The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Question] Will we be able to Crown-Gift Houses on Live in the future?

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
On the PTS for a couple cycles now we have been able to gift houses (although only those the player gifting doesn't own lol) and my housing guild talks about it every few days wishing those with crowns could gift the limited time houses to those without in exchange for gold or w/e.

If you let us buy a house on the Crown Store without forcing preview - that would allow the gifting interface to work just like it does with the other crown gifted items!
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it should be an option.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 2, 2018 3:08PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have some votes on this?
    I rlly want to buy 1
    But im not buying crowns so this feature would help a lot
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    zos promised to get this implemented asap, well that is long ago and no word since. being a company, they miss out a lot of business opportunities, they can make a make buck easy and skip working on it....
  • DragonHeart000
    Before I got the house I have now I was going to have someone gift me it for gold but once they finally had the crowns to do it we found out about not being able to gift houses and it kinda really sucked. I ended up getting a 1 year subscription later so I had the crowns to buy it myself but it would have been nicer to spend gold on in and use those crowns for something else.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    I bump this :(
    *bump*
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    I am still clueless why they (again) miss an opportunity to make a buck. for a company it doesn't matter if person A or B pays, what matters is that If person A can't afford the crowns atm, they will not make a buck.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    I am still clueless why they (again) miss an opportunity to make a buck. for a company it doesn't matter if person A or B pays, what matters is that If person A can't afford the crowns atm, they will not make a buck.

OK, well I guess I'll have to play devil's advocate, here, for a sec:

If person B can "pay" using unneeded crowns they have saved up, over the years, from their ESO+ account, unless person A was definitely not going to give in and buy the house with Crowns, ZoS are not making as much money, are they?

This is the problem - the people in between - who, although they would ideally prefer to pay with gold (using someone else's Crowns), they would resort to buying Crowns, if they had no other choice.

Also, speaking from a personal perspective (rather than from ZoS's), I would really prefer it if they just gave us a proper currency exchange (like the one in GW2), as it would be more far more convenient and also safer.

Not only that, but ZoS could then take a small cut on each exchange - meaning they then could make at least some money out of the situation, rather than (potentially) none.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 3, 2019 6:39PM
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    Yea id pay taxes for trading gold for crowns
    Would be nice, to have a safe, ingame way, to get crowns and ZOS could profit from it
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    i still want it :(
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Stunning to see how much time they spend on promoting a rock pet vs providing just one sentence of info about house gifting...

@ZOS_GinaBruno are you stil awake?
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    REEEEEEEEE
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I recall from PTS, players could only gift houses they didn't already own. Obviously, that's not fully functional for every player.

So if ZOS couldn't fix that, it might explain why we can't gift houses.
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    thats a stupid reason tbh
    they should just be able to fix it
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno seriously. You guys would CLEAN UP. I have millions of gold I'd buy every darn house with. can we please have an update on this?
    Edited by StabbityDoom on May 16, 2019 8:35PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if we could have that option, I was disappointed to see today that the new Frostvault Chasm was only available for crowns.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    This feature would be awesome. So many times i wanted to buy a house for a friend and remembered i can't.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    I’d love houses to be giftable. I think it’s a bit unfair when so many of the new houses are crowns only that they can’t be gifted. It stops a large number of people who love furnishing being able to enjoy some of the shinier houses.
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    you can contact the support tho, if someone is willing to gift it to you
    i tried it, it works
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Any news on this becoming a reality for us?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom