Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Transferring lycantropy to another character?

kevintheradioguy
kevintheradioguy
Soul Shriven
Hello.
So, it's a stupid one, but I decided to try lycantropy, and thought it would be a sort of quest starter or something I could access from any character I have. In reality, the current character turned into a werewolf, while I didn't want that. In other words, I bought lycantropy for the wrong character. My question is, can I infect another character of mine somehow and get the wrong one cured?
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no. But you can infect a friend and once they have the appropriate perk, ask them to bite the right character.

Or you can go hang around the werewolf altar in your 3rd alliance zone and/or ask in chat for a bite, there usually are takers.

And yes, you can cure your character at the Mages Guild; look for Prelate Sabinus.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on August 3, 2018 5:50PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way to transfer it to another one of your characters, unfortunately.

You can hang out in one of the zones where there is a werewolf shrine (Bangkorai, The Rift, or Reaper's March) and offer to trade bites with someone there.
  • kevintheradioguy
    kevintheradioguy
    Soul Shriven
    I have contacted the helpdesk, and they were eager to help it get cured and refund, but confirmed that there is no in-game way to fix this by transfering the disease between characters.
    Edited by kevintheradioguy on August 5, 2018 5:39AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can be cured, there are NPCs that will offer you that.
    You need to ask another player to bite if you need another of your chars infected.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP