wrong way.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens to me as well, but only when placing them on something other than the original ground. I assume it has something to do with the order in which they are loaded into the game.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just here to confirm that the issue is whenever the tables are placed on anything other than house's original ground. The inconsistency is maddening, though, as the table may work fine for someone else at the same time.

Fixes:
    1. Move *anything* in the house. (This fix boggles my mind.) The table will immediately start working.
    - This has to be done each time a table doesn't respond for someone.
    2. If you do not have decoprivs, try going into first person to interact with the table or /reloadui. (Not always successful.)

I truly wish this would get fixed.
    Edited by reoskit on August 10, 2018 1:24PM
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Just here to confirm that the issue is whenever the tables are placed on anything other than house's original ground. The inconsistency is maddening, though, as the table may work fine for someone else at the same time.

Fixes:
    1. Move *anything* in the house. (This fix boggles my mind.) The table will immediately start working.
    2. If you do not have decoprivs, try going into first person to interact with the table or /reloadui. (Not always successful.)

I agree. Many times going to one of the guild houses that has most of the attunable crafting stations you will find them inoperable. They worked fine up to a certain patch (Summerset?) and then ZOS managed to break them somehow.
    Options
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it happens to me too, it's because there is something in the way. You can check for any obstacles by adjusting the position of the crafting station, then it will show you a yellow ridge.

Edit: This can also happen with merchant/bankers, even without obstacles. It's annoying at times, but not that much of a big deal...
    Edited by Kelces on August 10, 2018 2:04PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
    Options
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kts

I just posted version 5.0.0 of Essential Housing Tools that includes a new Tools tab with a "Repair all stations" option that, at the least, makes it a 2-button fix for your own crafting stations (as well as any players that have Decorator permissions in your home, if that's feasible). Hope it can help at least somewhat.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

Fixes:

Me too its quite annoying. Anytime it occurs I submit and tell others to submit a bug report maybe if they get enough of them... they will fix it
    Options