Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dragon Knight Combustion Passive ICD?

Dottzgaming
Dottzgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if the stamina and magicka restoration of the DK's combustion passive shares the same 5 second CD, or are they on separate CDs?
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good question. Unfortunately I don't have a solid answer for you.
    Reading the tooltip, it sounds like they'd be on seperate cooldown, but I'm not certain.

If you'd like to test it, I'd recommend using a Burning Spell Weave set and a bow with lethal Arrow.
    The former greatly increases your chance of applying the Burning status effect, and the latter always applies the Poisoned status effect.
    The two together should get you a decent shot of getting both status effects to proc within a 5 second period so you can test.

However, I would caution you that if you plan of trying to make use of both for sustain, just remember that these status effects arent going to be easy to keep up under normal circumstances; the chance for a status effect to proc from a DoT(which is most of a DKs flame/poison damage effects) is quite low and really only procs periodically even when you're using multiple Dots. I.E. All flame damage morphs (Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames, Burning Talons, etc)
    I fear that if you split the morphs, in addition to stat-splitting the scaling, that the chance for both procs would be reduced greatly.
    At that point, it's quite unlikely in my opinion that both effects would proc anywhere near every five seconds anyway.
    Just a word of caution, no offense intended. I have no idea how experienced you are with the game. Just going the extra mile in case you, or anyone who reads this, is a newbie ;)

Good luck and have fun! And if you do end up testing it yourself, don't forget to post your results! :)
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+