The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield stacking is the ONLY counter for sloads

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
Wasnt this season supposed to be the sorc stopper hahaha i think NOT

When a player hits you with sloads on a stamina character you have to heal through sloads AND the other damage they are dealing. Which makes it impossible to heal through.

But when a mag sorc gets sloads on them they can shield stack to avoid all other incoming damage so in reality all they are getting hit by is sloads. Since shields can eat everything else.

This set needs to be reworked ASAP it should NOT stack ever.

Make it also only proc off melee no reason a sniper hiding in a corner should he able to defile me for 5 seconds over and over while sloads proccing over and over.

This would be really good for the game.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really shouldn't comment on this thread, since I don't want to get notifications for the 100 comments to follow, but here goes...

No, it's not. You just haven't found the other counters. Yes, they are available to stamina; no, I don't mean purge. Yes, I agree Sload's is overpowered and I don't think it should be in the game, but you're jumping to conclusions here.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just moving my original comment here:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sload’s+Semblance+Set
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Irresistible_Damage
    Irresistible Damage, also known as Daedric Damage or Oblivion Damage is a type of magical damage. True to its name, it cannot be resisted by any damage reduction effects. Fortunately, sources of Irresistible Damage are very rare, being found mostly as set bonuses. Note that Irresistible Damage is not subject to Critical Strikes, so it is less effective against lightly armored opponents but more effective against heavily armored enemies or enemies who are Blocking or using a Damage Shield.

Edit: now that post is complete I will say that shield stacking can prevent other inbound damage but In and of itself I dont think its a counter to sloads, since sloads is not affected by shields or vice versa.

Regarding the imbalance for stamina characters vs sloads, I think it's pertinent to look at the changes to the set on PTS which has made it a projectile that can be roll-dodged. This will by far make it more stamina-friendly in my opinion. This way we have stamina/magicka that can heal through the damage, magicka that can purge/shield and stamina that can roll-dodge/evade
    Edited by Inarre on July 31, 2018 9:14PM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

(5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Irresistible Damage, also known as Daedric Damage or Oblivion Damage is a type of magical damage. True to its name, it cannot be resisted by any damage reduction effects. Fortunately, sources of Irresistible Damage are very rare, being found mostly as set bonuses. Note that Irresistible Damage is not subject to Critical Strikes, so it is less effective against lightly armored opponents but more effective against heavily armored enemies or enemies who are Blocking or using a Damage Shield.

Edit: now that post is complete I will say that shield stacking can prevent other inbound damage but In and of itself I dont think its a counter to sloads, since sloads is not affected by shields or vice versa.

Regarding the imbalance for stamina characters vs sloads, I think it's pertinent to look at the changes to the set on PTS which has made it a projectile that can be roll-dodged. This will by far make it more stamina-friendly in my opinion. This way we have stamina/magicka that can heal through the damage, magicka that can purge/shield and stamina that can roll-dodge/evade

U can shield stack through sloads it will never kill u its too weak unless its stacked.

You are also saying that something with 100% uptime can be countered by dodge rolling.

Once you provide a good build that has 100% uptime for dodge rolls il agree.

You should put some thought into it
    Edited by Ihatenightblades on July 31, 2018 9:31PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prefer Viper on you?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need to increase the cost of rally and vigor~

spin-to-win :smiley:
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on July 31, 2018 9:42PM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Prefer Viper on you?

Who wouldnt lol.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even the official explanation of Oblivion damage is faulty. How is ''not subject to critical strikes'' any advantageous to light armor users? Damage shields are their main defense and it has full crit resistance.

On the other hand, heavy armor users have more max HP and incoming healing to counter Oblivion damage better.
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 31, 2018 10:13PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I really shouldn't comment on this thread, since I don't want to get notifications for the 100 comments to follow, but here goes...

No, it's not. You just haven't found the other counters. Yes, they are available to stamina; no, I don't mean purge. Yes, I agree Sload's is overpowered and I don't think it should be in the game, but you're jumping to conclusions here.

I really dislike comments like this. Basically "no you're wrong, but I'm not going to tell you why or anything useful".
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

U can shield stack through sloads it will never kill u its too weak unless its stacked.

You are also saying that something with 100% uptime can be countered by dodge rolling.

Once you provide a good build that has 100% uptime for dodge rolls il agree.

You should put some thought into it

So can you tell me if I got this right? Your argument is that shields are a good counter to sloads because sloads, despite not being affected by shields, is too weak to ever kill you by itself... but dodgeroll isn't a good counter to a dodge-roll-able projectile because sloads has 100% uptime and dodgeroll does not.

Does sloads shoot projectiles at targets on the PTS every second the user is wearing it?

I think I am missing an angle of your argument or I need to test it out more.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Even the official explanation of Oblivion damage is faulty. How is ''not subject to critical strikes'' any advantageous to light armor users? Damage shields are their main defense and it has full crit resistance.

On the other hand, heavy armor users have more max HP and incoming healing to counter Oblivion damage better.

I think that sentence is meant to convey that it is less effective against targets who have less armor (not necessarily shields) compared to targets that have more armor so therefore it would do more damage compared to any other type of damage against the same resistances.

In a perfect pitri dish world, only looking at resistances and damage types, it is as they say. But you are right, since oblivion damage is limited (at least with sloads and enchants) heavy armor targets and the fact that they have more HP/Healing taken changes everything.
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not impossible to heal through for me as a stamplar. i have clense (im talking about the heal over time not clensing away sloads) i have CP to healing done and healing recieve. i get heal buffs with some passives and skills and also with 5k weapon damage i have a decent vigor tooltip and rally. sloads = no problem. Also stam DK's also have major healing.
    Its not that hard to out heal it you just need to activate vigor every 5 seconds and not to over use rally so you can get the burst heal. also use HP pots and put some CP into healing
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the shield stacking sorcerers are still killing people wearing shield breaker and sloads sets.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the shield stacking sorcerers are still killing people wearing shield breaker and sloads sets.

Because those people are horrible players and wearing both sets gives you no chance against a sorc that goes full offensive.

As a sorc, if you hit me with shield breaker I will just not cast a shield and nullify one of your 5 piece bonuses and proceed to kill.

I have heals slotted to stop sloads and to help me mitigate some damage when some terribad tries to run both and I am forced to not use my shields.
  • SakuraRush
    SakuraRush
    ✭✭✭
    Wait does purge no longer exist? Wyrds is gone too? High health Regen is no longer possible?

"But my build doesn't have room for X"

You choosing not to use a tool does not make the tool cease to exist.

"Fitting X into my build would reduce my effectiveness"

Being dead reduces it more.

"I shouldn't have to change to deal with this"

Yes you should.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

Because those people are horrible players and wearing both sets gives you no chance against a sorc that goes full offensive.

As a sorc, if you hit me with shield breaker I will just not cast a shield and nullify one of your 5 piece bonuses and proceed to kill.

I have heals slotted to stop sloads and to help me mitigate some damage when some terribad tries to run both and I am forced to not use my shields.

I have no love of Sload's but actually find it benign. As for your comment re: not casting a shield...A sorc with out shield is like free pizza to my magblade...gotta get it, lol. Not doubting your skills, but you really think that's route to survival?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lingering Heath Potion + Vigor + Dodge Roll

Sloads is only a problem if it’s stacked by multiple people, otherwise it’s hardly noticeable
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many times this guy can make the same post about the same things...

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    OGLezard wrote: »

I have no love of Sload's but actually find it benign. As for your comment re: not casting a shield...A sorc with out shield is like free pizza to my magblade...gotta get it, lol. Not doubting your skills, but you really think that's route to survival?

For some yes :) dodge roll is your friend. But if someone ganks me while I try to take care of someone using both shield breaker and sloads, I would be dead with shields on or off at that point.

I'm more concerned with the new potential cheese of shield breaker + that new set that increases light attack speed..... that could potentially be a deadly combo.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It still hits your hp, what are you complaining about.

Roll and cloak are actual sload stoppers next patch,
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    It still hits your hp, what are you complaining about.

Roll and cloak are actual sload stoppers next patch,

This exactly. If an enemy puts a DOT on a NB and procs Sload- the NB can cloak (and ignore) through the DOT while only taking damage from Sload.

However- instead of using the cloak to disengage the fight and move somewhere away from Line of Sight to heal- they want to QQ about not being able to cloak and immediately reengage the fight.

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm... Sloads goes through shields? As its oblivion damage it ignores shields and goes right into health. Overall I dont understand this post, it doesnt make sense. You can shieldstack however you like against it, it will kill you if you dont heal. And sorcs dont have very effective heals.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no.

If there's 1 or 2 others then a shield will be more effective than anything else as you can prevent ALL other damage until Sloads wears off.

If you get zerged by Sload users most other classes would be better since they can LoS and heal through the 4k dps from sloads. RIP sorc.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm... Sloads goes through shields? As its oblivion damage it ignores shields and goes right into health. Overall I dont understand this post, it doesnt make sense. You can shieldstack however you like against it, it will kill you if you dont heal. And sorcs dont have very effective heals.

Healing ward always outheals sloads ESPECIALLY while attacking with power surge. #MoreYouKnow
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to try a Sload's given the ap event and lots of players, and honestly it's really garbage. It does extremely weak tick damage (853 per tick? in my case), so I'm not entirely sure what you people are griping about. It doesn't crit, cp has no effect over it far as I can tell, it does LESS than the tool tip says it should, and the total-tick damage is barely 5k when it's said and done. Caltrops does x2 the damage and slows, and can crit, and hits everyone in the aoe. Sload's just does it weak 800 damage tick selectively.

WHY the incoming damage of Sload's shows the total of the ticks as a lump-sum of damage (other sets/abilities/siege are victim to this too) might be why people think it's some end-all, but it's not. The fact they are removing the 1st tick and roughly 15% means it'll be an even bigger waste.

I don't even bother running impen nor anything into crit resistance (only a handful of you even have high damage anyways) and the couple times it's appeared in my recap, it was stacked with a ton of other weak attack damage.

If people are crying because they can't 1-man out-heal everything or because it's somehow forcing them to reapply their OP shield stacks and more often, seriously get over it.
    Edited by AdicusDio on August 1, 2018 8:01AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP is right.

Sloads is only a threat when stacked with other damage.

If you can deal with those damage types separately (hot for sloads, shields for all the other damage) - its very easy to handle.

Shieldbreaker on the other hand, is unhealable.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really bored to death with Sload's nerf posts.

It is getting nerfed. It wasn't that big of a deal in the first place, but it is taking a hit in the next patch, after which time it will move from being one of the few good, fun sets to being v. rubbish and no-one will want it. That's band-wagon whinging for you.

That's honestly a shame, because it will simply encourage ZoS to keep launching *** low-end sets on us at each patch, that none of us want or will use, that just rehash the same old set level bonuses in a different order. How very dull.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Really bored to death with Sload's nerf posts.

It is getting nerfed. It wasn't that big of a deal in the first place, but it is taking a hit in the next patch, after which time it will move from being one of the few good, fun sets to being v. rubbish and no-one will want it. That's band-wagon whinging for you.

That's honestly a shame, because it will simply encourage ZoS to keep launching *** low-end sets on us at each patch, that none of us want or will use, that just rehash the same old set level bonuses in a different order. How very dull.

No. They'll continue introducing "hot" sets (Sload's is garbage and not a hot set), wait until everyone farms/crafts it, THEN apply reductions and people move on to the next big thing. It's a pattern and a sneaky way to force people to farm and thus waste more time artifically bumping their player retention quota.

ANY time other sets are effective, they roll them back eventually IF people use them OR they are appearing in the death recaps too much. If everyone ran around light attacking 100% of the time or it's appearing too often in recaps and thus whined about, it'd get rolled back too. And yet they allow shield stacking or builds that can tolerate 8+ players pounding them to appease the insecurities of the whining.
    Edited by AdicusDio on August 1, 2018 8:59AM
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    I decided to try a Sload's given the ap event and lots of players, and honestly it's really garbage. It does extremely weak tick damage (853 per tick? in my case), so I'm not entirely sure what you people are griping about. It doesn't crit, cp has no effect over it far as I can tell, it does LESS than the tool tip says it should, and the total-tick damage is barely 5k when it's said and done. Caltrops does x2 the damage and slows, and can crit, and hits everyone in the aoe. Sload's just does it weak 800 damage tick selectively.

A single person using Sload's isn't a problem. A group of people using Sload's is, since it stacks.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"very rare"... :D Now that it's craftable

And 1 other source can be made so strong it literally melts players regardless of their setup
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    OP is right.

Sloads is only a threat when stacked with other damage.

If you can deal with those damage types separately (hot for sloads, shields for all the other damage) - its very easy to handle.

Shieldbreaker on the other hand, is unhealable.

Agree 100%

I see shieldbreaker as a troll set since the user has to sacrifice a 5 pc set to only do decent damage on players without shields.

But its still impossible to fight as a shield stacker you 100%
    Edited by Ihatenightblades on August 1, 2018 4:44PM