The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Is broken

killmove
killmove
✭✭✭
hi,

I was playing BG, get wrecked in 1 sec (16 033 dmg)

| [-1.629s] HP:10532/23082 Tereyan Vavaari criticallyAttaque lourde for 4582
| [-1.628s] HP:10532/23082 Tereyan VavaariArme enflammée for 1507
| [-1.050s] HP:10796/23082 Tereyan Vavaari criticallyBrûler for 733
| [-1.050s] HP:10796/23082 Tereyan VavaariBond féroce for 4996
| [-0.718s] HP:4641/23082 Tereyan VavaariArmure volatile for 426
| [-0.717s] HP:4641/23082 Tereyan VavaariLangue de feu for 2624
| [-0.522s] HP:3476/23082 Tereyan VavaariAttaque légère for 1165

| [-0.465s] HP:3076/23082 Heimlfar Stout criticallyEmpoisonnement for 400
| [-0.005s] HP:0/23082 Heimlfar StoutInjection de poison for 1016 [Stam:0/26804]

many are still using macros in PvP, ZOS is doing nothing about this

@ZOS_GinaBruno : please look at this issue
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pvp is not broken...it was never working properly to begin with so it cant break if it wasn't working >:3
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe its because power sigil.
    better to practice and learning how pvp works and build your character.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    most of those are dots though as well? Mixed with a heavy attack, volatile armor etc.. does not really look like a macro at all
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • noob in denial
    noob in denial
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. For example as magicka sorcerer unless you keep shields up all the time you risk being one shotted. This happens for a few reasons: no cooldown and the fact that damage is too high compared to hp. So yeah, pvp is completely broken run and gun COD styhttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/429034/pvp-is-broken#le.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've still yet to see these ''OP macros'' people are talking about.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    maybe its because power sigil.
    better to practice and learning how pvp works and build your character.

we get the sigil, that dude was wrecking all the party and impossible to kill
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also:
    Agreed. For example as magicka sorcerer unless you keep shields up all the time you risk being one shotted. This happens for a few reasons: no cooldown and the fact that damage is too high compared to hp. So yeah, pvp is completely broken run and gun COD styhttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/429034/pvp-is-broken#le.

I can see right through your troll attempts, you noob in denial you .d
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 5, 2018 11:34AM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

unless you are new to the game, macros were available 3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpZa4c-WZoE
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »

I'm in here for 4 years(with breaks and all, but still. I haven't find anything better to play yet), I've been called a macro user countless times. Its just of many excuses bad people make up when they die. Any proper PvP player will know how to animation cancel and at that point macros simply don't even make a difference. Now sure, macros are here and they are used in every game you can imagine. So what? Are macros gamebreaking OP? Not even close. It does not let you do anything thats not possible.

There is also a thing called ''macro slice'' , which has more to do about broken animations and lag than it has to with actual mouse/KB macros. You didn't need macro to do macro slices. ( doesn't happen for a long while, thank god)

Edit: Thanks for the link by the way, the comments below made my day.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 5, 2018 12:25PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

I'm in here for 4 years(with breaks and all, but still. I haven't find anything better to play yet), I've been called a macro user countless times. Its just of many excuses bad people make up when they die. Any proper PvP player will know how to animation cancel and at that point macros simply don't even make a difference. Now sure, macros are here and they are used in every game you can imagine. So what? Are macros gamebreaking OP? Not even close. It does not let you do anything thats not possible.

There is also a thing called ''macro slice'' , which has more to do about broken animations and lag, then it has to with actual mouse/KB macros. You didn't need macro to do macro slices.

those people should be ashamed using macro to win a fight. they don't have any honor.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : don't you think it'll be better to remove animation cancelling and make the global cooldown 1s for every skill. I think this will improve game performance.

if some players starts to say they will leave if animation cancelling is removed let them be. they are probably using macros.
    90% of the game population don't use animation cancelling and are facing all the performance and cheats that animation cancelling has bought. maybe the server will performe better if he don't have to treat all skill spam of those macro users.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is also a thing called ''macro slice'' , which has more to do about broken animations and lag, then it has to with actual mouse/KB macros. You didn't need macro to do macro slices.

those people should be ashamed using macro to win a fight. they don't have any honor.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : don't you think it'll be better to remove animation cancelling and make the global cooldown 1s for every skill. I think this will improve game performance.

if some players starts to say they will leave if animation cancelling is removed let them be. they are probably using macros.
    90% of the game population don't use animation cancelling and are facing all the performance and cheats that animation cancelling has bought. maybe the server will performe better if he don't have to treat all skill spam of those macro users.

Have you instead tried learning how to play?

Did wonders for me personally.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems you got it by a heavy attack > leap then a light attack in 1.6s. Much macro'ing, w0w.

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

Have you instead tried learning how to play?

Did wonders for me personally.

i think i'm not bad, at least i don't use macro like others :smile:

Screenshot_20180805_153655.png
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    here another macro user:

[-1.436s] HP:23082/23082 Killzone criticallyÉlan frontal for 529
    | [-1.032s] HP:23082/23082 Bird Not For Sale criticallyPiétinement for 5097
    | [-0.947s] HP:8739/23082 Bird Not For SaleAssaut souterrain for 9246

| [-0.915s] HP:9348/23082 Azarpar DrimRégénération rapide for 609
    | [-0.498s] HP:9348/23082 Bird Not For SaleAttaque légère for 3175
    | [-0.479s] HP:9348/23082 Bird Not For SaleAubéclat parfait for 9421

please cheater tell me that pvp isn't broken with macro users
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesnt work like this anymore, at least not the normal macros (cheats might still work, idk)
    They adjusted animation prioritization in some patch a while ago.

There are some bugs and exploits (snipe bug etc), but it's not possible to use macros to shoot a lot of abilities in 1 second.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 6, 2018 12:04AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @killmove there is a 1sec cooldown on skills and la. Animation cancel does not work the way you think, it will make some skills go off faster, but the 1sec cool down is still there.

The players who killed you did not use macro, hard to say exactly what skills since it is in French, but first one was a dk with alot of dots, and second one was stam warden with subterranean and probably another dot and just normal play.

I would say if you like the game keep playing and you will learn more.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    The players who killed you did not use macro, hard to say exactly what skills since it is in French, but first one was a dk with alot of dots, and second one was stam warden with subterranean and probably another dot and just normal play.

Yeah it kinda looks like light attack + weapon glyph + burning + volatile armor and something else I dont understand.
    Which is legit, I mean dks are a dot-based class.

PC/EU
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easiest way to ban keyboards with macro function is to ban keyboards.

You're welcome. o:)
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    I've changed the skill name to English hope my translation is good.

Here bird not for same just fired 3 skills and a LA in 1 sec.

How is this possible? Isn't this game breaking if the fight don't last more than 1 sec?

| [-1.032s] HP:23082/23082 Bird Not For Sale critically stampede for 5097
    | [-0.947s] HP:8739/23082 Bird Not For Sale subterranean assault for 9246

| [-0.498s] HP:9348/23082 Bird Not For Sale light attack for 3175
    | [-0.479s] HP:9348/23082 Bird Not For Sale perfect dawnbreaker for 9421

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How is this possible? Isn't this game breaking if the fight don't last more than 1 sec?

It actually only takes 2 GCDs to pull of the combo mentioned up here. Sub assault is a delayed burst ability, and light attacks don't even waste a GCD. As for why this burst is so high, he either had a sigil or you didn't had a proper build to tank the burst.

I don't blame you though. Most new and/or bad players do fall the mistake of blaming animation cancelling or so called ''macros'' for why they die all the time. Though I would say this is a very bad habit if you want to be successful at any competitive thing, not just games, but also in real life, people who blame their failures on this and that never achieves anything. But here you are again complaining about an issue that does not exist.

In other words, I kindly suggest you to git gud at PvP, properly learn how to weave, which ability does what, how to animation cancel, have some experience, then read this meme of a post again.

If thats too much work for you, go and buy a mouse with macro software, its really cheap nowadays, (unless 20 bucks is too much for you) and try those ''OP Macros'', lets see if you get any better at the game.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 6, 2018 1:02PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

It actually only takes 2 GCDs to pull of the combo mentioned up here. Sub assault is a delayed burst ability, and light attacks don't even waste a GCD. As for why this burst is so high, he either had a sigil or you didn't had a proper build to tank the burst.

I don't blame you though. Most new and/or bad players do fall the mistake of blaming animation cancelling or so called ''macros'' for why they die all the time. Though I would say this is a very bad habit if you want to be successful at any competitive thing, not just games, but also in real life, people who blame their failures on this and that never achieves anything. But here you are again complaining about an issue that does not exist.

In other words, I kindly suggest you to git gud at PvP, properly learn how to weave, which ability does what, how to animation cancel, have some experience, then read this meme of a post again.

If thats too much work for you, go and buy a mouse with macro software, its really cheap nowadays, (unless 20 bucks is too much for you) and try those ''OP Macros'', lets see if you get any better at the game.

Dude I have like 2500 crit resist and 3 heavy 4 medium set.

I had 20k physical and spell resist so I don't know what I should be using more to avoid being burst in 1 sec.

I also had a g600 with the software I know how but don't want to use macros as they are considered third party software by ZOS. I don't like cheating and getting banned.
    Edited by killmove on August 6, 2018 1:33PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Subterranean doesnt explode immediately, you can cast it before using charge ability, so they hit more or less at the same time. Light attack+dawnbreaker also looks normal, nothing here breaks GCD.

Thing is, it's possible to line up your burst so you hit someone with multiple abilities at the same time. But it doesnt work like you think it works. For example, as a warden you can cast subterranean and use another heavy hitting ability when it pops. You arent bypassing GCD this way because subterranean was actually casted a few seconds ago. It works like this with any ability that has delayed effect (such as sorc curse etc) which allows players to burst you.

You can also see weapon glyphs and passive effects (such as "burning) but those are procs and not actual skills.

But I have good news for you, you can also use dots and combo your burst to be more effective in pvp. :)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 6, 2018 1:42PM

PC/EU
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe you want to understand the game before calling out macros, let me explain you how to do that combo withouth any cheats (and notice i said cheats, because bypasing GCD is imposible with macros that are just automated keyboard/mouse actions)

1 - Cast subterranean assault (is a timmed ability that goes off after a few seconds)
    2 - Cast stampede so subterranean assault explodes at the same time that stampedes hits the target
    3 - Cast light attacks when stampede animation is finished and animation cancel it with a dawnbreaker

Result: everything hits in a window of 1 second, that is instant in your screen with no cheats/macros.

This is how the game works, that why understanding the other classes' combos and being aware of your surroundings is crucial, if you can't predict enemies combo you will eat a lot of damage instantly. It sounds complicated but once you understand the combos of each class, is kinda easy to predict and avoid getting bursted. ESO combat is fast paced, you can get exploded in 1 second if you dont know what you are doing, and you can survive vs multiple players for a long time if you know what you are doing.

Once you understand the game and how the combat system works, you will realize that using macros is actually useless in 90% of the cases, the edge you can get of a macro (specially on PvP when the targets are actually reacting to your actions) is minimal. Do a favor to yourself and listen the opinion of the experienced PvP players that have been playing this game for years, and ignore the opinion of newbies that call cheats/macros because they don't understand what the experienced players are doing. We wouldn't be playing PvP for years if it were infested with macros and cheats as you said, we have enought having to live with lag and bugs lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 6, 2018 8:21PM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I had 20k physical and spell resist so I don't know what I should be using more to avoid being burst in 1 sec.

I also had a g600 with the software I know how but don't want to use macros as they are considered third party software by ZOS. I don't like cheating and getting banned.

I'm sorry m8 but this is clearly not a macro. As those guys are trying to explain some abilities are delayed. They explode later. That means they can time it so in the frame of a single second they can take more than half your HP down. You just need to be a little bit hurt and they'll one shot you that's how it is. PvP is unforgivable and some players are REALLY good at it.

Also i know a lot of good players. None of them are macro users!
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 heavy 4 medium
    /facepalm
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's is stamdens pretty much only burst combo. Whole fight they are trying to set you up with that. Block the stampede or always flank the warden/ watch his hands when he throws bugs in the ground beware