The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stun/immobilize locking??

DuskMarine
DuskMarine
✭✭✭✭✭
how much longer do we have to deal with this in pvp? seriously you can immobilize people nonstop with zero cc immunity use. and even ive ran into issues with stuns doing the exact same thing cc immunity doesnt even work. can we please get this fixed already? its beyond game breaking if you cant even fight because something doesnt work. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re definitely late to the party on reading the PTS patch notes for Wolfhunter.

Let me tee it up for you ... since you felt the need to start a new thread without doing a simple search in the forums.

From PTS natch potes 4.1.0 (going Live on 8/13):

“Reducing the duration of snare and defile effects: Abilities and Item Sets that apply snares or defile debuffs on enemies have had their durations significantly reduced. Since most of the changes were made to damage over time abilities, you will have to recast those abilities earlier to keep an enemy permanently snared, which sacrifices some damage. Most area of effect snaring abilities were untouched, though, since the counterplay is just to move out of the area of effect.”

But wait!

There are other counterplay options for those screaming in the forums.

The most obvious would be making yourself some immovable potions.

There are myriad other ways to avoid immobilizations if you just do some checking around.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 1, 2018 2:38AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about how CC immunity gets bugged and you can't break free even with ample resources, and it happens to every hard CC altho Fear and Rune Cage seem to be the most common.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about how CC immunity gets bugged and you can't break free even with ample resources, and it happens to every hard CC altho Fear and Rune Cage seem to be the most common.

thank you
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    You’re definitely late to the party on reading the PTS patch notes for Wolfhunter.

Let me tee it up for you ... since you felt the need to start a new thread without doing a simple search in the forums.

“Reducing the duration of snare and defile effects: Abilities and Item Sets that apply snares or defile debuffs on enemies have had their durations significantly reduced. Since most of the changes were made to damage over time abilities, you will have to recast those abilities earlier to keep an enemy permanently snared, which sacrifices some damage. Most area of effect snaring abilities were untouched, though, since the counterplay is just to move out of the area of effect.”

But wait!

There are myriad other ways to avoid immobilizations if you just do some checking around.

For lack of an "lol" button, i'll just leave you with a typed version.

Lol
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's graphics lag. I thought NB AoE fear was bugged until I tried Miat's addon. Sometimes you are feared a good 2-3 seconds before it shows on your toon, but the addon notifies you immediately. Break free when the warning pops, no issues.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's graphics lag. I thought NB AoE fear was bugged until I tried Miat's addon. Sometimes you are feared a good 2-3 seconds before it shows on your toon, but the addon notifies you immediately. Break free when the warning pops, no issues.

thats not the issue its the factor that cc immunity doesnt even work. you can be immobilized an infinite number of times and stunned a infinite number of times as well. cc immunity never applies.
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I thought we were supposed to have a period of immunity after a hard CC. Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. Rune cage, fear, and fossilize are bad offenders. I don't mind tactical CC effects, but to be spammed nonstop with them gets kind of old. And don't get me started on the issues with fear... Hey look! My guy is running away from the battle screaming and flinging his hands. Oh yay! I have full stamina, i'll just break out of this! *hits break free* nothing... *starts frantically bashing break free* still nothing... AoE's and attacks still coming at me bro! Dead. Fin.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix this cc immunity issue bad. Being stuck in an endless stun is not fun. Not to mention the people able to break those immovable pots as well... makes me feel like I am wasting time and resources with this.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But wait!

Since you already got an lol I’ll also add decreasing the duration does not decrease uptime in a game that doesn’t have cool downs.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, the way it often works now is whoever gets the first stun in will win due to permastun.

Even with immovable pots I have been locked in stun very, very frequently, especially in Cyrodiil.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To add to the issue we sometimes don't even get an animation that we're stunned, instead our character just stands there upright.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Miat's is amazingly helpful for those invisible time stops, too.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

miats is basically a addon made for people to cheat. but that is not what this thread is about so quit trying to derail. its about how cc immunity doesnt even work on these abilities making it able to chain you in a permanent ring of immobilizes and stuns.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    To add to the issue we sometimes don't even get an animation that we're stunned, instead our character just stands there upright.

been seeing this 'feature' quite a lot since summerset dropped.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

been seeing this 'feature' quite a lot since summerset dropped.

It has been around since ever.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

miats is basically a addon made for people to cheat. but that is not what this thread is about so quit trying to derail. its about how cc immunity doesnt even work on these abilities making it able to chain you in a permanent ring of immobilizes and stuns.

ZOS reviewed the addon, made some changes to the API, and it doesn't do anything not officially approved now.

I know exactly what you are talking about, but the API (and therefore this add-on) provide information that the game often fails to render properly. CC immunity is still bugged, unlike what the person I replied to was saying, but this add-on helps for other situations when it's only lagging but not actually bugged out.