The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you people constantly jump in battlegrounds?

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
Do you think you're harder to hit or something?

Because you're not.

So please stop acting like a spaz.
Edited by DarkJester1 on August 3, 2018 2:34AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, it's just to bug you.

...okay I made that up. I have no idea why anyone jumps in this game.

I will tell you if it's me, it's because my hand shifted and I meant to walk forward (my forward defaults to W - I bound jump to E like in Morrowind [TES III])

Speaking of jumps, I noted a weird visual bug in game recently. If I'm walking (well, jogging) and I jump, after I "land" my character skids for a bit, THEN starts walking again.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a Fortnite thing they carried over.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean you people?

On console jumping by allows you to bar swap with a basic controller and not lose your momentum. Also you can jump, block, and not lose your momentum
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 3, 2018 3:54AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tom-brady-celebrating-interception-super-bowl.gif

Because winners jump.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    here a question for balance - why not?
    Sometims when u jump always u can jump above some stones or another landscape things even without noticed they were there, sometimes to disorient in all these aoe and effects your enemy, or just for fun.
    it's not important.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does jumping allow you to move further without sprinting and chewing up stamina? But totally agree it’s very annoying
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously it works to some effect if people like you are complaining about it.
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    helps me time my rotation
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because my keyboard has the space button
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    Does jumping allow you to move further without sprinting and chewing up stamina? But totally agree it’s very annoying

No, you actually slow down while in the air. Not much, but is noticeble.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think that most people don't know why they're jumping and just do it because they saw other people doing it and got conditioned to think it's a thing they need to do.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To prevent walkthroughs from ruining casts / channels. You have 360 degree LOS while you’re in the air.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MutedMonk
    MutedMonk
    Chibs wrote: »

I don't think it works, it just breaks the immersion of the game a bit. Can't remember the last time I watched a fantasy movie, or medieval battle where everyone thought they were Tigger. It's ineffective, but looks ridiculous. Make it cost stamina and watch it stop.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Must be a Fortnite thing they carried over.

You must be new here.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MutedMonk wrote: »
    Chibs wrote: »

I don't think it works, it just breaks the immersion of the game a bit. Can't remember the last time I watched a fantasy movie, or medieval battle where everyone thought they were Tigger. It's ineffective, but looks ridiculous. Make it cost stamina and watch it stop.

It's ineffective yet you want it to cost stamina? Simply because you don't like seeing jumpers? Nope.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you're not.

It helps me see over obstacles...and over players.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they probably forgot that they don't need to skill "acrobatics" :lol:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes people jump to get over a pebble that won't let them pass...
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perma-jumping in PvP, whether it be Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds, is the most infantile and ludicrous behaviour, and indicative that the person you are confronted with, with all likelihood is one of those 'competitive' diehards that have polluted most other player versus player online games with their dubious presence.

Easiest cure for this malady would be to simply turn off all skills and attacks while jumping, just like they are turned off when sprinting.
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Perma-jumping in PvP, whether it be Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds, is the most infantile and ludicrous behaviour, and indicative that the person you are confronted with, with all likelihood is one of those 'competitive' diehards that have polluted most other player versus player online games with their dubious presence.

Easiest cure for this malady would be to simply turn off all skills and attacks while jumping, just like they are turned off when sprinting.
    lmao
    PC NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mimicks wrote: »

lmao

Spotted one already.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sometimes allows you to get LoS with instant cast abilities on targets that are higher than you, but probably most people do it for show. I rarely jump - and only do it for the former reason - or stop to t-bag people as I've found this slows me down, and slowing down costs points and can get you killed.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you get offended by jumping i feel terribly sorry for you i hope the milk your mom brought you yesterday at bedtime wasnt too cold
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    skills timing/skills rotation

work on magicka classes mainly
    on my 1st jump I cast buffs,
    on my 4th jump I cast shields ,

from jump 1 to jump 4 better burst fast:)

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you see me jumping its because dodge roll is on l2+x on the ps4 and often in the heat of the battle sometimes the game doesnt recognize that i pressed l2 as well and since x is also jumping i jump :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because you're not.

RUDE!

This whole post is a flame/troll.
    Edited by Mureel on August 7, 2018 9:38AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always attributed it to the need to be doing something.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just LIKE jumping! It's also no one else's business.

It's not a MALADY unless you're weird.

I am not at all a competitive diehard (lol at the thought)!

I like jumping.
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

I just LIKE jumping! It's also no one else's business.

It's not a MALADY unless you're weird.

I am not at all a competitive diehard (lol at the thought)!

I like jumping.

Pretty much this, i dont get why people get so worked up over it. Like it's not that deep lol
    PC NA