The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How to increase field of view?

Daedric_NB_187
Daedric_NB_187
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says. I went into the settings and increased the third person view up until it's max. But I have seen videos of other Xbox players and mine doesn't extend out nearly as much as in the video I linked. Any ideas on how to extend it out further?

Video link to show example of where I would like it to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OerzQl51zSs&t=905s

Below is how mine looks:

akjucpd2k8lj.png

Best Answer

• K1NGPALM3R1
    K1NGPALM3R1
    ✭✭
    On PS4 you hold down on the d-pad nad pull the right analog back to zoom out forward to zoom in, Id imagine its the same for xbox
    MagSorc - Lorddaley PVE
    MagDK - Zantho PVP
    Stamblade - Erindos PVP
    MagSorc - GetRekt PVP
    VHR, VAA,VAS, VMA, VMOL,
    'Ah that mudcrab had a set of greaves on him'
    Answer ✓
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 you hold down on the d-pad nad pull the right analog back to zoom out forward to zoom in, Id imagine its the same for xbox

You can also increase the field of view further more in the camera settings. i am at work right now so i cant tell you the exact name of the setting but i am sure you will find it :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!! I've been wracking my brain forever trying to figure this out. This is exactly what I needed and it works.
  • K1NGPALM3R1
    K1NGPALM3R1
    ✭✭
    Ahh wasn't aware of that, I will sure look when I finish work. Can see it being a massive help running VMA etc. The first time I ran vma I was constantly camera spinning.
    MagSorc - Lorddaley PVE
    MagDK - Zantho PVP
    Stamblade - Erindos PVP
    MagSorc - GetRekt PVP
    VHR, VAA,VAS, VMA, VMOL,
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh wasn't aware of that, I will sure look when I finish work. Can see it being a massive help running VMA etc. The first time I ran vma I was constantly camera spinning.

Yes it has. It has improved my performance and made it a ton easier. Again. Thank you both for the help
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back home, its under settings -> camera -> 3rd person field of view (roughly translated from my localized version), its the 3rd option from the bottom.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • K1NGPALM3R1
    K1NGPALM3R1
    ✭✭
    Completely forgot about doing this when I finished work
    MagSorc - Lorddaley PVE
    MagDK - Zantho PVP
    Stamblade - Erindos PVP
    MagSorc - GetRekt PVP
    VHR, VAA,VAS, VMA, VMOL,