The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined Maomer Fish Skin: hopes and requests

Algorax
Algorax
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone!

So, i guess many of you know that a picture was datamined from Summerset chapter's files:

9pwSxZr.jpg

This picture depitcs what will most likely be the next available skin that ZOS might have in store for us.
Now, with the recent chapters, many maormer-related content was added, making the creation or a maomer themed character more possible than ever.
Some details remain to make this happen and a pivotal one would be a proper Maormer skin.
And here is the point: what we see in the picture above is like nothing we saw before. No maormer in game has something even similar.
Take a look at these 2 specimens:

HVodpEG.jpg

ahLuVVA.jpg

As you can see there are evident differences. I am not telling you that no Maormer like that exists, but i wouldn't like to see the possibility of a real maormer skin wasted bc of the datamined one made any other not necessary.
The datamined one will most likely make us look like an argonian...
Please, let me know your toughts...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    And here is the point: what we see in the picture above is like nothing we saw before. No maormer in game has something even similar.

That isn't quite true; if you check out the Sunhold public dungeon some of the mobs there have scales. They also tend to be taller than the 'normal', non-scaled Maormer.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

That isn't quite true; if you check out the Sunhold public dungeon some of the mobs there have scales. They also tend to be taller than the 'normal', non-scaled Maormer.

I utterly completed that public dungeon and i saw no different Maormer. Do you have any picture to prove it by any chance?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, the skin that was datamined at least has texture. The pictures you posted of the two maromer just look like pale people. The skin looks much better than how the maromer in the game look in my opinion.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset brought 2 new kinds of Maormer - one is in the picture OP posted and also the taller leviathans with bad posture that appear in the public dungeon. They still have different ears and a blue skin tone and I noticed the texture is indeed present on their bodies. Here are some examples:

xEYYhM3.png

CRUhWTC.png

Cc66Bay.png
    edit: I also don't think the skin will look very convincing on an Altmer with yellowish skin tone, if the skin only adds scales and overwrites vampirism.
    Edited by Pwoo on August 6, 2018 2:26PM
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    I mean, the skin that was datamined at least has texture. The pictures you posted of the two maromer just look like pale people. The skin looks much better than how the maromer in the game look in my opinion.

Look better, specially the first or the 2 maormer pictures, which refers to a newest version of them:
    • pale skin
    • white, blank eyes
    • transparent skin, which alows to see veins under it
    • finned ears

So yes: there IS a texture, an evident modification of the base altmer race model.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    Summerset brought 2 new kinds of Maormer - one is in the picture OP posted and also the taller leviathans with bad posture that appear in the public dungeon. They still have different ears and a blue skin tone and I noticed the texture is indeed present on their bodies. Here are some examples:

xEYYhM3.png

CRUhWTC.png

Cc66Bay.png
    edit: I also don't think the skin will look very convincing on an Altmer with yellowish skin tone, if the skin only adds scales and overwrites vampirism.

My deepest thanks!!!

Then i just hope they add both options for a more... profitable outcome :D
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Look better, specially the first or the 2 maormer pictures, which refers to a newest version of them:
    • pale skin
    • white, blank eyes
    • transparent skin, which alows to see veins under it
    • finned ears

So yes: there IS a texture, an evident modification of the base altmer race model.

The ears look like normal elf ears in the 2 maormer pictures you posted, to me at least. I didn't even notice the transparent skin til you said something and I had to look very closely to see it. I still think the datamined skin looks better but to each their own.
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I like the shimmery scale texture, but I REALLY hope the final version of the skin available to us makes your character pale as well.
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like to have that skin for sure.
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mermaid themed character has been waiting impatiently for this skin
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

No fins no mermaid! Let us see!!! :D
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who wants the Nereid polymorph? :-)
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭

Well obviously I can't have fins. Haha. But that's an interesting idea.

Let me rephrase. My under the sea themed character would love this skin or my character who has fantasties of living among the mermaids would love this skin :p

Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

Well obviously I can't have fins. Haha. But that's an interesting idea.

Let me rephrase. My under the sea themed character would love this skin or my character who has fantasties of living among the mermaids would love this skin :p

*Starts the music* UNDER THE SEAAAAAAA!
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »

You're not the only one! *waves hand*
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not the only one! *waves hand*

Which skin is that ?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

NOPE! o/
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭

No, I would love that as well! Though I might prefer it as a skin rather than a polymorph, since you can't customize a polymorph with outfits, hair, or markings. XD
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    RouDantes wrote: »

No, I would love that as well! Though I might prefer it as a skin rather than a polymorph, since you can't customize a polymorph with outfits, hair, or markings. XD

True, but it’s not about her skin only. All nereid’s jewels, accessories and unique cloth add to the look.
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭

True, but it’s not about her skin only. All nereid’s jewels, accessories and unique cloth add to the look.

Good point. If the polymorph made us float in the air, than I think I'd be willing to give up the customizability. XD
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was so excited when I first saw this skin datamined. I was so sure ZOS would put it in Psijic crates, it seemed a perfect fit. Since they didn’t, I thought it would appear shortly in the Crown Store.. but no..

That said, the hype was killed by waiting.. and I just don’t care anymore..
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That data mined image of the skin looks great, just my personal opinion, I do hope it comes out one day :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was so excited when I first saw this skin datamined. I was so sure ZOS would put it in Psijic crates, it seemed a perfect fit. Since they didn’t, I thought it would appear shortly in the Crown Store.. but no..

Me too :(
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭

I'm still greatly anticipating it; I've had Maormer characters for years that have to be vamps to get the approximate look.

It does seem really weird that they still haven't released it. I was expecting it to come out around Summerset launch time or shortly thereafter.

Hopefully, the delay is just because they are taking our feedback and adjusting the appearance accordingly. Hopefully.

Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes